Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 09:50 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times

Advertisements

Good article from the Texas Insider. Nationally black teens have a 38.2% unemployment rate.

Texas Insider » Immigration Policy Change Threatens Job Seekers, say Black Conservatives

Members of the Project 21 black leadership network say the Obama Administration’s just-announced radical change in U.S. immigration policy poses a threat to unemployed citizens who are seeking jobs.

“How is it possible that the Obama Administration can see fit to essentially grant immunity and create access to jobs for illegal aliens between the ages of 16 and 30 when unemployment among legal citizens of the same age is sky-high?” asked Project 21 spokesman Kevin Martin. “As a black man living in Washington, D.C., this new policy makes no sense to me when I look around and see so many young people who are legal, want to work and yet remain jobless.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2012, 09:54 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,559,257 times
Why are you obsessed with black teen Unemployment? or better yet about "illegals"?

Old 06-18-2012, 10:05 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Why are you obsessed with black teen Unemployment? or better yet about "illegals"?
Because American unemployment is a much bigger problem for this country than you or Obama seem to realize. Americans need jobs. Americans need a new president that will put Americans before foreigners.

Old 06-19-2012, 08:42 PM

674 posts, read 698,240 times
Quote:
Why do you write illegal in quotes?

Old 06-19-2012, 09:57 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DahomeyAhosi View Post
Why do you write illegal in quotes?
I would like to hear the answer to this myself..

Old 06-20-2012, 09:34 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,313,780 times
Quote:
Shouldn't we care about the unemployment of black Americans and all other Americans? To be opposed to illegal immigraton and to be pro-enforcement of our immigration laws is to be "obsessed" especially with millions of Americans out of work, our taxes being raised supporting them and our economy in the dumpster? Really?

Old 06-20-2012, 09:50 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,492,357 times
WEDGE ISSUE nothing more.

Old 06-20-2012, 10:09 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
from what I understand its the low end jobs that are in question. If english speaking natives can't compete against illegals I would say that Darwin is having his day. I am all for taking care of american citizens. I also believe that you cant help those who wont help themselves.
Get off your dead semi literate butts and go after the jobs. Get the job and bust butt to show your better than the rest and get promoted to higher paying job. That is how Americans have always done it.
Its only the last 15 years or so that suddenly the country owes everyone a good paying job.
I would feel pretty low if I couldn't beat an illegal out on a non-skilled job.

Old 06-20-2012, 10:13 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
from what I understand its the low end jobs that are in question. If english speaking natives can't compete against illegals I would say that Darwin is having his day. I am all for taking care of american citizens. I also believe that you cant help those who wont help themselves.
Get off your dead semi literate butts and go after the jobs. Get the job and bust butt to show your better than the rest and get promoted to higher paying job. That is how Americans have always done it.
Its only the last 15 years or so that suddenly the country owes everyone a good paying job.
That, my friend, is happening to teenagers all over the US as they try to get those entry level jobs in fast food and retail.

Old 06-20-2012, 10:18 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,313,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
But, our less educated Americans can't compete with illegal aliens because the greedy employers want the illegal aliens instead because they work cheaper. What about our youth who need entry level jobs? Oh, that's right I forgot you have gone over to the other side on this and they are all lazy good for nothings. My bad!

Since you are a big advocate of legal immigration then why would you want illegal aliens competing for jobs against them? I just dont' get it.

Quote: "Get the job and bust butt to show your better than the rest and get promoted to higher paying job. That is how Americans have always done it".

Unfortunately, that isn't the way it works today. An American isn't allowed to bust their butts and start from the bottom up like it used to be because these greedy employers won't even give them the chance to do it because of their huge supply of cheap, illegal labor instead. Today, English speaking Americans are also being discriminated against if they don't speak Spanish. Last I looked English was our national language and we have been told that Hispanics have assimilated to that. Who's lying to whom now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration