Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 06:37 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,625,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
I am not a big fan of amnesty, but if you are an American competing with illegal immigrants for your job, you haven't tried hard enough. Those are usually unskilled or minimally skilled jobs.
I hope the next job they get is yours. Your post is a myth.

The numbers of how many people are in this country undocumented is astounding. Does anyone have the real number of how many people are in this country and are not citizens. Why does our government cater to these people. Give all people here illegally 30 days to clear out and then start arresting the ones who are too stubborn to leave. They were going somewhere when they came here; they can go somewhere else just as easily. Hopefully they will try doing it in a legal way the next time. We should not reward unacceptable behavior.

It is not our fault their parents brought them here, except that our government has a blind eye and cares nothing for its own citizens.

Last edited by NCN; 06-20-2012 at 06:46 PM..

Old 06-20-2012, 06:45 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,660,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Obama is NOT implementing a amnesty........... the undocumented here who were brought here as children are getting work permits....NOT amnesty as with Reagan.
If you want to know what kind of idiot would implement a policy that failed previously, ask Romney as he wants to repeat all of Bush's mistakes.

Sure- explain that to all the unemployed Americans during the presidential debates. I am sure that they will appreciate the difference and be wildly supportive of Obama.

Old 06-20-2012, 06:58 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Obama is NOT implementing a amnesty........... the undocumented here who were brought here as children are getting work permits....NOT amnesty as with Reagan.
If you want to know what kind of idiot would implement a policy that failed previously, ask Romney as he wants to repeat all of Bush's mistakes.
What do you think amnesty is? Of course it's an amnesty -- and it's a huge job giveaway.

Old 06-20-2012, 07:01 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The put the numbers at about 1.5 million working aged people 16-30.
And it's not just the 16-30 year old group that will see their job prospects be gone -- there are over 50 year olds who are about to lose their unemployment benefits and have not had any luck finding a job. This benefits no American and harms many.

Old 06-20-2012, 07:05 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,116,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I hope the next job they get is yours. Your post is a myth.

The numbers of how many people are in this country undocumented is astounding. Does anyone have the real number of how many people are in this country and are not citizens. Why does our government cater to these people. Give all people here illegally 30 days to clear out and then start arresting the ones who are too stubborn to leave. They were going somewhere when they came here; they can go somewhere else just as easily. Hopefully they will try doing it in a legal way the next time. We should not reward unacceptable behavior.

It is not our fault their parents brought them here, except that our government has a blind eye and cares nothing for its own citizens.
Are you going to put forth any sort information to dispel that myth?

Old 06-20-2012, 07:07 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
What do you think amnesty is? Of course it's an amnesty -- and it's a huge job giveaway.
A lot of us get iti! unfortunately for the clueless, they are ingnorant to the fats, as usual. I know so many fine hard working americans who have lost their jobs and homes under this administration. And now have to put up with this freaking mess.

As usual, some will have a make up name for this amnesty!!!!!!!! Slice it, dice it, anyway you feel, it still is what it is, and this is amnesty.

So they came here as children, let them stand in line with the millions of americans who cannot find work, they are no better.

Old 06-20-2012, 07:10 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Good luck in your job hunting
Why? You think the illegals are going to take a second job? If they were working before, and they continue doing the same, then I don't see anything changing.

Old 06-20-2012, 07:10 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
A work visa that is indefinitely renewable ? That's amnesty my friend.

Old 06-20-2012, 07:11 PM

8,628 posts, read 9,134,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
How exactly do they find jobs, but these "real Americans" only sit and complain about them taking their jobs away?
You don't add a million young illegal residents who contributed little to the tax base, same as the parent, when unemployed US citizen's who by and large contributed plenty to the tax base are out of work in high numbers, period. That is the one thing that gets under my skin. It seems those who've worked most of their lives and contributed to the community get the shaft when it comes to welfare and social services like healthcare etc. They have to be totally destitute to qualify in which conveniently many illegals fall into. Our taxes paying for illegal's standard of living when many unemployed US citizens are losing everything. Not something that should be tolerated.

Old 06-20-2012, 07:12 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
we are being sold out, that part i understand what i do not understand is american labor is anti labor. did u really think your kids were all going to be bank managers when they grew up even though your dad was joe the plumber? is that why u pay pepe to cut the lawn while your son sits on the couch????? wake wake smell the coffee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration