U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 08:26 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,453,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Not to worry. These kids are educated and intelligent. They won't be after any jobs filled by rightie wing nuts.
Uh; those "kids" are STILL fighting with Americans for jobs. Not all people who DON'T want amnesty for illegal aliens are "rightie wing nuts". Sheesh!

Old 06-20-2012, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
I am not a big fan of amnesty, but if you are an American competing with illegal immigrants for your job, you haven't tried hard enough. Those are usually unskilled or minimally skilled jobs.
Uh; illegal aliens are pretty much "slaves"; employers can mess them over. Americans CAN fight back. Why should ANY American have to fight with illegal aliens for work in the US? Why?

Old 06-20-2012, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Are you going to put forth any sort information to dispel that myth?
Ask an American who is "unskilled"; who WANTS to work. Not all of us are "white collar" people. I def ain't. THo I'm in a skilled trade.

Old 06-20-2012, 08:36 PM

10,218 posts, read 6,563,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
A lot of us get iti! unfortunately for the clueless, they are ingnorant to the fats, as usual. I know so many fine hard working americans who have lost their jobs and homes under this administration. And now have to put up with this freaking mess.

As usual, some will have a make up name for this amnesty!!!!!!!! Slice it, dice it, anyway you feel, it still is what it is, and this is amnesty.

So they came here as children, let them stand in line with the millions of americans who cannot find work, they are no better.
Under this administration or because of this administration? There is a difference.

Old 06-20-2012, 08:38 PM

2,548 posts, read 1,814,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Good luck in your job hunting
If an illegal immigrant who can't speak English can do your job, you have bigger problems than Obama or his policies.

Old 06-20-2012, 08:41 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,050,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Why? You think the illegals are going to take a second job? If they were working before, and they continue doing the same, then I don't see anything changing.
With a work permit they can get a better job, maybe even yours.

Old 06-20-2012, 08:43 PM

21,520 posts, read 10,573,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baxendale View Post
I just got a call yesterday informing me that the brain surgeon job that I had applied for was already filled by a Mexican with work permit. Good thing I have that nuclear physicist application to fall back on.
The factories left and now we have the housing industry down the tubes,, so why does the blue collar american workers have to compete with illegals with a work permit to find some kind of work?.. plenty of americans work at landscaping and many americans are looking for any kind of work.. as in Florida.. they don't have any work down there and plenty of illegals there too.

I see the elderly barely able to eat, looking at the day old stuff.. the illegals with many kids fill their carts and use their swipe food stamp card to eat good. Something is wrong here.

Old 06-20-2012, 08:44 PM

14,330 posts, read 19,131,908 times
Default Amnesty is good if Pubs don't like it

Nothing negatively impacts the job search more than:

1) Republicans discriminating for centuries.
2) Republican racial ignorance and anti-minority sentiment.
3) Republican in the White House
4) Republican warmongering.
5) Republicans bringing Indians here to displace millions of qualified Americans.
6) Conservatives in high places.
7) Conservatives in Congress.
8) Republican in the White House.
9) Conservatives in hiring positions.
10) Republican in the White House.

Amnesty means that there will be more anti-Republicans in this country, which makes it GOOD.

Old 06-20-2012, 08:56 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,050,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Nothing negatively impacts the job search more than:

1) Republicans discriminating for centuries.
2) Republican racial ignorance and anti-minority sentiment.
3) Republican in the White House
4) Republican warmongering.
5) Republicans bringing Indians here to displace millions of qualified Americans.
6) Conservatives in high places.
7) Conservatives in Congress.
8) Republican in the White House.
9) Conservatives in hiring positions.
10) Republican in the White House.

Amnesty means that there will be more anti-Republicans in this country, which makes it GOOD.
Sometimes I ask myself, "Maybe after all liberalism is not a mental disorder?" Thanks for clearing out my doubts!

Old 06-20-2012, 08:58 PM

86,093 posts, read 70,503,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
If an illegal immigrant who can't speak English can do your job, you have bigger problems than Obama or his policies.
16-30 and have been in the US for 5 years and have a HS diploma or GED.
These are NOT your Spanish speaking lettuce pickers my friend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration