U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 08:57 AM

20,611 posts, read 12,334,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
They must not be teaching very many history classes in Texas because the U.S. created the boarder while Mexicans had been living there for thousands of years before we attempted to chase them out. I'm sure most Mexican's in Texas are Mexican-Americans just considering their history there.

Texas is 29% spanish speaking...that's just how it is because of it's proximity to Mexico, if someone is so damaged by being near this culture it would probably be good for them to move away from it.

In Europe and even Canada certain countries and states have two main spoken languages. Half of Switzerland speaks German, and the other half speaks Dutch and you don't see them demonizing each other. Sometimes culture transcends government decreed boarders.
Mexicans living there for thousands of years? Uh; Mexico didn't start till about 200 years ago. Sheesh!

Old 06-19-2012, 08:57 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,858,290 times
Quote:
Clearly you do not have any real ties to the Mexican community because I know many lighter featured Mexicans and also if you turn on a spanish speaking channel you will see many blonde Mexicans, they aren't usually the poor ones that need to move to US.

Also, maybe she was an activist...would that be an issue if she was?
A lot of non-blond Mexicans in Mexico are staying in school, not having kids at age 13 and 14, and not having 9 kids - and they are part of Mexico's growing middle class. It's not about race. Much has to do with the irresponsible habit of giving birth at very young ages and having far too many children when they cannot feed them.

Old 06-19-2012, 08:59 AM

16,438 posts, read 18,564,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Much has to do with the irresponsible habit of giving birth at very young ages and having far too many children when they cannot feed them.
Or knowing they'll get a government pay check for having them...

Old 06-19-2012, 08:59 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,858,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Mexicans living there for thousands of years? Uh; Mexico didn't start till about 200 years ago. Sheesh!
True -- and there were Tejanos fighting against the Mexicans at the Alamo.

The problem with all these millions of Mexicans -- they will do anything, risk their lives to come here illegally but they won't fight for their own country, they won't protest there for reforms, they even insist that Mexico keeps it's brown people down but they won't do a thing about it.

Old 06-19-2012, 09:10 AM

3,404 posts, read 7,277,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
To imply a citizen move to another state and not an illegal alien move back to their own nation says alot about how you think and your own background being latina (ethnically prejudiced). Why is it so easy for the citizen to move, but not the illegal? The citizen has the right to live there, the illegal does not. The citizen is a resident of the state, the illegal is not. Hell the illegal moved there to begin with displacing the citizen and increasing costs on the citizen. Get rid of the illegal and no more displacement or costs on the citizen.

You would be surprised at what illegals receive if you ever get beyond the ideological ignorance and do some actual research, unless you are illegal yourself and are laying claim to you don't receive any benefits (State or Federal) yourself.

I can think of worst things to call them, but illegal immigrant and illegal alien are the Federal definitions of what they are, your opinion of the matter holds no water .
Ignorance? I have lived it as 2 out of 10 of my family member who moved to the U.S. had expired visas so they were technically "illegal" until they worked things out with lawyers.

I have lived in Miami for 5 years which has a ton if "illegals" so I personally know many people without papers first hand.

The only ignorance I see is scared people....people who are scared of their changing country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post

Yes, I know buy the Amerindians who are basically today brown Mexicans have been living there for 1000s of years. They still look the same and have similar culture, so in a sense yes the Mexicans have been there since before we came here.

Quote:
A lot of non-blond Mexicans in Mexico are staying in school, not having kids at age 13 and 14, and not having 9 kids - and they are part of Mexico's growing middle class. It's not about race. Much has to do with the irresponsible habit of giving birth at very young ages and having far too many children when they cannot feed them.
This is a cultural thing and most practicing Catholics tend to have more children. I have never met a Mexican or any Latin who has had kids at 13 or 14 and certainly not 9 kids.

The average hispanic woman in the U.S will have 3 kids in her lifetime...that 9 figure seems awfully high.

The average black woman will have 2 and white woman will have 1.

I'm hispanic and I plan on having many children once I have been a practicing accountant for a few years. Possibly even with a "real American" since I live in Boston... I'm sure this may make some of you cringe

Old 06-19-2012, 09:11 AM

10,589 posts, read 10,350,814 times
There are two kinds or two classes- The Latin Americans who have mostly pure Spanish ancestors - and those that are a mix or pure indigenous people who have been there for a thousand years..Americans don't get this- The Spanish are the elite and the common "Indian" are held back though Mexico's internal racism...My son married a young girl from Chile--this young woman proudly states that her mother was from Spain- which in her mind makes her higher class.... The flood of immigrants that you call Latinos are acutally for the most part the natives...being pushed around by white Spanish elite.

Old 06-19-2012, 09:22 AM

2,477 posts, read 1,715,868 times
Quote:
Ignorance? I have lived it as 2 out of 10 of my family member who moved to the U.S. had expired visas so they were technically "illegal" until they worked things out with lawyers.

I have lived in Miami for 5 years which has a ton if "illegals" so I personally know many people without papers first hand.

The only ignorance I see is scared people....people who are scared of their changing country.
When change is "forced" by uncontrolled mitigation, how do you expect people to react? Welcoming?

I said "ideological ignorance". I've also said you show "ethnical prejudice". Your comment explains why.

"Technically illegal", you mean they were out of status, visa overstays with an ability to change status. They didn't work things out with lawyers, they worked things out with USCIS, the lawyers were but middlemen filing forms.

I live in CA with even more illegals than Miami or FL, so what? I compete with them in my line of work daily, each time one of them is hired by my competitor and paid cash means I have to lower my prices even more to compete. 80% + of the employees in my line of work are illegals. Some of these companies do eventually go out of business, but then a new 2 or 3 pop up. Why should I as a citizen have to compete with this? Why should I as a citizen be forced to move from where I have lived for over 35 years? Why should I be forced out by illegals?

Old 06-19-2012, 09:24 AM

Quote:

Yes, I know buy the Amerindians who are basically today brown Mexicans have been living there for 1000s of years. They still look the same and have similar culture, so in a sense yes the Mexicans have been there since before we came here.

This is a cultural thing and most practicing Catholics tend to have more children. I have never met a Mexican or any Latin who has had kids at 13 or 14 and certainly not 9 kids.

The average hispanic woman in the U.S will have 3 kids in her lifetime...that 9 figure seems awfully high.

The average black woman will have 2 and white woman will have 1.

I'm hispanic and I plan on having many children once I have been a practicing accountant for a few years. Possibly even with a "real American" since I live in Boston... I'm sure this may make some of you cringe
Uh; most of us DON'T want illegal aliens in the US. I'm of Irish family and I don't want illegal alien Irish people here either. Yes; people here in the US are getting more fed up with illegals and those people who want them here.

Mexicans: their culture today is "Hispanic", tho a few still speak the Aztec language and so on.

Old 06-19-2012, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
There are two kinds or two classes- The Latin Americans who have mostly pure Spanish ancestors - and those that are a mix or pure indigenous people who have been there for a thousand years..Americans don't get this- The Spanish are the elite and the common "Indian" are held back though Mexico's internal racism...My son married a young girl from Chile--this young woman proudly states that her mother was from Spain- which in her mind makes her higher class.... The flood of immigrants that you call Latinos are acutally for the most part the natives...being pushed around by white Spanish elite.
That's LatAm's problem. The Hispanic Indians there need to take it up with the white Hispanics.

Old 06-19-2012, 09:28 AM

Quote:
True -- and there were Tejanos fighting against the Mexicans at the Alamo.

The problem with all these millions of Mexicans -- they will do anything, risk their lives to come here illegally but they won't fight for their own country, they won't protest there for reforms, they even insist that Mexico keeps it's brown people down but they won't do a thing about it.
Agreed. WE have enough people with problems here, we don't need more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or