Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 01:02 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,499,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
That's the difference between we conservatives and you lefties.

We actually WANT our government to care less about us!

It has nothing to do with religion.
You are right about that, I think the representatives that we vote in should definitely care about the people....NOT just the rich.

Hence "We the People" and "promote the general welfare" from the preamble of the Constitution:

Quote:
We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Old 06-21-2012, 01:09 PM

2,475 posts, read 2,076,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
You are absolutely right.
These people are way better educated than far too many American citizens these days and (will) have the papers to prove it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Yeah, the nerve of them actually buying into that whole "American dream" thing.
Sounds to me like they have the whole American entitlement philosphy so prevalent in that age group down pat.
Well, maybe excepting the ones willing to put on a uniform and serve and die for this country.
Way too many native-born Americans aren't willing to do that.
Neither of your comments show that you actually know anything.Hispanics have a higher drop out rate than anybody. "way better educated than American Citizens".

Wasn't/isn't their dream to buy into it, they don't belong here and have no right to be here.
They still can't join the military with work authorization. Our military consist of US Citizens and LPR's, so explain how "they aren't willing to do that."

Last edited by Liquid Reigns; 06-21-2012 at 01:24 PM..

Old 06-21-2012, 01:32 PM

26,654 posts, read 28,682,916 times
Just an idea, but with these illegals being able to work legally and get decent jobs, who's gonna pick the lettuce?

I mean it. That's the usual argument for illegals being here--they do the jobs Americans won't do. Well, they won't have to do them anymore. Looks like we'll have to import a lot more illegals to get the menial work done.

Old 06-21-2012, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Not to worry. These kids are educated and intelligent. They won't be after any jobs filled by rightie wing nuts.
With only a GED? Surely you jest or have no clue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
I am not a big fan of amnesty, but if you are an American competing with illegal immigrants for your job, you haven't tried hard enough. Those are usually unskilled or minimally skilled jobs.
Unskilled? Minimally Skilled? More like specialized occupations. My job is running a Specialized Service Business, I have to worry about competition from competitors that hire illegals and undercut job costs. There is much more to it than your simplistic definition.

Old 06-21-2012, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
A work visa that is indefinitely renewable ? That's amnesty my friend.
Its work authorization, not a work visa. They must prove it is needed to obtain it to begin with, there is no guarantee that it will be renewed after 2 years if they do get it to begin with. Even with work authorization they are limited to job possibilities, no Gov't jobs, no military, they are stuck purely in the private sector.

Old 06-21-2012, 01:38 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,499,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Just an idea, but with these illegals being able to work legally and get decent jobs, who's gonna pick the lettuce?

I mean it. That's the usual argument for illegals being here--they do the jobs Americans won't do. Well, they won't have to do them anymore. Looks like we'll have to import a lot more illegals to get the menial work done.
the anti's here say Americans WILL do those jobs.

Old 06-21-2012, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
If an illegal immigrant who can't speak English can do your job, you have bigger problems than Obama or his policies.
It must be the fact that i'm to expensive to hire, so let's have a race to the bottom. No living wage that so many Progressives rant about, just blew that claim out of the water.

Old 06-21-2012, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Nothing negatively impacts the job search more than:

1) Republicans discriminating for centuries.
2) Republican racial ignorance and anti-minority sentiment.
3) Republican in the White House
4) Republican warmongering.
5) Republicans bringing Indians here to displace millions of qualified Americans.
6) Conservatives in high places.
7) Conservatives in Congress.
8) Republican in the White House.
9) Conservatives in hiring positions.
10) Republican in the White House.

Amnesty means that there will be more anti-Republicans in this country, which makes it GOOD.
Accept its not amnesty so they can't legally vote. Progressives = Greece, enough said.

Old 06-21-2012, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
You are right about that, I think the representatives that we vote in should definitely care about the people....NOT just the rich.

Hence "We the People" and "promote the general welfare" from the preamble of the Constitution:We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.
SCOTUS: The Preamble to the U.S. Constitution "has never been regarded as the source of any substantive power conferred on the Government of the United States or on any of its Departments" Sorry, doesn't work like you think it does.

Now the General Welfare Clause in the Constitution means:
the General Welfare Clause was not considered an independent grant of power, but instead a qualification on the taxing power which included within it a power to spend tax revenues in the interest of the general welfare.

Old 06-21-2012, 01:52 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
With only a GED? Surely you jest or have no clue.

Unskilled? Minimally Skilled? More like specialized occupations. My job is running a Specialized Service Business, I have to worry about competition from competitors that hire illegals and undercut job costs. There is much more to it than your simplistic definition.
According to them no Americans work blue collared jobs either. You know, like construction, landscaping, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration