Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 09:30 AM

2,475 posts, read 2,075,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
Liquid...not sure if you have filled out any government related forms like this but generally it will be printed that Hispanic people must check the Hispanic box even if they consider themselves "white".

Please...I lived in Miami which has at least a 60% Hispanic population so don't feel the need to school me on this basic nonsense...Of course I know we are just as diverse as anywhere.

Maybe the students in your life have to have everything done for them, but don't project that on me.

So not only do you have issues with an acceptable, moral way of letting young adults have opportunities but you generally disdain college students as well?

Maybe you wish you could do it all over again, huh?
Gov't related forms.... "Hispanic people "must check" Hispanic" ....LOL The check boxes are all there, the person checking chooses which category they claim to be. Not all Hispanics claim to be Hispanic. My family doesn't check the Hispanic box, they all check the white box.

Don't project the fact you couldn't look anything up? or the fact that you stated: Sources or it never happened. Seems I had to do it for you so that you would believe.
I generally disdain lazy people who think they know things that they don't, i.e. you making claims and then failing to look up any info I gave. Sources or it never happened.

Do what all over again? I have my college degree, I own my own company, I do quite well at it, I have a very good reputation in what I do, I have lived in other countries, so what would I want to do all over again? Have the life I have? Sure I would do it over again, the exact same way, all faults as well.

Old 06-20-2012, 10:35 AM

30,996 posts, read 22,039,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
IPODR - Improved Perinatal Outcome Data Reports

It would be very difficult for millions of illiterate and uneducated people who could not make it in their own country with it's much lower costs of living and where they understand the language to come here and afford the much higher costs of living without the government handouts supplementing the low wages they eagerly accept.
Good observation.

Old 06-20-2012, 11:07 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,312,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
What a racist post. Just kidding just kidding. On this forum you have those who constant post what a drain hispanics and other immigrants are on the US. According to your chart it would seem that hispanics are third overall and my wifes group is at the bottom.
Irony of irony the too groups that cry the loudest about immigration and hispanics for that matter are the ones who use the most welfare.
I don't recall anyone saying that most legal immigrants are a drain on the U.S. What I have heard and read is that illegal aliens are. The only Hispanics I cry about are the ones here illegally and their defenders. Is that somehow wrong? It just so happens that Hispanics/Latinos are here by far in the largest numbers illegally compared to other ethnic groups.

Non-hispanic whites are still the majority in this country so wouldn't it just make sense that they would be crying the loudest about illegal immigration Hispanic or not? Seriously, what has happened to you tinman? I don't even recognize you any more.

As for what groups use the most welfare as Liquid Reigns pointed out many Hispanics just call themselves white and stats have been posted in here before that it isn't non-hispanic whites anyway. Of course it still could go back to the fact that non-hispanic whites are the majority in this country so percentage wise.......

I am white and not on any welfare. I don't care what race or ethnic group you are from only the truly needy should get it and certainly not illegal aliens.

Old 06-20-2012, 12:07 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
LOL..says the woman who worked for the administration that built a wall to keep them out

Old 06-20-2012, 01:33 PM

1,200 posts, read 1,604,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
No they wouldn't, they would put white, or black as all forms will have numerous choices to choose from. Even persons from the middle east will mark white, while some will mark other. Now if I posted the unemployed numbers by a persons race, it will show Hispanics with a much higher number and whites with a lower number. Questions and numbers are always easy to manipulate and should be taken with a grain of salt.
You're assuming what they would do. On the forms it clearly says Hispanic regardless of race, Non-Hispanic white and Non-Hispanic black, they also have Asian, Pacific islander, etc.

Old 06-20-2012, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canaan-84 View Post
You're assuming what they would do. On the forms it clearly says Hispanic regardless of race, Non-Hispanic white and Non-Hispanic black, they also have Asian, Pacific islander, etc.
The percentages given are but assumptions, which was my point. Welfare documents have a question that is optional, Latino/Hispanic or non-Latino/Hispanic. Not everybody will check the optional boxes for ethnicity. Then we get into the race questions, which covers persons from every color and background, this is also an optional check requirement. This is also where many Hispanics will check White, Black, Asian, etc. This is also where there is a disparity in the numbers used. We can assume that some do do this, not all, can we not? Or is it a given that if you are of Hispanic/Latino background you must identify yourself as such? I mean Iraqi's claim White, so do those from India and other Middle Eastern Countries, what makes Hispanics any different?

Old 06-20-2012, 03:44 PM

30,996 posts, read 22,039,678 times
Quote:
The percentages given are but assumptions, which was my point. Welfare documents have a question that is optional, Latino/Hispanic or non-Latino/Hispanic. Not everybody will check the optional boxes for ethnicity. Then we get into the race questions, which covers persons from every color and background, this is also an optional check requirement. This is also where many Hispanics will check White, Black, Asian, etc. This is also where there is a disparity in the numbers used. We can assume that some do do this, not all, can we not? Or is it a given that if you are of Hispanic/Latino background you must identify yourself as such? I mean Iraqi's claim White, so do those from India and other Middle Eastern Countries, what makes Hispanics any different?
Yep, Fluid defination. You have the Government trying to dictate who is an ethnic group, you have people self identifying with a chosen ethnic group, and you have other people deciding on your ethnic group with outlooking at it from your standpoint. People from most countries have a bias of what is popular in their country and it may not apply to us.

Old 06-20-2012, 03:48 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
I always check "Other" and write in American. I hope to throw them off

Old 06-20-2012, 03:53 PM

1,200 posts, read 1,604,020 times
Quote:
It's different for Hispanics because they clearly state regardless of race and others even go as far as putting in a definition in parenthesis that reads along the lines of "having ancestry from Mexico, Puerto Rico, Cuba or any other Spanish speaking country". I don't know about welfare since I have never applied for it so I don't know what type of question they would ask about race or ethnic group. I have seen the questions separated on the census, but on job applications they only ask for ethnic group (the dozens of jobs I applied to at least when I graduated from college).

I don't know why some would even put white after even reading the definition, are they so ashamed of their ancestry that they feel the need to put white? People who do that remind me of Jessica Alba from years ago when she used to say in interviews things like "I'm American, I'm not Latina, Cameron Diaz is more Latina then me". She was heavily criticized for it and she doesn't seem to do that now, perhaps because she realized she could lose a potential fan base?

Old 06-20-2012, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canaan-84 View Post
It's different for Hispanics because they clearly state regardless of race and others even go as far as putting in a definition in parenthesis that reads along the lines of "having ancestry from Mexico, Puerto Rico, Cuba or any other Spanish speaking country". I don't know about welfare since I have never applied for it so I don't know what type of question they would ask about race or ethnic group. I have seen the questions separated on the census, but on job applications they only ask for ethnic group (the dozens of jobs I applied to at least when I graduated from college).

I don't know why some would even put white after even reading the definition, are they so ashamed of their ancestry that they feel the need to put white? People who do that remind me of Jessica Alba from years ago when she used to say in interviews things like "I'm American, I'm not Latina, Cameron Diaz is more Latina then me". She was heavily criticized for it and she doesn't seem to do that now, perhaps because she realized she could lose a potential fan base?
That's just it, there is no definition on the documents, only check boxes as to what one identifies as. My wife is of Hispanic ethnicity, yet she checks white, go figure. The issue is: Pear Martini: Liquid...not sure if you have filled out any government related forms like this but generally it will be printed that Hispanic people must check the Hispanic box even if they consider themselves "white". Which isn't true as I have shown. The "racial percentages" are but only those that have checked the boxes, not all checked the boxes and some checked only the race box and not the ethnicity box.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration