U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-18-2012, 02:28 AM
 
1,482 posts, read 1,800,366 times
Reputation: 854

Advertisements

Taken into the USA by your parents aged 12 months, had a good education in the USA but are still being told you will never be an American by those of a extreme right wing party ?
Why bother knocking your head against the wall if you will never be a citizen, come on down to Australia, as long as you have skills we need and want you will be welcome.
Only got Mexican citizenship, guess what we do not care about the citizenship you hold as long as you have good English and the skills we want plus Medical and criminal checks

No we do not bother with those rubbish temporary visas for the people we want, you will be a citizen within five years if you desire.

And guess what, it is a lot easier to get a green card for the USA as an Aussie than most nationalities .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-18-2012, 03:01 AM
 
Location: In bed with Madonna
475 posts, read 379,895 times
Reputation: 408
Australia doesnt even compare to the US. We are a backwards society with a lot of silly conservatives whom want to take this country back to the dark ages.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-18-2012, 03:03 AM
 
37,072 posts, read 38,285,292 times
Reputation: 14835
The illegals aren't exactly flush with well educated people. If you're well educated they take the legal route. This poses a very serious problem for many poor countries, their well educated Doctors, Engineers and people with leadership skills are no longer there to improve their own country of origin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-18-2012, 03:09 AM
 
2,413 posts, read 2,560,772 times
Reputation: 2030
Well educated + illegal = oxymoron.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-18-2012, 07:39 AM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,286,582 times
Reputation: 5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by nzrugby View Post
Taken into the USA by your parents aged 12 months, had a good education in the USA but are still being told you will never be an American by those of a extreme right wing party ?
Why bother knocking your head against the wall if you will never be a citizen, come on down to Australia, as long as you have skills we need and want you will be welcome.
Only got Mexican citizenship, guess what we do not care about the citizenship you hold as long as you have good English and the skills we want plus Medical and criminal checks

No we do not bother with those rubbish temporary visas for the people we want, you will be a citizen within five years if you desire.

And guess what, it is a lot easier to get a green card for the USA as an Aussie than most nationalities .
Then try to go to Australia. Word has it illegal aliens are held in detention centers IF there's any problem with their papers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-18-2012, 07:50 AM
 
Location: Up North
3,404 posts, read 7,254,275 times
Reputation: 3036
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
The illegals aren't exactly flush with well educated people. If you're well educated they take the legal route. This poses a very serious problem for many poor countries, their well educated Doctors, Engineers and people with leadership skills are no longer there to improve their own country of origin.


WRONG!


many people who come here without papers have degrees from South American colleges that don't count for anything here.

They are also more skilled at maths and sciences since the begin learning them in 1st grade instead of 7th like here in the US.

My mother was the first woman to go to her university of engineering and studied petroleum engineering....she lived in US for one year without papers before she got them and had to work as a babysitter and seamstress.


After she had me she studied fashion design and later went back to school again to become an accountant.

I know of many others who held degrees in their country but could not put them to use here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-18-2012, 07:57 AM
 
Location: Up North
3,404 posts, read 7,254,275 times
Reputation: 3036
I'm downright amazed that people on this message board are attacking children.


This law was designed for people who were brought here very young. They don't know anyone or any thing about life in their PARENTS country except for common knowledge stuff like you and I and they are being sent to a developing country they know nothing about.

This is currently happening....kids at age 18 are forced to move because they were brought here by their parents.

How is this so dreadful for you guys?

What happened to Americans wanting to protect hungry brown children?

800,000 is not a crazy number...these people will be in places like Florida, California, and New York/ Jersey so if you have such xenophobia...stay in your rural good for nothing town while this influx of new legal immigrants help grow the economy in the areas they DO reside in.

This is a great move. It's morally correct and good for the economy because anyone who has taken intro to macroeconomics knows that an influx of new people is great for economic growth.


Also it's not like there is a cap on the number of jobs out there...if you really can't find work stop hunkering behind your computer bitching about the world and RELOCATE to a place with jobs just like these kid's parents have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-18-2012, 08:02 AM
 
25,060 posts, read 22,112,973 times
Reputation: 11576
Quote:
Originally Posted by nzrugby View Post
Taken into the USA by your parents aged 12 months, had a good education in the USA but are still being told you will never be an American by those of a extreme right wing party ?
Why bother knocking your head against the wall if you will never be a citizen, come on down to Australia, as long as you have skills we need and want you will be welcome.
Only got Mexican citizenship, guess what we do not care about the citizenship you hold as long as you have good English and the skills we want plus Medical and criminal checks

No we do not bother with those rubbish temporary visas for the people we want, you will be a citizen within five years if you desire.

And guess what, it is a lot easier to get a green card for the USA as an Aussie than most nationalities .
Let them go to NZ, that way they don't have to go through Australian immigration which is more strict than NZ's
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-18-2012, 08:07 AM
 
9,243 posts, read 7,099,270 times
Reputation: 2199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
I'm downright amazed that people on this message board are attacking children.


This law was designed for people who were brought here very young. They don't know anyone or any thing about life in their PARENTS country except for common knowledge stuff like you and I and they are being sent to a developing country they know nothing about.

This is currently happening....kids at age 18 are forced to move because they were brought here by their parents.

How is this so dreadful for you guys?

What happened to Americans wanting to protect hungry brown children?

800,000 is not a crazy number...these people will be in places like Florida, California, and New York/ Jersey so if you have such xenophobia...stay in your rural good for nothing town while this influx of new legal immigrants help grow the economy in the areas they DO reside in.

This is a great move. It's morally correct and good for the economy because anyone who has taken intro to macroeconomics knows that an influx of new people is great for economic growth.


Also it's not like there is a cap on the number of jobs out there...if you really can't find work stop hunkering behind your computer bitching about the world and RELOCATE to a place with jobs just like these kid's parents have.
Why reward the children? Wouldn't that encourage more dead beat parents to do the same?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-18-2012, 08:15 AM
 
Location: Up North
3,404 posts, read 7,254,275 times
Reputation: 3036
^^^^So just make children suffer? Children who want to go to college and work and contribute to this country? The only country they know


Do spanish speakers really bother you? What if they were Canadian?

How is it a reward? There is a cap of 800,000 that will probably be filled up within a year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top