U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2012, 05:01 PM

1,580 posts, read 1,427,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
In his quest to gain more latino votes, we learn just who this Presdient really is. And the extremes that he will go to, insure those votes.

This is a slap in the face, to all of those people past and present who came to this Country because they were proud, and they did it the right way, by becoming legal citizens. Quite a slap in the face.

I don't rightly think Obama cares if he alienates one group, to gain more votes from another, that should say something about his character right there, and i think it stinks.

The way he kisses and panders is quite sickening, and so over done. A mighty good actor he is.
Unfortunately, Obama is no different than any of the other ethnic panderers past or present. Needless to say, like so many, I am still waiting for that hope and change he promised . . . . not
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2012, 05:01 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,172,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Obama's action provides no ability to naturalize, being harsher than on existing Temporary Protected Status aliens (which provides long-term work-authorization at very low cost for all members of certain nationalities here illegally), making them unable to sponsor their parents...

Then isn't it fantastic that they will now be paying petition fees and taxes for all that employment?...

Are you naive enough to think that Romney is not also "pandering" for votes? I am amazed the conditions put to President Obama, even when his primary opposition propose programs that are much more looser in requirements, and elevate Legal Permanent Residents to be able to sponsor relatives at a level that was reserved for U.S. citizens before. If the complaints continue along party lines, it is very definitive that the Obama Presidency is being challenged because of other factors.

One recent article that was entirely missed on this forum (I waited to see if it would come up):

Marco Rubio says he would come to the U.S. illegally if he had to

From what I have heard, Rubio is considered a strong contender as a Romney Vice Presidential candidate, one heartbeat away from the Presidency...
I don't care if Obama's plan (or at least the one he is feeding us) doesn't include naturalization. They need to go home with their parents and not allowed to stay here, period! They may not have to sponsor their parents. They will probably get the same kind of amnesty that their kids are getting down the line. You know it, I know it and so does anyone else with half a brain know it. These kids and their parents will using the excuse like they do now of the separation of families thingy and our government will cave into them.

No, what would be fantastic is to send them all home and/or remove all incentives for them to remain here and continue to come here. I don't care what taxes and fees they might pay to remain here. We need those jobs they are holding or might become hired at if they aren't working already.

I have said in several of my posts in here that Romney is pandering just like Obama is but I think his is just telling Hispanics what they want to hear opposed to Obama who is an actual advocate for these illegal aliens. I'd rather that an LPR be able to sponsor a relative than for illegal aliens to be allowed to remain here if I had my way but my favored choice would be none of the two. At least the LPR didn't break the law though.

Yes, I am aware that Rubio said he would come to this country illegally himself. I have no use for him. He is just a liberal in conservative's clothing and an illegal alien sympathizer. He keeps denying that he wants to be Romney's VP but I think he is lying. I hope he isn't Romney's running mate. That's all we need is another illegal alien sympathizer second in command in this country.

Last edited by chicagonut; 06-23-2012 at 05:14 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 06-24-2012, 05:53 AM

1,150 posts, read 992,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
It is beyond mind boggling. If those who advocate the DREAMAct would go over to that portal and read some of the crimes that these "innocent children" admit to perpetrating, and the lack of character that they display, they would cease using that term when referring to them.

Driving W/O License - DREAM Act Portal Forum
Enter and got caught - DREAM Act Portal Forum
What if you haven't gotten your Diploma or GED yet? - DREAM Act Portal Forum
Is this their best and brightest? The first group doesn't know what 'arising from the same situation' means, and the second thinks there may not be a problem with committing fraud. The last seems to think all that's needed is the GED.

Old 06-24-2012, 01:44 PM

1,580 posts, read 1,427,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
Is this their best and brightest? The first group doesn't know what 'arising from the same situation' means, and the second thinks there may not be a problem with committing fraud. The last seems to think all that's needed is the GED.
Scarey isn't it? When I browse that website, I can't help but wonder if any of those supporting their cause has any idea of the lack of character of the members of that forum. The fact that they feel no fear in publicly admitting to numerous criminal acts is scarey beyond belief.

Last edited by PurpleRain_1; 06-24-2012 at 01:58 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or