Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 12:50 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,964,709 times

Advertisements

How about helping, instead of shifty opportunists, service men and women who need assistance?
Read the story of this poor guy, how he returned, hit bottom, and is working his way up.

In Need, in New York - NYTimes.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2012, 07:37 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
You gotta be careful with these type of polls. If they asked "Do you agree with Obama........." about 50% would say yes just to agree with Obama and not know anything about the issue.
Yes and a poll taken immediately after the announcement when the MSM was bleating about how great this was and how Obama pulled a fast one on Romney.

I wonder how June job numbers are going to look -- and if people will still be saying that they think it's wonderful that Obama has given many more American jobs away to foreigners.

Old 06-23-2012, 01:26 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigrs99 View Post
How is it alarming avg Asian immigrant has much higher education Several of them have Phds and some even start a business Even in US schools majority of people getting Phd and masters in science and engineering are foreign students.

I think that this proves my point.

Old 06-23-2012, 01:59 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,845,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
I think that this proves my point.
Besides one-fourth of doctors in the United States, and one-third of nurses, being foreign-born...

Not that "foreigners" getting more jobs here (as someone says above) is the same phraseology as illegal aliens getting jobs here...

Old 06-23-2012, 02:02 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,070,521 times
I'd like to see a poll taken only of unemployed white/black/hispanics under 30 years old U.S. citizens and the following question asked. 'Do you find it acceptable that you now have to compete for a job with 800,000 illegal aliens'.

Old 06-23-2012, 02:05 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,965,668 times
Well, not according to this article, an example of information available. Upper level positions are filled with only a minority of Asian and Hispanics because they are in the minority for obtaining these degrees. There is now a push to give incentives to Blacks, Asians and Hispanics to get them into PhD and Masters programs.

Report: Why There May Be A Lack Of Minorities In Top-Level Economic Jobs

Unless you can show me something different, I disagree with your statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigrs99 View Post
How is it alarming avg Asian immigrant has much higher education Several of them have Phds and some even start a business Even in US schools majority of people getting Phd and masters in science and engineering are foreign students.

Old 06-23-2012, 02:21 PM

9,229 posts, read 8,543,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Overwhelming support for the President's decision!
It's hard not to support President Obama in light of all the GOP vendettas against the common American. They ARE the 1%.

Old 06-23-2012, 04:25 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,313,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
It's hard not to support President Obama in light of all the GOP vendettas against the common American. They ARE the 1%.
So does this mean you support Obama's amnesty plan to put over a million illegal aliens into our workforce to compete for jobs? Really? If that isn't a vendetta against the common American then I don't know what is.

Old 06-23-2012, 04:51 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,654,132 times
Whether they're in our workforce or not, they CAME HERE ILLEGALLY and that is the issue.

We should improve the LEGAL immigration process which is a mess and get rid of the ILLEGAL process which is 100% wrong and lets anyone into the country. Anyone. Criminal, terrorist, disease carrier, ANYONE. No one even knows who or where they are.

Old 06-24-2012, 03:37 AM

1,150 posts, read 1,178,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Who on earth did they poll? I don't know anyone that agrees with his decision to take jobs away from citizens and legal immigrants. What a twisted poll. I guess you can buy polls just as easily as elections in America today.
What they do is count those who are undecided as 'in favor of,' since they didn't clearly oppose it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration