U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2012, 10:44 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,864,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Another three strikes. Comments that place some kind of national quota system for the entire grouping of immigrants, or a notion that there is a cap on all immigrants per year that can come to the United States are wholly off base. A majority of immigrants are not restricted by any quota system at all, and are typically already present in the United States when they even gain legal residency.

Rather than the false limited-seating stadium analogy, let's explain it on an individual basis. A qualified legal immigrant from Mexico dies before picking up their immigrant visa. What happens to that allocation, and how does some other person, of any country, gain the qualification to immigrate based on that death?

Multiply it by the thousands (don't get giddy from all the deaths of Mexicans). How does any nationality qualify to be a potential immigrant (Immigrant Visa level) from that event? Your ratio will change (there is less Mexicans immigrating), but it doesn't allow someone living elsewhere in the world the sponsorship to immigrate.

There is an intent here to change the legal immigration system, when the responses I've seen don't have a clue about how it actually operates...
Are you actually that obtuse? At issue is CAPACITY. Again, we do not have the jobs or resources to accommodate every foreigner who wishes to live in this country. Due to massive illegal immigration, primarily from Mexico, we now have an immigration overload. Why is that so incredibly difficult for you to comprehend?

Untold millions of Mexican interlopers have utterly destroyed our immigration system. Apparently, you are under the impression that their incursion has no bearing on our capacity to welcome others into this country legally. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand our limitations as a nation.

The intent is not to "change" our immigration system. Rather, to have our current laws enforced, our borders secured, and ZERO tolerance for illegal immigration. The system isn't broken. It's simply being ignored for the sake of cheap labor for greedy, corrupt globalists. Unfortunately, they control both political parties, which is precisely why nothing has been done to resolve this issue.

Old 06-24-2012, 11:10 AM

1,580 posts, read 1,430,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Are you actually that obtuse? At issue is CAPACITY. Again, we do not have the jobs or resources to accommodate every foreigner who wishes to live in this country. Due to massive illegal immigration, primarily from Mexico, we now have an immigration overload. Why is that so incredibly difficult for you to comprehend?

Untold millions of Mexican interlopers have utterly destroyed our immigration system. Apparently, you are under the impression that their incursion has no bearing on our capacity to welcome others into this country legally. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand our limitations as a nation.

The intent is not to "change" our immigration system. Rather, to have our current laws enforced, our borders secured, and ZERO tolerance for illegal immigration. The system isn't broken. It's simply being ignored for the sake of cheap labor for greedy, corrupt globalists. Unfortunately, they control both political parties, which is precisely why nothing has been done to resolve this issue.
I am in total agreement with you. The lack of enforcement of our immigration laws has effectively reduced America to the worlds' dumping ground. Yet, in addition to the free-fall we are still providing billions of dollars in foreign aid. Essentially we are destroying the country while financing our own demise.

When will the madness end?

Old 06-24-2012, 11:43 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,864,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
I am in total agreement with you. The lack of enforcement of our immigration laws has effectively reduced America to the worlds' dumping ground. Yet, in addition to the free-fall we are still providing billions of dollars in foreign aid. Essentially we are destroying the country while financing our own demise.

When will the madness end?
Sadly, I don't think the madness will end until this country implodes. Then, the sheeple will wake up from their stupor, but it will be too late. Imagine that. The great and powerful USA will be destroyed without a single shot being fired by our enemies.

Old 06-24-2012, 01:37 PM

1,580 posts, read 1,430,698 times
Quote:
Sadly, I don't think the madness will end until this country implodes. Then, the sheeple will wake up from their stupor, but it will be too late. Imagine that. The great and powerful USA will be destroyed without a single shot being fired by our enemies.
IMHO for various reasons, it is imploding a little bit each day. As someone who survived the civil rights movement, for numerous reasons, I can honestly say that this country is imploding daily.

Old 06-24-2012, 02:06 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,031,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
No one said having less Mexicans would allow more immigrants of other nationalities to qualify for immigration, and I expect you understand this, but just like to pretend to be obtuse for the sake of argument. We're well aware of what it takes to qualify for legal immigration, the applications, fees, health checks, criminal background checks, etc. What was said was that due to the overpopulation of illegal immigrants, who are mostly Mexicans, we don't have the infrastructure to support more immigants from any country. Illegal ialiens are taking up spots, and using resources, which could be allocated to legal immigants. If we have room for 1,000,000 immigrants each year, but 2,000,000 illegal aliens from Mexico enter during that year, where does that leave the legal immigrants?

No one is advocating changng immigration laws either. We just want the laws in effect to be enforced.
Quote:

That's twice for being called "obtuse", when all I have done is state it clearly that there is an overwhelming desire here to cut off all, legal and illegal, immigration only from Mexico. Immigration is not run on annual quota totals. Illegal aliens (if the term "Mexican interlopers" only means that) do not block immigrants from any country to come to the United States.

Why can't I get everyone that has stated they want to exclude Mexicans from any immigration system the United States to agree that they feel that way? Respond to vote. No other proposed changes, just that no Mexican is allowed to immigrate by any method until whatever standard you are basing that opinion on is fixed, all current Mexicans processing further are put to a total halt, and any Mexicans going out of status from that ban be removed.

In my scenario I am leaving all illegal aliens in place, as this initial phase of the offered solution is only to stop legal immigration from Mexico (you can have later goals, but I want to see who agrees with only this portion)...

Whom is on-board for this start to the plan? There will be less immigrants guaranteed (for the "capacity" or quota arguments). Respond to vote.

Old 06-24-2012, 03:25 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,195,062 times
Quote:
That's twice for being called "obtuse", when all I have done is state it clearly that there is an overwhelming desire here to cut off all, legal and illegal, immigration only from Mexico. Immigration is not run on annual quota totals. Illegal aliens (if the term "Mexican interlopers" only means that) do not block immigrants from any country to come to the United States.

Why can't I get everyone that has stated they want to exclude Mexicans from any immigration system the United States to agree that they feel that way? Respond to vote. No other proposed changes, just that no Mexican is allowed to immigrate by any method until whatever standard you are basing that opinion on is fixed, all current Mexicans processing further are put to a total halt, and any Mexicans going out of status from that ban be removed.

In my scenario I am leaving all illegal aliens in place, as this initial phase of the offered solution is only to stop legal immigration from Mexico (you can have later goals, but I want to see who agrees with only this portion)...

Whom is on-board for this start to the plan? There will be less immigrants guaranteed (for the "capacity" or quota arguments). Respond to vote.

Who said anything about cutting off illegal immigration only from Mexico? It is just a fact that that is where most illegal immigration is coming from. How does that equate to advocating for illegals from everywhere else but Mexico? I have never said cut off all legal immigration from Mexico either just equal the numbers up from other countries/ethnic groups with their numbers. As long as we are in a recesssion, jobs are scarce and we don't have a handle on illegal immigration I think we should reduce legal immigration temporarily and while doing that I think we should put in place diversity quotas for legal immigration including the family based ones.

Old 06-24-2012, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Who said anything about cutting off illegal immigration only from Mexico? It is just a fact that that is where most illegal immigration is coming from. How does that equate to advocating for illegals from everywhere else but Mexico? I have never said cut off all legal immigration from Mexico either just equal the numbers up from other countries/ethnic groups with their numbers. As long as we are in a recesssion, jobs are scarce and we don't have a handle on illegal immigration I think we should reduce legal immigration temporarily and while doing that I think we should put in place diversity quotas for legal immigration including the family based ones.
And I get called "obtuse"...

I asked whom would support a moratorium on all immigration from Mexico, as long as needed, for the beginning of their plan...

Above it sounds like you are saying "no". The phrase "equal the numbers up" sounds like increasing legal immigration from other countries, not decreasing legal Mexican immigration. Do you include illegal aliens populations to be part of that "national quota"?

Old 06-24-2012, 04:41 PM

Quote:
And I get called "obtuse"...

I asked whom would support a moratorium on all immigration from Mexico, as long as needed, for the beginning of their plan...

Above it sounds like you are saying "no". The phrase "equal the numbers up" sounds like increasing legal immigration from other countries, not decreasing legal Mexican immigration. Do you include illegal aliens populations to be part of that "national quota"?
You and your "sounds like". Just read what is posted instead of putting your own twist on them.

The discussion about quotas was about legal immigration (even though this isn't the forum for it), not illegal aliens.

Old 06-24-2012, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
...The discussion about quotas was about legal immigration (even though this isn't the forum for it), not illegal aliens.
Here is the original deflection and later comments from the same member, who else agrees with it?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
...Immigration reform: NO more immigration from Mexico for a few years; let the Argentines, Nigerians, Germans, Japanese and so on have a shot in coming to the US.
Quote:
Mexico has already sent lots of legal aliens here; it's time to cut things OFF for a few years so other countries can have a shot. Mexico's already way past its quota IMHO.
Quote:
...If Mexico gets mad; that's their problem. I didn't say "less" immigrants from Mexico; I said NO immigrants for a few years. Sheesh!
Apparently all that is not just about illegal aliens either...

Old 06-24-2012, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Here is the original deflection and later comments from the same member, who else agrees with it?:

Apparently all that is not just about illegal aliens either...
Please don't attribute other's remarks to me or that I necessarily agree with them. I have stated my case over and over in here. If you don't like what Packard had to say then take it up with him.

Why are you so concerned about the welfare of Mexicans anyway? You're not Mexican and your Mexican family is here all legal and everything.

Last edited by chicagonut; 06-24-2012 at 05:56 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or