Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 09:10 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,140,967 times

Advertisements

Everybody keeps forgetting that the parents of these young children broke one or more of our laws. Some parents were criminals in their own countries. Some parents were drug smugglers and gang members. Many of these parents lied, forged or manipulated documentation illegally to live and work in this country. That is the example they set for their children. I am aware that not all children follow in their parent's footsteps. However; I would tend to believe that these children will not have as much respect for our laws as the children of legal immigrants and legal citizens.

The last time we granted amnesty it was a mistake. Many more came into our country because we tried to do the right thing. I do not think that anything has changed.

I also do not like the way our President paints an innocent face on all these Dream Amnesty children. Not all of them are innocent. You have to look at each individual case and not stereotype the whole group.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2012, 09:19 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Everybody keeps forgetting that the parents of these young children broke one or more of our laws. Some parents were criminals in their own countries. Some parents were drug smugglers and gang members. Many of these parents lied, forged or manipulated documentation illegally to live and work in this country. That is the example they set for their children. I am aware that not all children follow in their parent's footsteps. However; I would tend to believe that these children will not have as much respect for our laws as the children of legal immigrants and legal citizens.

The last time we granted amnesty it was a mistake. Many more came into our country because we tried to do the right thing. I do not think that anything has changed.

I also do not like the way our President paints an innocent face on all these Dream Amnesty children. Not all of them are innocent. You have to look at each individual case and not stereotype the whole group.
Well the problem is really simple. Our elected reps have failed to secure the borders or evolve our immigration policies into something that fits the needs of this nation. No one has made a serious attempt to change anything since the Amnesty.....
Obama and I dont agree with his move is making such an attempt.
The children.
Do we deny the children of bank robbers a credit rating because their dad robbed a bank? What if it was grand pa?
I have a step daughter i would love to bring here. its a 5 year wait. So yeah I am angry at illegals and thier dreamies. But I can't blame the dreamies for the sins of the parents.
We produce a bumper crop of lazy, barely literate citizens. many of whom go on to commit violent crimes.
How many of these dreamies do this? I don't know. The ones who step up and show they are a plus for this nation should be rewarded.

Old 06-20-2012, 09:25 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
You are in denial.

The majority of people out there are seeing that these young folks brought here illegally by their parents cannot go back to a country they have never known. It makes more sense to give them a future here., where they were raised.

You will soon come to the realization (hopefully) that the majority of the US aren't as angry as you.
Why can't they return home? Their parents came to a country they didn't know, and they have managed to work, drive, and enjoy life. Unlike most of their parents, they have the advantage of an education.

I wonder how most will feel when they realize this directive "pardons" not only high school grads and college students, but also those enrolled in K-12 and their parents. After all, they can't be allowed to remain here without their parents. That would separate families.

Also, those working using a stolen SSN will be absolved of the crime of SSN ID theft. I doubt that will be embraced by the majority. Once the dust settles, and it becomes apparent that this is nothing more than an attempt at backdoor amnesty for ALL illegals, the opinions will shift.

Few would blame people who were brought to this country as children by their parents. However, most citizens do not support illegal immigration, and do not want ADULTS who chose to enter this country illegally or deliberately overstay visas to be rewarded. Therein lies the difference.

Quote:
They are kids brought here by their parents malamute. You've lost this battle, most Americans don't agree with you.
Correction: Dreamies are ADULTS brought to this country as children. Many are also working using a fake or stolen SSN, fraudulently obtaining driver's licenses in Washington and New Mexico, and relying on the same criminal activities to remain in this country as the parents who brought them here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
The ONLY good thing I can see in this is that now the illegals won and they can shut up. They can stop making demands.
Not so fast, malamute. They're already planning protests to demand inclusion of Dreamies over 30. How's that for gratitude? Typical Dreamies. . . the more they get, the more they demand. Those ingrates are never satisfied.

Quote:
Now that we'll be able to live in peace, travel, and work, I think we should do a MASSIVE protest (march) on a certain date early next year.
Dreamers 31 and over - DREAM Act Portal Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Rasmussen is very conservative on immigration issues and other issues. Just check the results of most of their polls...they tend to have conservative outcomes. So your arguments that they would put out a poll on purpose to support the president is mute.
Given the wording of the poll, even I would have been included among the 71%. Now, had the poll asked if the parents of those brought here as children should also be amnestied, the responses would be quite different. Again, it has only been a few days. Wait until most realize the true ramifications of Obama's directive. But, this will most likely never be implemented. So, it's a moot point.

Old 06-20-2012, 09:31 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,499,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Why can't they return home? .
That's a subjective question which will only receive an opinion. An opinion of which most don't agree with you on.

Last edited by Mach50; 06-20-2012 at 09:48 AM..

Old 06-20-2012, 10:08 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
That's a subjective question which will only receive an opinion. An opinion of which most don't agree with you on.
Are you suggesting their uneducated parents were able to leave the only home they knew for greener pastures in a country they did not know, but somehow their U.S-educated children lack that same ability? Do tell.

Frankly, I wouldn't object to some who were brought to this country at a very early age (certainly not at 15) to remain. However, only if they could never sponsor their parents, and the parents were required to return to their countries of origin.

I oppose the Dream Act because it not only rewards those brought to this country as children, it also rewards their parents. It is also a magnet for more parents to bring their children into this country illegally. Not to mention, a slap in the face to the millions who are waiting for the opportunity to enter through legal channels, and the millions of immigrants who jumped through hoops to comply with our laws. It sends a message to the world that illegal aliens receive preferential treatment. Why on earth would anyone choose to obey our laws, when they see the red carpet treatment illegals receive? It's a travesty.

Old 06-20-2012, 10:16 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Give it up. They are here and they are not going home and we're not making them.
Their children can now get jobs just like any other American and may even benefit from AA/minority hiring quotas.

Old 06-20-2012, 10:19 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Are you suggesting their uneducated parents were able to leave the only home they knew for greener pastures in a country they did not know, but somehow their U.S-educated children lack that same ability? Do tell.

Frankly, I wouldn't object to some who were brought to this country at a very early age (certainly not at 15) to remain. However, only if they could never sponsor their parents, and the parents were required to return to their countries of origin.

I oppose the Dream Act because it not only rewards those brought to this country as children, it also rewards their parents. It is also a magnet for more parents to bring their children into this country illegally. Not to mention, a slap in the face to the millions who are waiting for the opportunity to enter through legal channels, and the millions of immigrants who jumped through hoops to comply with our laws. It sends a message to the world that illegal aliens receive preferential treatment. Why on earth would anyone choose to obey our laws, when they see the red carpet treatment illegals receive? It's a travesty.
A fair argument to be sure.
The problem is lack of political will as well as popular demand. We can't continue doing what we have for 30 years, it is what is creating the problem. No one is willing to say okay deport them all and then have the news show mom dad and 5 little kids being led to tin shacks across the border. If we had that kind of resolve we would sent rice to haiti and told them fix their corrupt gov if they ever want another dime. Instead we send a carrier task force to baby sit them. my point is we will not do what many feel would be the a quick but painful solution. That would be a second operation *******. Not going to happen. So what do we do?
Been here since 3 years old now 18?
Came here at age 9 now 18?
The military Tinman would say play the song raw hide and we round them up and move them out. But we cant do that so that means we need another approach. maybe just maybe its time for compromise. We have seen what 11 years of no compromise can do.

Old 06-20-2012, 10:23 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,678,521 times
I work in one of the most liberal states in the country and have not heard anything positive about it.

Where were these people polled? Mexico City?

Old 06-20-2012, 10:23 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Give it up. They are here and they are not going home and we're not making them.
Their children can now get jobs just like any other American and may even benefit from AA/minority hiring quotas.
I will never give up demanding that our sovereign borders be respected, our immigration laws enforced and putting my fellow Americans first. Don't join the ranks of those who don't.

Old 06-20-2012, 10:27 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
A fair argument to be sure.
The problem is lack of political will as well as popular demand. We can't continue doing what we have for 30 years, it is what is creating the problem. No one is willing to say okay deport them all and then have the news show mom dad and 5 little kids being led to tin shacks across the border. If we had that kind of resolve we would sent rice to haiti and told them fix their corrupt gov if they ever want another dime. Instead we send a carrier task force to baby sit them. my point is we will not do what many feel would be the a quick but painful solution. That would be a second operation *******. Not going to happen. So what do we do?
Been here since 3 years old now 18?
Came here at age 9 now 18?
The military Tinman would say play the song raw hide and we round them up and move them out. But we cant do that so that means we need another approach. maybe just maybe its time for compromise. We have seen what 11 years of no compromise can do.
No compromise! It is a big mistake! Didn't you learn anything from the 1986 amensty? What we need is a congress that mandates e-verify, passes laws to deny welfare for kids only born from citizen parents and changing birthright citizenship. These are the incentives that draws them here. Implementing laws like sb1070 will also be a deterrant to coming here illegally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration