U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 05:29 PM

1,222 posts, read 3,287,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
Uhm... by providing a link to Europe's most unstable area, that has been islamic for centuries... you prove...what?
It's about Bosnia. Everyone knows that is not the safest place to be, and is not really what you talk about when talking about Europe in this case. Europe is divided into West and East. West is safe eventhough more and more muslims are coming here, whilst East is known to be unsafe and unstable. That's an established fact, more or less.

Quote:
it's not, but for some reason this hardly made the news, go figure...
The Balcan hasn't been safe for a long time, that's why it is hardly making the news anymore. But it's making the news here, so we know about what's going on down there.

Quote:
and for anyone that thinks Sweden is peace loving non-terrorists..

Western Resistance: Bosnia: Four Islamists Jailed For Terrorist Plot (http://www.westernresistance.com/blog/archives/003550.html - broken link)

I knew this guy very well and played a key role in his arrest..
Ok, so we had this guy from Kungälv who went down to Bosnia. He wasn't going to do anything in Sweden - never planned it and never did anything. I know someone who went to school with this guy(yeah, go figure, the population isnät that big), and yes, in what we call Högstadiet (grades 7 to 9) he became more and more fanatic. So? We have over 400 000 muslims in Sweden, and this is one out of 5 that has been charged for anything like this. One of these 4 was put in Guantanamo and then finally released - the US had finally understood that he hadn't done anything wrong other than had visited some friends on the wrong place at the wrong time.
Another of these was labeled terrorist by the US just because he came from Somalia- but again, there were no evidence he had done anything, and the charges were dropped.
So... 3 persons, out of 400 000. I wouldn't say that makes our muslims non-peaceful?

In Sweden, there has been no terrorists attacks or any attacks on people critizising islam. I think we can draw the conclusion that muslims in Sweden aren't as horrible as one would want to picture them.

Quote:
Europe is definitely in trouble and the US needs to watch what is happening over there and do things to make sure the same thing doesn't happen here, even though it has been...
Europe is not in the "big trouble" as seems to be wanted to be portrayed here. Sure, we have lots of muslims immigrating here, and yes, many have problems assimilating, but it doesn't mean that they are going to take over our countries and turn them into muslim dictatures with shari'ia laws.
A group of muslims tried promoting shari'ia laws in Sweden, but we said no. That is NEVER going to happen- we may take it easy on them, but not THAT easy.

I wish people would stop generalizing muslims and other people based on just some few people. That is exactly what is feeding the hate against us non-muslims etc.
I understand them perfectly- I'm a Christian, and when I keep hearing people bashing Christianity based on some few fanatic Christians that aren't even worthy of calling themselves Christians, I get really mad.

I admit it, I too feel resentment against muslims sometimes for what they are doing, but then I realize that most of my feelings towards them come from media, and media is only showing what they think we want to see/hear.
We want to see angry muslim people, because that way we can re-assure ourselves that "maybe we aren't wrong and being hateful for nothing, they really are that horrible and bad and are destroying our free world and our countries".
But then I remember the "muslims" in my class that are not anything like those people I see on TV. And the muslim-looking guy on the bus last week who gave up his seat just so I could sit down with my heavy bag.

Media is controling the way we perceive the rest of the world - more than we want to acknowledge.
But I think it's really time that we do think actively about where we get our facts that we base our feelings and emotions on.

Last edited by Sweden; 10-06-2007 at 05:45 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2007, 05:36 PM

55,237 posts, read 72,453,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfilm View Post
Yet another example of the inevitable downside of aggressive non-assimilation. To remain in a permanent state of despising the country to which you voluntarily emigrated foments such hatred. I've seen it with the radical, Americans-despising illegals here in Los Angeles. The mere sight of someone outside their ethnic circle enrages them. As a middle-aged Caucasian female American, I've often been spat upon or pushed off the sidewalk by foreign nationals living here.

I hope the objective and professional Ms. Fahidi does not get assassinated, a genuine threat in Europe as we now know. The rabid misogynists misrepresenting her religion would be the most likely culprits.
wow i knew it was bad but not that bad.
tolerance has turned into submission to evil.
stephen s
san diego ca

Old 10-08-2007, 04:02 PM

13,807 posts, read 25,854,557 times
The attack on the embassy was in Austria.. I don't think that is Europe's most unstable area and I know Austria doesn't feel that way..

I also know a lot about the Balkans, more than most for sure and the mujahideen that Bosnia allowed to enter during the 90's war wasn't too much different than what western Europe is allowing to enter right now.. a lot of the muslims entering western European countries are former or resting muj's and they are not going to drop their hate at the door when they enter a civilized country.. ask England about that one..

as far as Maximus (Mirsad), he was recruited in Sweden and last I heard there were about 15 or so other people arrested in Sweden as well as quite a few in the UK and other places.. There is more to the story that I can't talk about, but this was going to be an attack on another European country and I'm talking western Europe, not the "uncivilized" east... it was going to be on the same scale as the Madrid and 7/7 London bombings too... wish I could go into more detail

Old 11-11-2007, 12:38 PM

10,189 posts, read 24,474,849 times
After the van Gogh murder folks re-evaluated their thinking about assimilation, but I certainly don't know of thousands of middle-class Dutch people leaving the country. Can you provide any source for that information. I lived in the Netherlands, and still retain contact with many of my friends, colleagues and neighbours. None of them have remotely suggested leaving their home-land for this murder, although, all were shocked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agility View Post
After the Van Gogh murder, thousands of middle-class, educated Dutch are leaving the Netherlands.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or