U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2012, 08:47 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,263,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Even the conservative Cato Institute calls it the "Tea Party Congress" (you know, the so-called "revolutionary takeover" by the GOP in 2010?)!
Funny how they like to take credit when they're "winning", but when the news looks bad, suddenly it's "oh, it's both parties"!

And BTW, this is about immigration.... and why the public policy shouldn't be left to a bunch of wacko ideologues, operating with an eight grade education:

Study: “The most ardent tea party Republicans in Congress speak at about an eighth-grade level.”

"In an analysis of floor debates over the last several years, the study found that newer lawmakers tended to speak at a lower grade level than the veterans of congressional speechifying."

Guess who scored the lowest! Go ahead, guess. I’ll wait........... OK, give up?

"It should come as no surprise that the lawmakers at the bottom of the list, speaking at the lowest grade level, are among the most ardent tea party Republicans in the freshman class. Rep. Mick Mulvaney of South Carolina, Rep. Robert Woodall of Georgia and Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky were the bottom three — speaking at about an eighth-grade level, the study found."
Sorry no, illegal immigraton is against the law and has nothing to do with the Teaparty or Republicans per se. We are all bound to be respectful of our immigratiion laws whether we be Republicans, Democrats or a Teaprty member.

I am sure all the stats and articles that you provided that shed a negative light on the Teaparty organization are from left leaning liberals.

Old 06-25-2012, 12:05 AM

3,876 posts, read 3,205,774 times
[quote=iturbide19811;24886655]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Although your question wasn't directed at me it's not about those Mexicans here legally already it is about changing our immigration policies for the future so that we have fair and equal quotas from other nationalities/ethnic groups rather than just favoring Mexicans and other Latinos. Don't you like diversity?)

i could care less who gets what, i was responding to the dude that
wanted all mexicans to just not received anything

if i am mexican and i apply its americas choice if the want me or not. thats it

its about the individual
not about the nationality
when you doubt because of your nationality your automatically discarding the person based of their culture and nationality
And when you are shown preferential treatment for your culture and nationality others are discriminated against so that you can be shown favoritism. Don't you like real diversity, instead of just 1 group being catered to ???

As another poster said AND what true diversity would be is to let in equal numbers of Mongolians, Finns, Ukainians, Ethiopians, etc, etc...

But then again MEXICANS would still be the vast majority of those that would still whine, cry, demand and continue tho violate ANY and ALL US immigration laws because of their selfishness or do you deny this ???

Their history of ignoring US laws and the vast majority of illegals here past AND present is proof that this IS the reality.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or