Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 09:57 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,654,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Illegal aliens can't join our military. So I don't know how any of them could have fought and died for our country. It doesn't matter what their intents are good or bad. They are here illegally and should be deported not amnestied. No, you really don't get it.
Yes, I understand. The idea that these kids could have done anything positive for our country cannot be allowed to stand or be part of the dialogue. We need to deport every single one of the lying scum. If they're brown, send them down. I just wish Romney would parrot his supporters concerning this issue in a statement so everyone else would get it. I get it. Consistancy is your middle name.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2012, 07:30 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,653,530 times
Again -- the misuse of the word "kids". Sure the 16 and 17 year olds just given amnesty are kids -- certainly not the 30 year olds.

Old 06-19-2012, 07:34 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,309,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Yes, I understand. The idea that these kids could have done anything positive for our country cannot be allowed to stand or be part of the dialogue. We need to deport every single one of the lying scum. If they're brown, send them down. I just wish Romney would parrot his supporters concerning this issue in a statement so everyone else would get it. I get it. Consistancy is your middle name.
See, there you go tossing in the race card. Why does your side constantly do this? I couldn't care less whom they are in nationality, skin color, ethnicity or race and neither do most anti-illegal immigrationists.

It matters not whether the only crime they committed was to come to our country illegally either. Our immigration laws demand deportation. Just what have they done for this country that helped our own citizens? No, quite the opposite is true.

Old 06-19-2012, 07:44 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,653,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
See, there you go tossing in the race card. Why does your side constantly do this? I couldn't care less whom they are in nationality, skin color, ethnicity or race and neither do most anti-illegal immigrationists.

It matters not whether the only crime they committed was to come to our country illegally either. Our immigration laws demand deportation. Just what have they done for this country that helped our own citizens? No, quite the opposite is true.
The race card is one thing --- "hispanic" isn't a race, nor is "illegal" a race but it's almost hilarious when they're pulling the "poor liittle children" card when those ages 20-30 are being included in on this. That's some pretty long-in-the-tooth children.

Old 06-19-2012, 08:22 AM

50,212 posts, read 46,967,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
They do not need to provide proof of citizenship to get into school. Just proof of residency to make sure they reside in the school district.
Remember..the Supreme Court ruled that every child is guaranteed an education regardless of citizenship status.
There are still kids living in Mexico going to school on a daily basis here.

Old 06-19-2012, 08:44 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,419,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
There are still kids living in Mexico going to school on a daily basis here.
Yes, they walk across the border every day and get on the school buses. I've read about that happening in the border towns. Why it's allowed though is beyond me.

Old 06-19-2012, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
The race card is one thing --- "hispanic" isn't a race, nor is "illegal" a race but it's almost hilarious when they're pulling the "poor liittle children" card when those ages 20-30 are being included in on this. That's some pretty long-in-the-tooth children.
The person I was responding to said something about "down with the brown" in regards to our objection to illegal immigraton. This was blantatly pulling the race card.....the mestizo race card.

Old 06-19-2012, 09:08 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,661,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Everytime Obama makes a move on immigration its always called the LATINO / HISPANIC VOTE

Old 06-19-2012, 09:48 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,419,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Everytime Obama makes a move on immigration its always called the LATINO / HISPANIC VOTE
Because over 70% of the immigrants are from Mexico. Always pander to the majority.

Old 06-19-2012, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Because over 70% of the immigrants are from Mexico. Always pander to the majority.
Except Hispanics are not the majority in this country and their voting turnout is low. No politican should promise to not honor our laws to pander to a special interest group. That isn't what this country is about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration