U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 07:12 AM

20,611 posts, read 12,290,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I think Rubio will bail from VP sweepstakes as he will probably recognize the handwriting on the wall. Latino vote is lost, ergo Marco must hold his ambitions.
Uh; many Hispanics DON'T want amnesty cause it hurts them worse than other groups here in the US.

Old 06-19-2012, 07:14 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,722,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canaan-84 View Post
How do you know they receive all these handouts? As I said in another thread I know some illegals who work two jobs to make ends meet, why would they do that if they're on welfare? I know my experience with some of them is purely anecdotal but there could be others who opt to work two jobs or overtime so they don't have to use welfare. Also, Hispanic birthrates are higher than in any other group so it would make sense for them to be at the top in this case (though not all Hispanics are illegal, remember). Just like whites are at the top in other welfare's since they are also the most numerous in population.

I also used TANF because the site says it's the most common type of welfare in the U.S.
TANF is only one form of welfare although many will claim it is the only handout program that is welfare.

TANF is the cash handout -- but all the government handouts like food stamps, Medicaid, WIC, Section 8 and many other programs really should count as welfare.

Yes, most hispanic babies are born to mothers that take food stamps, WIC, housing assistance, Medicaid but if the mother isn't here legally she's not being handed a check for cash. Not many illegals can afford the high costs of living here and our high medical care costs -- certainly not when they have so many children and take the lowest paying jobs. Most illegals couldn't afford their children when they were living in their own country either.

Old 06-19-2012, 07:16 AM

10,395 posts, read 8,351,291 times
Quote:
Simple answer for her is when the TParty took over the GOP.
Taxes Enough Already...over

Old 06-19-2012, 07:27 AM

Quote:
I think Rubio will bail from VP sweepstakes as he will probably recognize the handwriting on the wall. Latino vote is lost, ergo Marco must hold his ambitions.
Yes. It's time to ditch any more talk about Rubio for VP. The latinos got their way with Obama, and he's picked up whatever 2 or 3 swing voters there may have been with the illegal voters. What the illegals really didn't get are the 800,000 jobs - because there are not 800,000 jobs.

Romney would be smart if he would pick a good Conservative pro-America black candidate for his VP.

Old 06-19-2012, 07:30 AM

13,119 posts, read 9,208,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
illegal invaders? I see why you are effected because you don't have any education whatsoever?

An invasion is a military offensive consisting of armed forces of one geopolitical group aggresively entering territory of another geopolitical group generally with the objective of conquering.
You are so RIGHT... all those European migrants who displaced the American Indians from their lands were not INVADERS.

Old 06-19-2012, 07:35 AM

86,093 posts, read 69,904,378 times
People do not see the trees in the forest.

Offshoring started out decades ago with low level mfg jobs. Look at what offshoring is today.
You were all told a big story about how Americans would retrain and get higher paying jobs.
Well, those higher paying white collar jobs are NOT being done in the US these days.

Now you're being told these new immigrant workers won't take YOUR job; they are taking jobs Americans won't do.
Really ? Do you think these 800K+ are all going to be picking lettuce ? This is not "Grapes of Wrath" people.
They can now apply for any/all jobs except in the Fed Gov where US citizenship is required.

Old 06-19-2012, 07:50 AM

3,404 posts, read 7,256,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
You got nerves telling Americans to move. Why should they its their country.
If anything illegals should be kicked out. Its this attitude & disrespect that I dislike. We are more than generous but they see that as a weakness. Illegals should get the steppin.

You make no sense.
They are invading. Look it up in a dictionary.

Wrong again.

Invasion of privacy is not military.

Illegals are invading our country in the 10's of millions.

They are illegal & I will continue to call them illegal. Get used to it.

They must not be teaching very many history classes in Texas because the U.S. created the boarder while Mexicans had been living there for thousands of years before we attempted to chase them out. I'm sure most Mexican's in Texas are Mexican-Americans just considering their history there.

Texas is 29% spanish speaking...that's just how it is because of it's proximity to Mexico, if someone is so damaged by being near this culture it would probably be good for them to move away from it.

In Europe and even Canada certain countries and states have two main spoken languages. Half of Switzerland speaks German, and the other half speaks Dutch and you don't see them demonizing each other. Sometimes culture transcends government decreed boarders.

Old 06-19-2012, 07:53 AM

3,404 posts, read 7,256,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
From a Canadian perspective, I just don't get it- How millions poured into your country without going through the proper channels. It's astonishing to say the least. HERE is where the issue defies logic- I understand that some illegals will cite your constitution...and say it is against their constitutional rights to get the boot our of the country?

How the hell can a person who is not a citizen demand the rights of a citizen? TURN that idea around - It would be like me showing up in China - breaching their laws and demanding to be tried their under Canadian law...it's just bizarre.

Some illegals are arrogant..and pushy and know that we have weak enforcement- Last year there was an event in the bar across the street..It was a party with about 100 Mexicans in attendance- I went over for a beer...I went out for a smoke and had a chat with a Mexican woman...she had the attitude of some sort of activist...She looked at me and cynically said..."Are you Mexican"....for god;s sake I am a greying blonde man with blue eyes. I got the impression that she was challenging me as if to say- we are here and you can't do a damned thing about it.

Clearly you do not have any real ties to the Mexican community because I know many lighter featured Mexicans and also if you turn on a spanish speaking channel you will see many blonde Mexicans, they aren't usually the poor ones that need to move to US.

Also, maybe she was an activist...would that be an issue if she was?

Old 06-19-2012, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
They must not be teaching very many history classes in Texas because the U.S. created the boarder while Mexicans had been living there for thousands of years before we attempted to chase them out. I'm sure most Mexican's in Texas are Mexican-Americans just considering their history there.

Texas is 29% spanish speaking...that's just how it is because of it's proximity to Mexico, if someone is so damaged by being near this culture it would probably be good for them to move away from it.

In Europe and even Canada certain countries and states have two main spoken languages. Half of Switzerland speaks German, and the other half speaks Dutch and you don't see them demonizing each other. Sometimes culture transcends government decreed boarders.
And exactly what does that have to do with illegals? Everyone of those Mexicans that were living in Texas when Texas became part of the USA were given US citizenship and became Americans -- way that then.

That has nothing to do with the millions coming over that border illegally today -- and they're coming from places quite a distance from the border -- Zacatecas, Chiapas, Durango, Michoacan.

Old 06-19-2012, 07:56 AM

10,589 posts, read 10,322,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
It appears Rice is just another dumb bunny who doesn't understand the meaning of 'illegal'.

Immigrants aren't the problem.
We over estimate the common sense and natural ability of the highly schooled- programmed and educated. I summed up Rice quickly when she presented herself as some sort of creative musical genius..because she played some classical piano. Musicians with natural home spun ability and talent used to called players like Rice "a type writer case" - people that could not play a tune unless the notes where put in front of them on paper- take away the notation and they come to a grinding halt- Rice is like that- take away her prepared notes and she really does not have an original personal thought- I don't think she ever considered what was moral or legal-

As long as she was part of the establishment - all that comes out of her is established institutional thinking...or shall I say non-thinking- Rice parrots the sentiments of the high and mighty- of the rich and comfortable- Don't expect anything special out of her..or observant....No she does not understand what is illegal...after all - look who was her master when she served in the big house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or