U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 04:57 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
You'd be surprised what 15+ million Mexicans could do if they went home and tried to change their country as opposed to invading America and demanding everything including the kitchen sink from America and her tax payers.
I have seen some of these poor Mexican neighborhoods here in this country and the chickens are still running all over their yards, lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2012, 05:32 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
So if you lived in a shack, had chickens running around that you had to pluck and kill for dinner, were threatened by drug cartels and possibly saw people get shot in front of you, you'd stay where you were at, right?

You'd go straight to Mexico City and start a revolution!

Boy, you guys make me laugh.

Do you have proof that she was escaping such conditions? Or, is this just hyperbole? I heard an illegal the other day brazenly admit that when he entered this country as a child, they were not starving or escaping anything. Rather, his mother said they were coming here because, "the U.S. government will take care of us."

Most Mexicans are not being threatened by drug cartels. Nor do most have to "run around and pluck/kill chickens for dinner." In fact, Mexico has one of the highest obesity rates in the world, and a middle class that's growing by leaps and bounds. Furthermore, as chicagonut mentioned, many "choose" to raise chickens while living here.

Perhaps we would be more prosperous also if at least 10% of our citizens were living in another country, primarily being supported by their taxpayers, and sending billions of dollars back monthly in remittances. Lord only knows how many of Mexico's miscreants are here. Even Mexico doesn't want them, as evidenced by Calderon whining when they're returned.

Black Americans were willing to fight and die for a better life in their own country. Please explain why Mexicans can't do the same.

Old 06-28-2012, 02:39 PM

2,176 posts, read 863,527 times
Good job Joe. While I do feel bad for the little girl, how messed up must those parents be to put the child in that situation.

Old 06-28-2012, 07:24 PM

1,580 posts, read 1,422,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I have seen some of these poor Mexican neighborhoods here in this country and the chickens are still running all over their yards, lol.
Wow. Who the hell does that?

Sounds like the premise of immigration is totally lost on them. Instead of assimilating it sounds like they are still living in the 1900's.

Old 06-28-2012, 07:59 PM

4,827 posts, read 4,647,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Please explain why Mexicans can't do the same.
It's called lack of backbone.

Old 06-28-2012, 09:12 PM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 24 days ago)

9,060 posts, read 15,470,148 times
Quote:

I see you still enjoy bashing Mexicans.

Old 06-28-2012, 09:26 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
I see you still enjoy bashing Mexicans.
So stating a fact that I have seen with my own eyes is bashing? Can't stand the heat/truth then get out of the kitchen.

Old 06-29-2012, 04:29 PM

884 posts, read 584,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
So if you lived in a shack, had chickens running around that you had to pluck and kill for dinner, were threatened by drug cartels and possibly saw people get shot in front of you, you'd stay where you were at, right?

You'd go straight to Mexico City and start a revolution!

Boy, you guys make me laugh.
No, you make me laugh. If these people are smart enough to come here and work our system, why don't they work on the systems in their own countries. We have plenty of drugs, gangs, and daily shootings here in the good old US every single day of the week. Doesn't seem to keep them from coming here though now does it? Your logic is, well not logical. Maybe we should all start heading south according to your thinking. Oh wait, the laws on illegal immigration SOB are actually enforced. Go figure.

It just doesn't get any better than this does it? Wow.

Last edited by Iluvmycountry; 06-29-2012 at 04:40 PM..

Old 06-29-2012, 04:35 PM

884 posts, read 584,962 times
Quote:
So stating a fact that I have seen with my own eyes is bashing? Can't stand the heat/truth then get out of the kitchen.
You know as well as I that when one is unable to refute facts the race cards come out every time.

Old 06-30-2012, 04:02 AM

1,150 posts, read 991,058 times
Quote:
The thing is that this exaggerated scenario that this person is painting is not typical of the lives that these illegal Mexicans are experiencing back in Mexico. They'd like us to believe that so they can make a false argument to gain our sympathy. If most of these Mexicans and other Latinos were truly in dire straits as he describes in their homelands they would be asking to come here as refugees but they aren't because they know they don't meet the criteria for a refugee.
One of the TV shows, might have been Dateline or Sixty Minutes, it was several years ago, so I''m not sure, questioned a bunch of illegal aliens from Mexico, and the majority of them had quit jobs to come to this country, because they can make more money here. Doesn't anyone ever stop to wonder how poor, starving peons can afford $3,000 to $5,000 for a coyote to smuggle them across the border?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or