Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 08:32 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,745,539 times

Advertisements

Trouble is that life is short and people get tired of fighting a losing battle. It's like being trapped in a crowd squeezing you in, and just slowly making your way to the edge of the crowd. Once you get into open space you can make progress. I have gotten tired of competing with the lawbreakers, and fighting an increasingly corrupt Government. Nobody wants to get together to help, people just bend over and take it, while looking out to the sunshine. They justify everything by saying how much worse it is somewhere else, la te da. Who wants to continue to live in a place where your friends have to live with their parents, despite having a 50K+ job a year? Who wants to sit in traffic created by Miami-Dade county to just get to "work"? And the biggest insult is the property tax system. Who wants to spend 25% of your income just to pay property tax? The tax situation is the last straw, if it is not fixed I am out of here!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2007, 09:37 AM

47 posts, read 157,597 times
No offense to anyone writing posts on here, but what the hell is wrong with everyone???? I honestly don't get it. I mean, why are we talking about illegal immigrants. Do you hate the illegal immigrants that come here to make a better home for their families and work hard every damn day to pay the bills the same as you and I? Or do you hate the gangs and crime and corruption that is being dealt with daily, b/c its not just caused by hispanics? I'm trying to understand what you're problem is with hispanics? Or any other race for that matter? We do have every right to want to protect our country the same as anyone else. If foreigners are coming here, using our country and disrespecting us, etc etc, then fine! But for the people who come here wanting to take care of their families and wishing for a better life for themselves, and they DO learn our language and culture, what's the god damn problem?? Whites, Blacks, Browns, yellows and friggin purples. . . we're all equal, I'm no better than you and you sure aren't any better than me! Lets stop blaming immigrants for our problems, we've caused plenty before we had a problem with immigration, wake up! Why don't we start with our government to rid ourselves of the gangs and crime and try to see eachother as what we really are, the same! Maybe I'm just really niave, it breaks my heart to see that we can't count on eachother, and teach our children that racism is WRONG! It makes me never want to have kids so they don't have to live in this horrible world and hurt the way we hurt. We have no love or compassion left. Sorry, I don't mean to lecture, it just causes me so much pain to see the hatred that exists here. Good luck to all of us, we really are going to need it.

Old 09-27-2007, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by la_gatita1981 View Post
I am a 100% white American, originally from Buchanan, Virginia. I moved to Florida for a job and it seems that its all I hear anymore. "The illegals are taking all of our jobs," "they need to learn to speak english."

I have been involved with and around spanish people for about 8 years now, and I can tell you that I would rather be in company of spanish people anyday, over an american person. We could learn so much from them, but because most americans are so pigheaded, and set in their ways they won't.

Maybe, that's what this country needs. I know that I have learned so much from them, and they have changed my life so much.

Just so you know, as nice as it is that you support spanish people, you are still being racist....against white americans. If I said, "all illegal immigrants are rude and break the law" I would be stereotyping against them, isn't it the same thing when you say "americans are pigheaded and are set in their ways"?? I mean, how ignorant is it to say that most americans are pigheaded and set in there ways that they won't learn from hispanics?? It's now mandatory that children learn the spanish language starting in kindergarden! And personally I feel insulted that b/c I'm a legal citizen, and look white, I hate hispanics and everyone nonwhite! Come on. . .

My advice to you, stay away from americans who are racist against hispanics! Don't associate with them if you don't care for their remarks! You can't change what they think, but you don't have to deal with their ignorance either. But, if you hate americans so much, maybe you should consider moving to a different country!

Old 09-27-2007, 09:52 AM

2,143 posts, read 8,031,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ2FL View Post
Just so you know, as nice as it is that you support spanish people, you are still being racist....against white americans. If I said, "all illegal immigrants are rude and break the law" I would be stereotyping against them, isn't it the same thing when you say "americans are pigheaded and are set in their ways"??
No, it is not racist. It's a fact. Illegal immigrants all break the law. Every single one of them, without exception.

Old 09-27-2007, 09:55 AM

6,853 posts, read 22,455,683 times
A great example of corruption in Miami is the New Carnival Center for the performing arts. So we all know this beautiful place has lost money in the last year, yet the Carnival Boarded voted recently to give the head guy a $100,000 raise. Why should someone get a raise and a $100,000 raise for poor performance. Why because this corrupt Miami-Dade.

Old 09-27-2007, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superpippo View Post
As a European living in the US, I can only agree 100% with this post

Excuse me, but if you're being totally honest with yourself, you have to admit that there are plenty of foreigners that come to the US and look at you as if they are better than you, and that there are those who believe that there is no need to learn English or associate themselves with us! The problem is, the racism and "hollier than thou" crap is happening in all cultures at this point, when are we gonna get over it!? For the people that think they're better than you or you owe them something, tell them to go screw! You deserve to be here just as much as anyone who wants to be here! But lets not stereotype all citizens b/c there are some narrow minded people in the world. It's really getting old now! SO DISSAPPOINTING!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilybeans View Post
No, it is not racist. It's a fact. Illegal immigrants all break the law. Every single one of them, without exception.
Obviously they broke the law to get here, but that doesn't mean their not good people. Would you break the law to protect your family?? Your kids?? Yourself?? Think about it, does it make you a horrible person??

Last edited by mbmouse; 09-28-2007 at 02:31 PM..

Old 09-27-2007, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Obviously they broke the law to get here, but that doesn't mean their not good people. Would you break the law to protect your family?? Your kids?? Yourself?? Think about it, does it make you a horrible person??
It means they don't respect the law. Pretty simple. It means they don't respect the concept of law. It means they think the law only applies when they want it to apply. It means they don't understand the most basic concept of the United States. It means they don't care about are laws. It means they are criminals.

Old 09-27-2007, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilybeans View Post
It means they don't respect the law. Pretty simple. It means they don't respect the concept of law. It means they think the law only applies when they want it to apply. It means they don't understand the most basic concept of the United States. It means they don't care about are laws. It means they are criminals.
Let me get this straight, americans don't do that?? You have proof that No americans have illegally crossed into other countries?? Would you to make a better life for yourself and your family if it came down to it??

And by the way, besides coming here illegally, there are plenty of immigrants that are law abiding while living here. Are you saying that americans don't break their own laws?? There are plenty of american rapists, robbers, murderers and the like. That's pretty silly!

Old 09-27-2007, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Let me get this straight, americans don't do that?? You have proof that No americans have illegally crossed into other countries?? Would you to make a better life for yourself and your family if it came down to it??
That's not the point. Whether other countries enforce the law is their business.

If they are so intent on making a better life, they can do it in their own country. Solve their own problems.
Quote:
And by the way, besides coming here illegally, there are plenty of immigrants that are law abiding while living here.
No the very act of being here is a continuing violation of the law. They don't get to pick and choose which laws they feel like obeying.

Quote:
Are you saying that americans don't break their own laws?? There are plenty of american rapists, robbers, murderers and the like. That's pretty silly!
Sure they do, and they get punished. Jail. Are you saying illegal invaders should get a free pass? They should be punished as well.

Old 09-27-2007, 11:34 AM

113 posts, read 468,990 times
Default Ship em back! Peferably FedEx overnight

Quote:
OMG! There's 12+ million illegal Gringo's in Mexico??!?!?!?!?

No ones saying that America should deny immigrants yearning for a better life for their families. What we are saying is that America CANNOT support EVERYONE who wants to come here.

This is why every country has Immigration Laws. Immigrants who break the law are criminals, regardless of whatever "good for them" intentions are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration