Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 08:06 AM

1,489 posts, read 3,087,599 times

Advertisements

Why aren't we also importing African children by the boatloads? I have more compassion for those children. I think they are in far worse shape than the average Mexican child.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2012, 08:23 AM

3,426 posts, read 8,904,464 times
I would just like to say I as a Hispanic woman who has lived up and down the East Coast I have never encountered as much racism as there is on this "Illegal Immigration" board.

I can proudly say I think I have never been the victim of anything racist. That is why the comments and racist stereotypes here shock me so much because I have truly never witnessed anything like this short of watching Arizona protesters yell at Mexicans to go back home on the News.

This is just as bad as the site stormfront, and I'm sure a lot of you would enjoy that place as well as this place.

It seems racism here is not only tolerated but encouraged and any voice that opposes the view of the anti-Mexicans is treated as blasphemous.

I can confidently say I know most Americans don't feel this way and I know I can go to almost any desirable geographical location and not be approached by people like this.

I know many people without papers from South America and they simply fly here and overstay their visas until they can find a lawyer or get married. None of them fit the truly offensive descriptions I have read here over the past few days.

Old 06-19-2012, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post
Why aren't we also importing African children by the boatloads? I have more compassion for those children. I think they are in far worse shape than the average Mexican child.

Maybe you are the first person who thought of this? You should go out and start this charity if you have the money and time.

Old 06-19-2012, 08:29 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
I would just like to say I as a Hispanic woman who has lived up and down the East Coast I have never encountered as much racism as there is on this "Illegal Immigration" board.

I can proudly say I think I have never been the victim of anything racist. That is why the comments and racist stereotypes here shock me so much because I have truly never witnessed anything like this short of watching Arizona protesters yell at Mexicans to go back home on the News.

This is just as bad as the site stormfront, and I'm sure a lot of you would enjoy that place as well as this place.

It seems racism here is not only tolerated but encouraged and any voice that opposes the view of the anti-Mexicans is treated as blasphemous.

I can confidently say I know most Americans don't feel this way and I know I can go to almost any desirable geographical location and not be approached by people like this.

I know many people without papers from South America and they simply fly here and overstay their visas until they can find a lawyer or get married. None of them fit the truly offensive descriptions I have read here over the past few days.
Illegal alien is a race? I def want them GONE; all of them, not just the Hispanic ones. Sheesh!

I don't like storm front either. They're as bad as the Mexica sites.

Old 06-19-2012, 09:20 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,664,523 times
Quote:
^^^^So just make children suffer? Children who want to go to college and work and contribute to this country? The only country they know

How is it a reward? There is a cap of 800,000 that will probably be filled up within a year.
It is a reward. Its certainly not punishment.

Quote:
Do spanish speakers really bother you? What if they were Canadian?
Your changing the issue. This is about illegals.

I do have problem with Hispanics that don't use English as their primary tongue & are hostile to English.

Old 06-19-2012, 09:38 AM

1,489 posts, read 3,087,599 times
Quote:

I'm opposed to your stance. I also live in an area that is 90% hispanic. I have no problem with any of them that I know, but if I found out my neighbors were in any way abusing the system, I would have a problem and speak up. But the fact is that my neighbors are great people, here legally, they work hard, they pay their rent with their own money, and I have respect for them.

If we lived in a fantasy world that you have, with unlimited resources, no crime, unlimited space, and unlimited money to support everyone within our borders, there would be no issue with people coming here illegally. But we live in reality with real economic conditions and limited money, but unlimited debt.

Old 06-19-2012, 09:41 AM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:

Illegal Alien is a status not a race.

Old 06-19-2012, 10:53 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,313,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
It is a reward. Its certainly not punishment.

Your changing the issue. This is about illegals.

I do have problem with Hispanics that don't use English as their primary tongue & are hostile to English.
The way I look at it is that by giving these so-called kids amnesty it is rewarding their parents for breaking our immigration laws. How is it punishment to send their entire families back to their homelands? They can use the education we provided freely to them to improve their own countries. We don't need an added 800,000 foreigners added to our workforce right now with millions of Americans out of work. We all know that this would just be a prelude to amnestying their parents next. We weren't born yesterday.

Old 06-19-2012, 10:59 AM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
800,000 Mostly Mexican Citizens shoved ahead of the line of Americans.

http://politics.blogs.foxnews.com/20...gration-policy
Attached Thumbnails
A message for well educated illegals.-work.jpg  

Old 06-19-2012, 11:26 AM

Not every comment was racist but comments such as "the mexicans start having babies at 13 and 14 and end up having 8 of them and are irresponsible since they cannot afford to feed them" is racist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration