U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 07:32 PM

1,017 posts, read 558,506 times

Advertisements

SoCal, your post is 100% right on. As a California native, I can attest to the mess California is in. Yup, a budget deficit of $16 billion. When i grew up in the 1960s, our education system ranked number one in the country, now it is number 48.

I propose that all the pro-illegal alien folks put their money where their mouths are by paying for these poor misunderstood people. Me? I'll never afford to retire, but I guess senior citizens be damned. What a difference in generations - "children are to be seen and not heard" when I was growing up. Now I have to pay for children whose parents broke the law and continue to siphon off our country, all the while thumbing their noses at us.

It's time Mexico take care of its own and stop exporting its poor to us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2012, 07:44 PM

2,413 posts, read 2,567,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie1004 View Post
SoCal, your post is 100% right on. As a California native, I can attest to the mess California is in. Yup, a budget deficit of $16 billion. When i grew up in the 1960s, our education system ranked number one in the country, now it is number 48.

I propose that all the pro-illegal alien folks put their money where their mouths are by paying for these poor misunderstood people. Me? I'll never afford to retire, but I guess senior citizens be damned. What a difference in generations - "children are to be seen and not heard" when I was growing up. Now I have to pay for children whose parents broke the law and continue to siphon off our country, all the while thumbing their noses at us.

It's time Mexico take care of its own and stop exporting its poor to us.

It's sad how far CA has fallen. I'm not a native but moved here about 10 years ago. Even in those 10 years I see massive change happening and not for the good. Everywhere you go in CA except of course in the rich white enclaves you feel like you're living in a city straight out of Mexico. The Central valley which used to be home to some of the most amazing agriculture and farms in the world is now a dump. Mexicans have trashed small farming towns all across America. Of course it's only because they do stoop labor no other Americans want to do........riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight............Our state legislature along with the big ag companies have sold out the American worker and specifically the CA small farms. It's disgusting.

Old 06-18-2012, 07:47 PM

28,906 posts, read 45,336,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marce30 View Post
Australia doesnt even compare to the US. We are a backwards society with a lot of silly conservatives whom want to take this country back to the dark ages.
Funny how actually expecting the president of the United States to enforce existing immigration laws is considered backwards.

Old 06-18-2012, 08:00 PM

11,544 posts, read 25,158,102 times
Unfortunately illegal immigration is a massive problem that has been ignored for 50 years of which I am personally aware. Surely we did not forget so soon, the silver-tongued Señor Fox, the American educated El Presidente of Mexico with his maps, directions, and encouragement. Kill the anchor baby law and maybe illegal entry won't seem so appealing.

Last edited by linicx; 06-19-2012 at 06:32 AM..

Old 06-18-2012, 10:08 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,858,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
I'm downright amazed that people on this message board are attacking children.

This law was designed for people who were brought here very young. They don't know anyone or any thing about life in their PARENTS country except for common knowledge stuff like you and I and they are being sent to a developing country they know nothing about.

This is currently happening....kids at age 18 are forced to move because they were brought here by their parents.

How is this so dreadful for you guys?

What happened to Americans wanting to protect hungry brown children?

800,000 is not a crazy number...these people will be in places like Florida, California, and New York/ Jersey so if you have such xenophobia...stay in your rural good for nothing town while this influx of new legal immigrants help grow the economy in the areas they DO reside in.

This is a great move. It's morally correct and good for the economy because anyone who has taken intro to macroeconomics knows that an influx of new people is great for economic growth.

Also it's not like there is a cap on the number of jobs out there...if you really can't find work stop hunkering behind your computer bitching about the world and RELOCATE to a place with jobs just like these kid's parents have.
Hungry brown children??? Where on earth did hunger come into it?

Mexico has surpassed the USA in obesity rates, we're only the second highest in obesity rates, Mexico is Numero Uno! in obesity that is.

If illegals were any benefit to a country, their own governments wouldn't be so eager to be rid of them, you think Calderon doesn't know what he's doing when he shows up extremely elated over Obama's ruling?

Old 06-18-2012, 10:12 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,858,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post
Why do the tax payers always have to worry about the children suffering, but no one ever points the finger at the irresponsible parents?

Point the finger at them first then say how everyone else in the US should support them. I don't have kids because I cant afford them and I can't afford to give them the lifestyle I want them to have,yet. Why do I understand that but others don't?

I need to get my finances and life in order first before I can support a family under me, and they need to be fully supported before I can help other families. The US needs to do the same and support its family (citizens) before it can help other families. We cant support other people right now.
That is exactly right.

The reason these people couldn't make it in their own country where the middle class is actually growing while our is not, is that they do not finish school, they do not breed responsibly.

The hispanic illegitimacy rate is 68%, just like in their own country, they have babies they cannot afford and they have many babies they cannot afford.

If they finished an education, learned jobs skills, delay the start of a family until after they are working and married, and limit family size to what they could afford, they would surely join their own country's middle class.

There's a big reason Obama included the "GED" as a qualification.

Old 06-19-2012, 02:30 AM

37,072 posts, read 38,457,053 times
Quote:
WRONG!

many people who come here without papers have degrees from South American colleges that don't count for anything here.
I didn't say there was none with education, I said they weren't flush with well educated people.

Quote:
They are also more skilled at maths and sciences since the begin learning them in 1st grade instead of 7th like here in the US.
My niece is learning basic Algebra, she just graduated...... from the fourth grade.

Old 06-19-2012, 02:33 AM

37,072 posts, read 38,457,053 times
Quote:
I'm downright amazed that people on this message board are attacking children.
Who's attacking children? Using the Mexican threshold for poverty there is something like 100 million children born into poverty each year, the US can't possibly be the means to help them all. Perhaps if people like your mother who hold degrees stayed in their country of origin they could improve that.

Old 06-19-2012, 06:02 AM

12,411 posts, read 15,981,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Why reward the children? Wouldn't that encourage more dead beat parents to do the same?
Yes. This is the reason why they broke the law to come here. We are rewarding them for bad behavior again.

It is not as though we have an abundance of jobs in this country, and they will be contributing to the economy. They are just more bodies on the job market, competing with citizens for the few jobs that there are.

We can only afford pity if we are satisfied ourselves. It is only reasonable that US jobs go to US citizens first. How about some compassion for ourselves?

Old 06-19-2012, 06:38 AM

11,544 posts, read 25,158,102 times
There is a lot wrong with this scheme, not withstanding the idea the "children" allowed to stay need food, clothing and shelter while they earn the degree. Housing is not cheap; minimum wage is not enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or