Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 09:58 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,747,478 times

Advertisements

For such a long time, the anti-illegals on this forum have led us to believe that there is going to be an uprising if anything was done to legalize or accommodate some of the illegal immigrant here. Well, it's been a couple of days since Obama made that announcement and i don't really see anyone too upset about it. So what gives? I think this issue is going to fade away in a couple of days and people will forget all about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2012, 10:18 AM

3,484 posts, read 2,871,413 times
Uh we have lives and jobs?

Your point?

If it makes you feel any better I wrote the president. I'm a Dem and I think he may have just lost the election. He put the needs of illegals and their racist cheerleaders in the hispanic lobby above the needs of our children and the unemployed.

Old 06-18-2012, 10:24 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,496,447 times
I doubt they can gather enough supporters to protest. Look at this forum for example, the same 5 posters vehemently post and rep each other over the last 5 years. There just aren't many people in America who get excited about the issue.

Old 06-18-2012, 10:29 AM

3,484 posts, read 2,871,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
I doubt they can seriously gather enough supporters to protest. Look at this forum for example, the same 5 posters vehemently post and rep each other for the last 5 years. There just aren't many people in America who get excited about the issue.
A silent majority is still a majority. Americans do not like illegal aliens. Poll after poll has indicated this. Poll after poll has also indicated that hispanics don't even comprise 10% of the vote. We have an unemployment rate that is said to truly exceed 15%. New York is our biggest city and it has an unemployment rate of nearly 10%. Obama just handed out 800,000 job permits and told every single Mexican they can come here and stay here provided they manage not to drop out of school or murder or mug.

That's a really dumb move. He's kidding himself if he thinks it won't ultimately cost him votes.

Old 06-18-2012, 10:32 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Apathy Eleanora1, apathy.

More fuss was made over the reporter interrupting the President vs what the President actually said.

The realization will come in a few years when college educated Dreamies are fully integrated into the white collar world.

Old 06-18-2012, 10:33 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,191,547 times
So losing votes is the only proper way of protesting? Where are all the people I see protesting for individual causes now? THEY all should come together and be marching on the WH.

Old 06-18-2012, 10:53 AM

1,635 posts, read 1,593,544 times
The original poster must have a short memory. Remember when Bush twice tried to pass "Acomprehensive Immigration Reform"? Twice it was thwarted thanks to the outrage of the American people,who flooded the senate's phonelines. Then in 2010,in a lame duck the Democrats again tried to push the Dream Act, The American people stopped it. Ao,to all the people here that support illegailty,this shall not stand.

Old 06-18-2012, 11:01 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,344,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
For such a long time, the anti-illegals on this forum have led us to believe that there is going to be an uprising if anything was done to legalize or accommodate some of the illegal immigrant here. Well, it's been a couple of days since Obama made that announcement and i don't really see anyone too upset about it. So what gives? I think this issue is going to fade away in a couple of days and people will forget all about it.

There were posts on this forum which lead you to believe this? If that's the case then I'm sure you can post links with examples of these posts. I'll wait.

Old 06-18-2012, 11:08 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,492,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
That's a really dumb move. He's kidding himself if he thinks it won't ultimately cost him votes.
I think the consensus amongst people who follow politics, professionally, is that the President's decision is in line with national thinking. Even the Christian-right is applauding what he did. So, I think what he did will gain him support amongst Independents, moderate Republicans and his base in the Democratic Party. Looked how Romney has squirmed over the weekend when asked about this. He's still in shock.

Old 06-18-2012, 11:52 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,747,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
There were posts on this forum which lead you to believe this? If that's the case then I'm sure you can post links with examples of these posts. I'll wait.
I've been a member since 2007, I'm not about to go through about 5 years worth of post lol. Rest assured though, there have been various posts that I've seen through the years to lead me to this conclusion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration