U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-20-2012, 11:35 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 6,300,297 times
Reputation: 2121

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
That's a subjective question which will only receive an opinion. An opinion of which most don't agree with you on.
The question was "why can't they return to their homelands"? You didn't answer. How can you say that is the opinion of most Americans and that they don't agree with us when it wasn't an opinion asked but just a point blank question?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-20-2012, 11:36 AM
 
Location: Pa
20,215 posts, read 11,364,037 times
Reputation: 6394
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
No compromise! It is a big mistake! Didn't you learn anything from the 1986 amensty? What we need is a congress that mandates e-verify, passes laws to deny welfare for kids only born from citizen parents and changing birthright citizenship. These are the incentives that draws them here. Implementing laws like sb1070 will also be a deterrant to coming here illegally.
No what I learned from the 1986 amnesty is never take a kennedy at his word. I learned that politicians can't be trusted.
we have had at least 12 disasterous years of no compromise. How has that worked out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-20-2012, 11:38 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 6,300,297 times
Reputation: 2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
the double standard is as follows:

Evidence you provide is truth and in good nature.
Evidence we provide is false and doctored.
There was no real evidence of the pulse of what most Americans think in that poll because of the way it was worded. What part of that aren't you getting?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-20-2012, 11:41 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,181 posts, read 10,192,575 times
Reputation: 2983
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Give it up. They are here and they are not going home and we're not making them.
Their children can now get jobs just like any other American and may even benefit from AA/minority hiring quotas.
Will you feel the same when another 30 million choose to enter this country illegally? Our borders are wide open, so there is nothing to stop them. Why don't we just throw in the towel, eliminate our laws, sovereignty, and Constitution, and make this the home for the entire world. That should make everyone feel real warm and fuzzy. Of course, our country will implode, but we can all sleep better knowing we were nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-20-2012, 11:46 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 6,300,297 times
Reputation: 2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Well the problem is really simple. Our elected reps have failed to secure the borders or evolve our immigration policies into something that fits the needs of this nation. No one has made a serious attempt to change anything since the Amnesty.....
Obama and I dont agree with his move is making such an attempt.
The children.
Do we deny the children of bank robbers a credit rating because their dad robbed a bank? What if it was grand pa?
I have a step daughter i would love to bring here. its a 5 year wait. So yeah I am angry at illegals and thier dreamies. But I can't blame the dreamies for the sins of the parents.
We produce a bumper crop of lazy, barely literate citizens. many of whom go on to commit violent crimes.
How many of these dreamies do this? I don't know. The ones who step up and show they are a plus for this nation should be rewarded.
Here is where we disagree and your analogy doesn't fit. We wouldn't be punishing these so-called kids by not granting them amnesty we are punishing their parents. I wouldn't call being sent back to your homeland punishment either. No one is blaming the Dreamies for the sins for their parents but they shouldn't be rewarded for it either.

What do the crimes committed by some citizens or the lazy have to do with this? Citizens have a right to be here no matter if they are undesirables or not. Illegal aliens, do not. Do you actually think that these illegal aliens are only competing against those types of citizens for jobs? There are many honest hard working American that have been affected by this also. What about legal immigrants? Do you not think they aren't competing against them also?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
No what I learned from the 1986 amnesty is never take a kennedy at his word. I learned that politicians can't be trusted.
we have had at least 12 disasterous years of no compromise. How has that worked out?
And you think that other poltiicians don't have the same lying mindset? Why would you trust them again? There shouldn't be a compromise. It works better than allowing millions of illegal aliens to become legalized while permanently increasing our population growth and permanently makes added demands on our scarce jobs and resources.

Last edited by Yac; 06-21-2012 at 04:23 AM.. Reason: 2 posts merged
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-20-2012, 11:52 AM
 
Location: Pa
20,215 posts, read 11,364,037 times
Reputation: 6394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Will you feel the same when another 30 million choose to enter this country illegally? Our borders are wide open, so there is nothing to stop them. Why don't we just throw in the towel, eliminate our laws, sovereignty, and Constitution, and make this the home for the entire world. That should make everyone feel real warm and fuzzy. Of course, our country will implode, but we can all sleep better knowing we were nice.
You are correct. We dont quit and we dont ignore our laws. That said we have a problem. We have people brought here illegally and allowed to grow up here because our fed has failed the nation. They allowed the porus border. They allowed the mass migrations. They continue to allow it.
What we need to do is what Reagan intended. accept our failures and go after the sourse. Secure the border. Hammer employers that make use of illegal labor. Find a way to deal with the kids caught in the middle. Compromise in my opinion is the hall mark of intellegence. Benicar we have known each other what 5 years now? We have compromised a good many times wouldn't you agree?
Deb these kids are as much the victim as we the people. Victim due to bad decisions by their parents and our own Fed.
This nation is great enough to show some compassion for them and compromise.
I love you Deb your a great woman and an even greater person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-20-2012, 11:53 AM
 
Location: Pa
20,215 posts, read 11,364,037 times
Reputation: 6394
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
And you think that other poltiicians don't have the same lying mindset? Why would you trust them again? There shouldn't be a compromise. It works better than allowing millions of illegal aliens to become legalized while permanently increasing our population growth and permanently makes added demands on our scarce jobs and resources.
The point chicago is the politicians are using the lack of compromise to allow the mass unchecked migration. Its the game they play.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-20-2012, 12:08 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,181 posts, read 10,192,575 times
Reputation: 2983
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
A fair argument to be sure.
The problem is lack of political will as well as popular demand. We can't continue doing what we have for 30 years, it is what is creating the problem. No one is willing to say okay deport them all and then have the news show mom dad and 5 little kids being led to tin shacks across the border. If we had that kind of resolve we would sent rice to haiti and told them fix their corrupt gov if they ever want another dime. Instead we send a carrier task force to baby sit them. my point is we will not do what many feel would be the a quick but painful solution. That would be a second operation *******. Not going to happen. So what do we do?
Been here since 3 years old now 18?
Came here at age 9 now 18?
The military Tinman would say play the song raw hide and we round them up and move them out. But we cant do that so that means we need another approach. maybe just maybe its time for compromise. We have seen what 11 years of no compromise can do.
Our corrupt government facilitated this mess. Had our laws been enforced as promised, we not have untold millions living here illegally. It will not end until the demise of this country, because illegal immigration has now become a "civil rights" issue, and opponents are labeled racists. Unfortunately, even if we amnesty every illegal, another group will be here to replace them, and the cycle will continue. As long as we allow ourselves to be put on a guilt trip if we refuse to accept illegal incursions, we will continue to receive the same. No one wants to do what's right for citizens. No, we must sacrifice our own for the good of anyone who chooses to enter this country illegally.

Speaking of Haiti. I would be willing to bet the farm that most of the people who are welcoming illegals with open arms, wouldn't give a damn about them or "the children" if the majority were from Haiti. In fact, if the majority of illegals were Haitian, we would not have an illegal immigration problem, because it would not have been tolerated for one minute.

I think we need to just put a fork in the USA. I am so sorry my son is only 20.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-20-2012, 12:14 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,181 posts, read 10,192,575 times
Reputation: 2983
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
You are correct. We dont quit and we dont ignore our laws. That said we have a problem. We have people brought here illegally and allowed to grow up here because our fed has failed the nation. They allowed the porus border. They allowed the mass migrations. They continue to allow it.
What we need to do is what Reagan intended. accept our failures and go after the sourse. Secure the border. Hammer employers that make use of illegal labor. Find a way to deal with the kids caught in the middle. Compromise in my opinion is the hall mark of intellegence. Benicar we have known each other what 5 years now? We have compromised a good many times wouldn't you agree?
Deb these kids are as much the victim as we the people. Victim due to bad decisions by their parents and our own Fed.
This nation is great enough to show some compassion for them and compromise.
I love you Deb your a great woman and an even greater person.
Thanks Jim! The feeling is mutual. I realize those brought to this country as children did not have a choice. I am also willing to compromise for them alone. But, not their parents. We simply can't continue along this massive illegal immigration path. No country could. As long as the government refuses to secure our borders, we will have no solution to his problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-20-2012, 12:18 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 6,300,297 times
Reputation: 2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
The point chicago is the politicians are using the lack of compromise to allow the mass unchecked migration. Its the game they play.
I don't disagree with you here. However, how does compromising solve the problem? It won't end illegal immigration is will just encourage more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:14 AM.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top