U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-20-2012, 06:21 PM
 
Location: California
2,477 posts, read 1,736,690 times
Reputation: 299

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Then explain it better that only U.S. citizens can sponsor parents for immigration, and that there isn't that ability to even naturalize themselves with this measure...
It's not about the explanation, its simply the fact that this was not done by Executive Order. It was through DHS Policy, an extension of the Morton memo.

http://fairimmigration.files.wordpre...ull-report.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-20-2012, 06:33 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,288,785 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Then why would it matter to you if the spouse of some other U.S. citizen came illegally?...



That would require naturalization as a U.S. citizen to sponsor parents (besides being the age of majority, with the parents complying with any exclusions from the U.S. before being able to immigrate), something the Executive Order did not provide...



Based on recent news, the region with the highest amount of immigrants to the United States are Asians. I think that the primary characteristic shared by most immigrants is that they are (or will be) related to U.S. citizens. Family-based immigration does not consider diversity other than excluding particular nationalities from participating in the Diversity Visa program if there are high amounts of immigrants from those countries already.

To make any assumption that I or my family have a preference towards a single ethnicity maligns us. If every immigrant could adjust as well as my family has in under five years it would be absolutely fabulous. At heart, you are alluding that someone that doesn't appear as your vision of an American is unable to be one.



Jim's stance hasn't changed, despite what you may think. You are attributing that his wife's ethnicity is influencing his behavior, the same as what you have said about me. It tires me to think why your comments are always driven by ethnicity, resorting to unwelcome PMs when you feel you have no other outlet to make your point.
I don't care if someone is a spouse or not. What has that to do with an overall objection to illegal immigraton? That is why I care!!

These Dreamie's parents are already here. Only the clueless would think that allowing these Dreamie's parents to remain here won't be the next step in this amnesty fiasco. You know, the whining and wailing about the "seperation of families" thingy?

As for Asian immigration into our country compared to Hispanics to my knowledge the Pew Hispanic Center that put out these stats was only referring to the year 2010. From Pew:

"430,000 Asians moved to the US in 2010, about 36% of all immigrants, legal and illegal, compared with 370,000 Hispanics for the same year".

Get back with me when the "total" Asian immigration both legal and illegal rises to the numbers of Hispanics.

Don't put words in my mouth. I didn't say that you or your wife held a preference for certain immigrants. I just said perhaps the unnatural changes in this country via "immigration" didn't bother you so much because of a shared ethnicticy. It was a question, not a statement.

My vision of America is retaining our national identity, culture and language and not to lose it via illegal immigration or non-diversified legal immigration. It has nothing to do with your wife personally so please stop with this nonsense.

No, in tinman's case he hasn't been an advocate for illegal immigration because he married an immigrant. His posts over the years have proved that out. I attribute his somewhat of change in attitude toward us anti's to a couple of remarks that he took personally. He has also softened his position on amnesty for these Dreamies. I also think it is because of one or two remarks of other anti's in here and he is retaliating. I don't understand a change of heart based on that either. If memory serves me correctly, tinman got mad at you not long ago because he felt you had insulted his wife. Now you are buddy, buddies?

So opposing illegal immigration and wanting legal immigration to be diversified is being driven by ethnic objections overall? Please!

As for any PM's I have sent you it hasn't been more than a very few and I haven't contacted you in months! You demanded that I not do so, so I stopped sans one PM after that. So why are you still whining about those? Some things aren't allowed to be discussed in this forum and that was the reason for the PM's. I noticed that when clicking on your profile you posted a remark that only those who do are trolls or something nasty like that. Anyway, you got this whole thing off topic now and I am not going to continue to reply to your off topic remarks.

Last edited by chicagonut; 06-20-2012 at 06:51 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-20-2012, 06:45 PM
NCN
 
Location: NC/SC Border Patrol
21,136 posts, read 21,398,889 times
Reputation: 23195
I just got one of those letters from a politician called a survey where it asks for money at the end of the survey. Well, I put my ideas where they wanted the money. I told them as loudly as I could that I am tired of voting for the lesser of the two evils and unless someone assured me that this country would be cleared of all people who are here without papers that I would be doing a write-in vote for this presidential election. I call that taking a stand. If enough of us did a write-in, the election would be sent to congress and by that time they may have gotten the message. All we silent majority can do is try, but we can try.

As for those who came here as children with their parents, we have paid enough for your upbringing. Go back to where you came from and send our government weekly payments when you are doing the job sent to your country that used to be done by Americans. Enough is enough and I have had enough. We don't have to get violent. We just vote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-20-2012, 07:10 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,288,785 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I just got one of those letters from a politician called a survey where it asks for money at the end of the survey. Well, I put my ideas where they wanted the money. I told them as loudly as I could that I am tired of voting for the lesser of the two evils and unless someone assured me that this country would be cleared of all people who are here without papers that I would be doing a write-in vote for this presidential election. I call that taking a stand. If enough of us did a write-in, the election would be sent to congress and by that time they may have gotten the message. All we silent majority can do is try, but we can try.

As for those who came here as children with their parents, we have paid enough for your upbringing. Go back to where you came from and send our government weekly payments when you are doing the job sent to your country that used to be done by Americans. Enough is enough and I have had enough. We don't have to get violent. We just vote.
I did that in the last election. I had no use for McCain or Obama so I wrote in my choice. Unfortunately most Americans will vote for the lesser of two evils though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2012, 04:32 PM
 
1,150 posts, read 1,002,270 times
Reputation: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
More to the point the anti's have finally come out of the closet and openly admitted that it is all immigration that they are against. Oh wait just until we get our house in order.
We need to take care of our own first. Who is our own? Only those who dont have relatives in other countries?
only those who have family members who either wont find work or refuse to work for less than they are accustomed?
Now its 2 inds of immigration. Legal and Illegal.
Citizens and legal immigrants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2012, 04:59 PM
 
Location: OCEAN BREEZES AND VIEWS SAN CLEMENTE
19,899 posts, read 15,526,231 times
Reputation: 6452
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I don't care if someone is a spouse or not. What has that to do with an overall objection to illegal immigraton? That is why I care!!

These Dreamie's parents are already here. Only the clueless would think that allowing these Dreamie's parents to remain here won't be the next step in this amnesty fiasco. You know, the whining and wailing about the "seperation of families" thingy?

As for Asian immigration into our country compared to Hispanics to my knowledge the Pew Hispanic Center that put out these stats was only referring to the year 2010. From Pew:

"430,000 Asians moved to the US in 2010, about 36% of all immigrants, legal and illegal, compared with 370,000 Hispanics for the same year".

Get back with me when the "total" Asian immigration both legal and illegal rises to the numbers of Hispanics.

Don't put words in my mouth. I didn't say that you or your wife held a preference for certain immigrants. I just said perhaps the unnatural changes in this country via "immigration" didn't bother you so much because of a shared ethnicticy. It was a question, not a statement.

My vision of America is retaining our national identity, culture and language and not to lose it via illegal immigration or non-diversified legal immigration. It has nothing to do with your wife personally so please stop with this nonsense.

No, in tinman's case he hasn't been an advocate for illegal immigration because he married an immigrant. His posts over the years have proved that out. I attribute his somewhat of change in attitude toward us anti's to a couple of remarks that he took personally. He has also softened his position on amnesty for these Dreamies. I also think it is because of one or two remarks of other anti's in here and he is retaliating. I don't understand a change of heart based on that either. If memory serves me correctly, tinman got mad at you not long ago because he felt you had insulted his wife. Now you are buddy, buddies?

So opposing illegal immigration and wanting legal immigration to be diversified is being driven by ethnic objections overall? Please!

As for any PM's I have sent you it hasn't been more than a very few and I haven't contacted you in months! You demanded that I not do so, so I stopped sans one PM after that. So why are you still whining about those? Some things aren't allowed to be discussed in this forum and that was the reason for the PM's. I noticed that when clicking on your profile you posted a remark that only those who do are trolls or something nasty like that. Anyway, you got this whole thing off topic now and I am not going to continue to reply to your off topic remarks.


Most of us our getting what your stating with clarity. Most Americans do feel as you do, when speaking on this subject, lets make clear, the problems most have our with any illegal immigrant.

Not to confuse with legal immigrants.

And i don't care sorry who is married to who, has nothing to do with the subject of illegal immigrants.

I know many people who are married to someone of a different culture, but they have one thing in common, American at heart, and none of them want a part of illegal immigration

The subject is illegals versus legal, and don't change the subject..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2012, 05:50 PM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,067,997 times
Reputation: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Most of us our getting what your stating with clarity. Most Americans do feel as you do, when speaking on this subject, lets make clear, the problems most have our with any illegal immigrant.

Not to confuse with legal immigrants.

And i don't care sorry who is married to who, has nothing to do with the subject of illegal immigrants.

I know many people who are married to someone of a different culture, but they have one thing in common, American at heart, and none of them want a part of illegal immigration

The subject is illegals versus legal, and don't change the subject..
There is an estimated two million people that are in a U.S. citizen-to-illegal alien relationship...

Probably more than that in a mixed-immigration (Legal Permanent Resident-to-illegal alien) relationship...

Do you define those marriages (and possible families) as "illegal" or "legal"?...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2012, 06:49 PM
 
Location: California
2,477 posts, read 1,736,690 times
Reputation: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
There is an estimated two million people that are in a U.S. citizen-to-illegal alien relationship...

Probably more than that in a mixed-immigration (Legal Permanent Resident-to-illegal alien) relationship...

Do you define those marriages (and possible families) as "illegal" or "legal"?...
You would define the person, not the marriage. If they chose knowing that one or the other was here illegally, or if they simply failed to change status (I-539), then they must live with the consequences of their actions. They could have gone about doing things correctly as its easier to enter on a I-129F form. However, I think these marriages should receive the discretion as promoted by Obama more so than DREAM'ers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2012, 09:40 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,288,785 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
There is an estimated two million people that are in a U.S. citizen-to-illegal alien relationship...

Probably more than that in a mixed-immigration (Legal Permanent Resident-to-illegal alien) relationship...

Do you define those marriages (and possible families) as "illegal" or "legal"?...
Does the law recognize them as legal marriages? There lays you answer.

As for individuals in a mixed relationship that has nothing to do with what their status is in this country. You either have authorization to be here or you don't aka legal or illegal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2012, 09:49 PM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,067,997 times
Reputation: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
You would define the person, not the marriage. If they chose knowing that one or the other was here illegally, or if they simply failed to change status (I-539), then they must live with the consequences of their actions. They could have gone about doing things correctly as its easier to enter on a I-129F form. However, I think these marriages should receive the discretion as promoted by Obama more so than DREAM'ers.
Errmm, what?...

Not really sure how an illegal alien is on a non-immigrant visa and able to switch over to another non-immigrant category. Sure, an I-129F would have been a path (if the sponsor is a U.S. citizen, not an LPR) from the beginning, but I am referring to relationships, typically marriages, that have started and exist right now within the United States. Mixed-status (LPR-to-illegal alien) couples are common enough, and have no relief (otherwise) until the LPR naturalizes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top