U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 09:55 AM

13,174 posts, read 9,284,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
Half of Switzerland speaks German, and the other half speaks Dutch and you don't see them demonizing each other. Sometimes culture transcends government decreed boarders.
Switzerland has FOUR national languages : Italian, French, Romansh and German.

Languages of Switzerland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 06-19-2012, 10:11 AM

9,243 posts, read 7,137,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post

But the country is divided by the languages geographically into four regions.

Old 06-19-2012, 10:15 AM

10,589 posts, read 10,379,711 times
Quote:

The Swiz are just watered down Germanics. So Germany and Switzerland are kin. As for Italian...they have similarities with the Germans..they tried out fascism and the Germans gave the Nazi thing a go...so they have a connection as far as mentality. Those French- they take just about any side that's winning..they like the Italians would rather eat and drink and let the world go to hell..NOW the Romanish...well Gypsies will go where the going is good and the food is free- a real happy family that tosses out the idea of boarder...except for Germany of course who still have that pesky ambition of ruling all of Europe and the world if they could..These people who don't like boarders should try living in a house without walls for a year...I hope you got a well stocked fridge and bar- cos' I am going to put my fat ass right down in your living room and stay a long while- maybe I might just stay forever....any invites? I didn't think so,

Old 06-19-2012, 10:15 AM

9,243 posts, read 7,137,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
There are two kinds or two classes- The Latin Americans who have mostly pure Spanish ancestors - and those that are a mix or pure indigenous people who have been there for a thousand years..Americans don't get this- The Spanish are the elite and the common "Indian" are held back though Mexico's internal racism...My son married a young girl from Chile--this young woman proudly states that her mother was from Spain- which in her mind makes her higher class.... The flood of immigrants that you call Latinos are acutally for the most part the natives...being pushed around by white Spanish elite.
No one is pure.
Humans have been mixing and intermingling since the beginning of mankind.

Old 06-19-2012, 11:31 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,192,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
There are two kinds or two classes- The Latin Americans who have mostly pure Spanish ancestors - and those that are a mix or pure indigenous people who have been there for a thousand years..Americans don't get this- The Spanish are the elite and the common "Indian" are held back though Mexico's internal racism...My son married a young girl from Chile--this young woman proudly states that her mother was from Spain- which in her mind makes her higher class.... The flood of immigrants that you call Latinos are acutally for the most part the natives...being pushed around by white Spanish elite.
If you are speaking of the so-called immigrants aka illegal aliens that are flooding our southern border their tribal ancestors were not indiginous to the U.S. so they are not native to this country. The descendants of the tribes that were are all full fledged citizens of this country.

Old 06-19-2012, 11:51 AM

1,164 posts, read 1,284,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
TANF is only one form of welfare although many will claim it is the only handout program that is welfare.

TANF is the cash handout -- but all the government handouts like food stamps, Medicaid, WIC, Section 8 and many other programs really should count as welfare.

Yes, most hispanic babies are born to mothers that take food stamps, WIC, housing assistance, Medicaid but if the mother isn't here legally she's not being handed a check for cash. Not many illegals can afford the high costs of living here and our high medical care costs -- certainly not when they have so many children and take the lowest paying jobs. Most illegals couldn't afford their children when they were living in their own country either.
I don't think all of them take low paying jobs, it was stated by some anti-illegal in another thread that most of them have taken up landscaping and construction industries and those areas pay very well. I knew an illegal that made $36/hr in construction. It's only one case, but shows the possibility that not all are paid horribly (maids aren't paid badly either). The only ones that I can see getting paid horribly are those who work in restaurants and line factories since those areas already pay horribly to begin with (with or without papers). I'm not denying that some of them might use welfare through their American born children, but I think people exagerrate on the numbers (using U.S. as a whole).

Old 06-19-2012, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canaan-84 View Post
I don't think all of them take low paying jobs, it was stated by some anti-illegal in another thread that most of them have taken up landscaping and construction industries and those areas pay very well. I knew an illegal that made $36/hr in construction. It's only one case, but shows the possibility that not all are paid horribly (maids aren't paid badly either). The only ones that I can see getting paid horribly are those who work in restaurants and line factories since those areas already pay horribly to begin with (with or without papers). I'm not denying that some of them might use welfare through their American born children, but I think people exagerrate on the numbers (using U.S. as a whole).
Your example is the acception to the rule. If an employer pays an illegal alien the same he would have to pay a citizen or legal immigrant along with benefits then why are they taking the chance of doing something unlawful by hiring illegal aliens in the first place? The whole concept of hiring them is because they work cheaper. Come on!

A lot more of them get welfare through their anchor babies than you can imagine. Stats have been posted over and over on that in here.

Old 06-19-2012, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Your example is the acception to the rule. If an employer pays an illegal alien the same he would have to pay a citizen or legal immigrant along with benefits then why are they taking the chance of doing something unlawful by hiring illegal aliens in the first place? The whole concept of hiring them is because they work cheaper. Come on!

A lot more of them get welfare through their anchor babies than you can imagine. Stats have been posted over and over on that in here.
The only stats I have seen are through here are 1 or 2 individual state stats or stats from anti-illegal conservative sites which I don't trust (I need more reliable sources).

Old 06-19-2012, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post

So, I finally found a stats that include all of the U.S. and all types of welfare including school lunches, WIC, medicaid, TANF, food stamps, housing, rents and disability. The stats claim that 57% of immigrants legal or not use one type of these welfare. Surprisingly the report showed that legal immigrants have a higher usage (In Texas however you do have a point, more illegals use welfare in that state).

It's the best I could find and it doesn't really fully support either side since it has certain points that support your view and other points that support my view.

Study: 70% of Texas
Thirteen years after Congress overhauled the American welfare system, 57 percent of immigrants with children — those in the country legally or not — use at least one government, welfare program according to a report released Tuesday by the Center for Immigration Studies.

Illegal immigrants with children primarily use food assistance programs and Medicaid, with little or no cash or housing assistance. In contrast, legal immigrants have high usage rates for every type of program.

Old 06-19-2012, 08:21 PM

Quote:

Were these languages forced on them due to illegal immigration? No, I think not!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or