U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-22-2012, 05:30 PM
 
1,580 posts, read 1,422,745 times
Reputation: 748

Advertisements

“We are a nation of immigrants. But I believe that the president is wrong on this issue — as wrong as he can be,” said Rahall. “For every immigrant who came to this country legally, abiding by the process and respecting the law, this action is a slap in the face. For the American workers, who will be forced to compete for American jobs against immigrant aliens, this action is a slap in the face.”

W.Va. Dem on Obama immigration policy: ‘Wrong as he can be’ | Washington Free Beacon

Let's hope there are plenty more democrats with common sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-22-2012, 06:03 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
“We are a nation of immigrants. But I believe that the president is wrong on this issue — as wrong as he can be,” said Rahall. “For every immigrant who came to this country legally, abiding by the process and respecting the law, this action is a slap in the face. For the American workers, who will be forced to compete for American jobs against immigrant aliens, this action is a slap in the face.”

W.Va. Dem on Obama immigration policy: ‘Wrong as he can be’ | Washington Free Beacon

Let's hope there are plenty more democrats with common sense.
This is exactly why I can't fathom why anyone who had a loved one/ones that did it the right way by coming here within our laws, the expenses involved, the paperwork and years of waiting, could be an advocate for amnesty for these illegal aliens. It is truly mind boggling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2012, 07:33 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
Reputation: 22158
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
“We are a nation of immigrants. But I believe that the president is wrong on this issue — as wrong as he can be,” said Rahall. “For every immigrant who came to this country legally, abiding by the process and respecting the law, this action is a slap in the face. For the American workers, who will be forced to compete for American jobs against immigrant aliens, this action is a slap in the face.”

W.Va. Dem on Obama immigration policy: ‘Wrong as he can be’ | Washington Free Beacon

Let's hope there are plenty more democrats with common sense.
And since we all know Obama did it for votes, he harmed millions of Americans but didn't really gain himself all that many votes, illegals were going to vote for him anyhow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2012, 10:04 PM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,011,547 times
Reputation: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
...Rahall[:] “For every immigrant who came to this country legally, abiding by the process and respecting the law, this action is a slap in the face. For the American workers, who will be forced to compete for American jobs against immigrant aliens, this action is a slap in the face."...
For this household, we're up to seven (4 + 3, respectively) slaps in the face by that reasoning...

But we have deeper critical thinking to realize our time and expense for immigration weren't based on those covered by this action, they won't be gaining the same immigration status, and will be paying petition fees of their own. Every immigrant out there doesn't go through a universal time, path, and expense. Calling them "immigrant aliens" really isn't correct, and American workers already complete against Legal Permanent Residents that qualify for that term.

Last edited by IBMMuseum; 06-22-2012 at 11:14 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2012, 10:22 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
For this household, we're up to seven (4 + 3, respectively) slaps in the face by that reasoning...

But we have deeper critical thinking to realize our time and expense for immigration weren't based on those covered by this action, they won't gaining the same immigration status, and will be paying petition fees of their own. Every immigrant out there doesn't go through a universal time, path, and expense. Calling them "immigrant aliens" really isn't correct, and American workers already complete against Legal Permanent Residents that qualify for that term.
Right, so let's increase that competiton for American jobs by adding illegal aliens to the mix also, shall we? Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. The jobs that many are already holding could be held by an American or a legal immigrant if they were't here. Let's all just fight like dogs for the scarce jobs there are by adding more people to our workforce and the employers can keep lowering wages since they will have such a huge supply of workers. Yeah, makes sense to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2012, 11:29 PM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,011,547 times
Reputation: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Right, so let's increase that competiton for American jobs by adding illegal aliens to the mix also, shall we? Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. The jobs that many are already holding could be held by an American or a legal immigrant if they were't here. Let's all just fight like dogs for the scarce jobs there are by adding more people to our workforce and the employers can keep lowering wages since they will have such a huge supply of workers. Yeah, makes sense to me.
The Obama action requires application (and fees) for work-authorization, and awareness is starting to come up that employers may not be willing to hire an applicant that has only a two-year authorization that has to be renewed, on what will likely be a heavily-watched program. Petition fees, taxes, and an inability to draw many benefits is a better outcome to me than illegal aliens that will work anyway. Side-by-side, I would be much more critical of the Romney proposal, harmful at a deeper level to the American workforce.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-23-2012, 05:04 AM
 
1,580 posts, read 1,422,745 times
Reputation: 748
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
This is exactly why I can't fathom why anyone who had a loved one/ones that did it the right way by coming here within our laws, the expenses involved, the paperwork and years of waiting, could be an advocate for amnesty for these illegal aliens. It is truly mind boggling.
It is beyond mind boggling. If those who advocate the DREAMAct would go over to that portal and read some of the crimes that these "innocent children" admit to perpetrating, and the lack of character that they display, they would cease using that term when referring to them.

Driving W/O License - DREAM Act Portal Forum
Enter and got caught - DREAM Act Portal Forum
What if you haven't gotten your Diploma or GED yet? - DREAM Act Portal Forum

Last edited by PurpleRain_1; 06-23-2012 at 05:44 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-23-2012, 05:07 AM
 
1,580 posts, read 1,422,745 times
Reputation: 748
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
And since we all know Obama did it for votes, he harmed millions of Americans but didn't really gain himself all that many votes, illegals were going to vote for him anyhow.
Exactly. In his quest for the latino vote, I believe that he has alienated a large population of the Black vote. Unemployed Black people are not happy with his pandering for votes and I seriously doubt that they will turn out in droves for him in November.

Last edited by PurpleRain_1; 06-23-2012 at 05:48 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-23-2012, 05:16 AM
 
1,580 posts, read 1,422,745 times
Reputation: 748
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
For this household, we're up to seven (4 + 3, respectively) slaps in the face by that reasoning...

But we have deeper critical thinking to realize our time and expense for immigration weren't based on those covered by this action, they won't be gaining the same immigration status, and will be paying petition fees of their own. Every immigrant out there doesn't go through a universal time, path, and expense. Calling them "immigrant aliens" really isn't correct, and American workers already complete against Legal Permanent Residents that qualify for that term.
I believe that the decision to dole out work permits to illegal aliens will come back to bite Obama on an astronomical scale. They failed to take into consideration that there are probably more angry, unemployed Americans losing the roof over their heads and the shirts off of their backs than there are latinos who will show up at the polls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-23-2012, 07:27 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
The Obama action requires application (and fees) for work-authorization, and awareness is starting to come up that employers may not be willing to hire an applicant that has only a two-year authorization that has to be renewed, on what will likely be a heavily-watched program. Petition fees, taxes, and an inability to draw many benefits is a better outcome to me than illegal aliens that will work anyway. Side-by-side, I would be much more critical of the Romney proposal, harmful at a deeper level to the American workforce.
I wasn't just speaking of Obama's latest back door amnesty. I was speaking of any amnesty that the future might hold. Like for example, amnestying their parents which any sane person would know that will be the next step.

Some of these Dreamies are already working and some are not. As I said, those who are will be able to retain those jobs which could be filled by American and legal immigrant workers. I doubt very much that some who aren't working won't get hired regardless of the limitations.

I am still on the fence with Romney's proposal because what he would do was kind of vague to me and like Obama is just pandering for votes. What he would do if he is elected might not be what you think it will be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top