U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 01:31 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,878,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I don't disagree with you here. However, how does compromising solve the problem? It won't end illegal immigration is will just encourage more.
Compromise leads to concensus. It means a solution all can live with, if not completely agree with.
Chicago if I was president and order all americans to drive 2 door 4 passenger cars would that work?
It would certainly help solve our thirst for crude. No comprimise. do it or else. Of course that wont work.
Same with this problem. I detest illegal immigration as much as anyone. But we will never have solutions until we can comprimise and act upon the problem. The fact is that there is no 1 magic bullet solution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2012, 02:01 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,144,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Compromise leads to concensus. It means a solution all can live with, if not completely agree with.
Chicago if I was president and order all americans to drive 2 door 4 passenger cars would that work?
It would certainly help solve our thirst for crude. No comprimise. do it or else. Of course that wont work.
Same with this problem. I detest illegal immigration as much as anyone. But we will never have solutions until we can comprimise and act upon the problem. The fact is that there is no 1 magic bullet solution.
Many Americans do not consider another failed amnesty to be the solution, myself included. I don't want to go over all the reasons why again and get repititous but I think I have made some very strong arguments as to why this solution and/or compromise will only make things worse. I'd rather remain with the status quo if our politicians lack the courage to remove all of the incentives to come here illegally and finally deal with illegal immigration in the only way that will actually be the right thing for American citizens.

Old 06-20-2012, 04:12 PM

1,164 posts, read 1,276,707 times
Quote:
Here were the questions posed from the poll:

4* If young people are brought here illegally by their parents, should they be considered as lawbreakers?

5* Suppose someone was brought to the country illegally when they were under 16. If they have no criminal record, have graduated from high school or have served in the military, should they be allowed to apply for work permits or should they be deported?

First off who is going to agree to call these "young people" lawbreakers with the questioned posed under 4* when the sentence plainly states that their parents brought them here illegally?

Second, under 5* illegal aliens cannot join our military.

Just as I suspected the way the questions are worded is the reason for the outcome.
Was that a typo? I have seen some cases reported on the Spanish station in which illegals joined the army in hopes that the government would give them papers for it. So, I think they can join the army, unless they recently changed their recruitment requirements?

Old 06-20-2012, 04:17 PM

86,093 posts, read 69,870,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canaan-84 View Post
Was that a typo? I have seen some cases reported on the Spanish station in which illegals joined the army in hopes that the government would give them papers for it. So, I think they can join the army, unless they recently changed their recruitment requirements?

They need a green card or work visa. The military does not take illegal immigrants.
But now these illegals are not illegal anymore..they will have work visas so they can join.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/15/us...pagewanted=all

Old 06-20-2012, 04:21 PM

2,477 posts, read 1,711,133 times
Quote:
Illegals can not join the military. There have been illegals that have used others documents to join the military, they have been found out pretty quickly and just as quickly discharged. Work authorization does not allow illegals to join either. SOFA agreements do not allow illegals either.

Old 06-20-2012, 06:55 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,144,640 times
Quote:
No, not a typo at all. It is the truth. I once posted a link in here to a government site that proves that out. Now, there may be some cases where the illegal alien used some forged documents or a corrupt recruiter slipped them through but by law they cannot join our military. It has always been that way to my knowledge.

Old 06-20-2012, 10:11 PM

1,164 posts, read 1,276,707 times
Quote:
No, not a typo at all. It is the truth. I once posted a link in here to a government site that proves that out. Now, there may be some cases where the illegal alien used some forged documents or a corrupt recruiter slipped them through but by law they cannot join our military. It has always been that way to my knowledge.
I see, thanks for the clarification.

Old 06-21-2012, 07:52 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,690,207 times
Quote:
You have to take a lot of what those Spanish stations say with a grain of salt. They really don't care about USA laws at all because all they do is promote the breaking of USA laws, finding ways to get around them, just like they suggest ways that illegals can claim they were abused to get U visas.

Those stations do not exist to promote USA laws. They are geared toward illegals - Piolin for example organized that first 2006 May Day protest where they had their Mexican flags waving. It's not real difficult to understand what they mean when they shout "a triumfar!!".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or