Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 03:38 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,748,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Sixty-four percent of likely voters surveyed after Obama’s June 15 announcement said they agreed with the policy, while 30 percent said they disagreed. Independents backed the decision by better than a two-to-one margin.
Obama Immigration Policy Favored 2-to-1 By Likely Voters - Bloomberg

Overwhelming support for the President's decision!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2012, 03:46 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times
Who on earth did they poll? I don't know anyone that agrees with his decision to take jobs away from citizens and legal immigrants. What a twisted poll. I guess you can buy polls just as easily as elections in America today.

Old 06-19-2012, 04:15 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Who on earth did they poll? I don't know anyone that agrees with his decision to take jobs away from citizens and legal immigrants. What a twisted poll. I guess you can buy polls just as easily as elections in America today.
I don't know, but it seems 2/3 of them had functioning brains.

Old 06-19-2012, 04:45 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,972,661 times
People just don't think.
We have high unemployment in this country, but people still insist on a living wage.

The largest percentage of immigrants is now Asians, 'because we need more technically savvy workers', according to NPR this morning.

What they have methodically done, in the US, is to break the back of the American workers, putting our own people out of work in favor of cheaper foriegn workers.

Our own kids now have a million extra illegals to compete with for jobs as well as all of those Asians.

Nothing against either of these people, but we just cannot spare the jobs.

The issue here is not us, feeling compassion, it is us, out of work.

Old 06-19-2012, 05:28 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post

Exactly.

Old 06-19-2012, 05:45 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,748,612 times
Quote:
People just don't think.
We have high unemployment in this country, but people still insist on a living wage.

The largest percentage of immigrants is now Asians, 'because we need more technically savvy workers', according to NPR this morning.

What they have methodically done, in the US, is to break the back of the American workers, putting our own people out of work in favor of cheaper foriegn workers.

Our own kids now have a million extra illegals to compete with for jobs as well as all of those Asians.

Anti-illegals still opposed legalization when unemployment was 4 percent when Bush took office. You will come up with another argument even if unemployment was 0 percent.

Old 06-19-2012, 06:31 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Quote:
People just don't think.

Not true. The largest percentages of immigrants here both legally and illegally are Latinos. It is killing the job opportunities for blue collared Americans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Anti-illegals still opposed legalization when unemployment was 4 percent when Bush took office. You will come up with another argument even if unemployment was 0 percent.
You're correct. Never again should we reward illegal aliens with amnesty even when our unemployment numbers are low. It is just that it is even worse when our unemployent numbers are high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I don't know, but it seems 2/3 of them had functioning brains.
If adding 800,000 + 300,000 illegal aliens to our workforce with so many Americans out of work constitutes a functioning brain then I would like to know what an unfunctioning brain is.

Quote:
Obama Immigration Policy Favored 2-to-1 By Likely Voters - Bloomberg

Overwhelming support for the President's decision!
We'll see about this in November. Any poll can be scewered to obtain the desired results.

Last edited by Yac; 06-20-2012 at 03:02 AM.. Reason: 4 posts in a row merged

Old 06-19-2012, 08:06 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,972,661 times
Quote:
Don't insult me by putting words in my mouth.
You see me posting on this illegal form very seldom.
I voted for Obama.
I will not vote for him this time around.
He has been totally self serving.
Neither candidate puts the average American, the great middle class, before their own greed for power.

But you do have a point. If unemployment were low I probably would have a problem if these people choose not to integrate into society, do not learn English, and do not value our culture.

The bulk of these people seem, to me, to be scheming opportunists.
Even those in their homeland indicate that this might be the case:
Mexicans have a long history of greeting returnees with skepticism — for abandoning Mexico, or because they resent the United States, or view those who moved there as materialistic, culturally out of touch and arrogant. The prejudice often extends to their children.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/19/wo...ail1=y&emc=tnt

Last edited by goldengrain; 06-19-2012 at 08:30 AM..

Old 06-19-2012, 01:53 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
You're absolutely right. I would oppose amnesty even if we had zero unemployment. I welcome those who play by the rules and enter this country through legal channels. On the other hand, rewarding lawlessness only serves to encourage even more illegal immigration. Remember, we granted a mass amnesty in 1986 with the promise that it would be the FINAL amnesty, because our borders would be secured, our laws would be enforced, and illegal employers would be severely punished. All lies! We are now suffering the consequences of that decision. Why on earth would we choose to repeat such a fiasco?

Old 06-19-2012, 01:55 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
You're absolutely right. I would oppose amnesty even if we had zero unemployment. I welcome those who play by the rules and enter this country through legal channels. On the other hand, rewarding lawlessness only serves to encourage even more illegal immigration. Remember, we granted a mass amnesty in 1986 with the promise that it would be the FINAL amnesty, because our borders would be secured, our laws would be enforced, and illegal employers would be severely punished. All lies! We are now suffering the consequences of that decision. Why on earth would we choose to repeat such a fiasco?
Very true. Reagan passed the amnesty with the understanding that increased funding for border security would follow. Ted Kennedy and the rest of the dems reniged on the deal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration