U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 04:59 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
That's just not true. You post has no basis of truth and is just there to keep the masses inflamed against Hispanics. Hystrionic, bumper sticker, propaganda.
The justice dept in the matter of it's investigation of Maracopa Sheriff's Dept. has ruled out any cases that show any probable cause from their complaint. They are only concentrating on cases where there was no probable cause and hispanics were stopped and detained or as it's commonly called, racial profiling. Do you have access to arrest and detainment reports that the justice dept doesn't have?
Are you denying then that Hispanics legal or illegal are the ones claiming this racial profiling nonsense? The facts are there for all to read. As for Arpaio, get back with us when he is "convicted" of racial profiling. We'll wait. This all a political move on the part of the Obama administration because they want our borders wide open to Mexico and illegals left alone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2012, 06:34 PM

12,735 posts, read 7,358,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
First of all, I didn't mention Hispanics.

Second, no I don't have access to such reports. I'm telling you what I see in the future. It's happened before, and it will happen again.

It's people like you who accuse others of racial profiling, when in fact all they want is immigration laws enforced as regards ALL illegal aliens from ALL countries. Actually, there's a big bunch of illegal Irish immigrants, known as The Trvelers, I'd like to see deported. There are also many Asians, Indians, and Russians here who need to go. I want them all deported, and I don't want to wait until they're convicted of a felony before Obama considers them worthy of deportation.
No you didn't mention Hispanics but were talking about Arizona and SB1070. Who do you think would be the bulk of the illegals here?
My only objection to your inflamitory post was you, projecting that illegal immigrants who were in the act of excessive speeding, DUI and reckess driving will accuse the LEOs of racial profiling, when these are all probable causes to pull someone over and check their status. Any illegal claiming racial profiling under these circumstances would be laughed out of court.
With this type of inflamitory statements you attempt to inflame with no basis in fact except your warped, narrow, projections. I detest this type of unfounded blowhardiness and will call it out every time I encounter it.

Old 06-25-2012, 06:48 PM

10,024 posts, read 10,138,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
Do you mean an LEO has no right to ask to see your driver's license, or if encountered during the course of an investigation, no right to ask you for proof of identity?
Under our constitution I have no obligation whatsoever to produce my ID to any agent of the state unless that agent has a probable cause to request such ID. For example, I was pulled over by an Ontario Provincial Policeman. When he asked to see my licence and insurance, I asked him why, he said, "Just a routine check". I told him there is no such a thing and if he insisted I would report him and maybe force him into a remedial course on citizens rights. I then asked him if I were free to go and he said, "Have a good day sir".

Now, a month or so later the same thing happened again. This time the cop said,"You have a tail light not working". that's a different case altogether. I am required to show ID as I had broken the law as set down in "The highway traffic act". I showed him all my paperwork and he just told me to get the light fixed.

The intent of the clause in the constitution is to prevent agents of the state from harrassing citizens for no cause at all. There was a time in this country where this was not the case, especially in Quebec. The Prime Minister who was primarily responsible for giving Canada this new constitution was very much a social justice radical. Before he was in politics, he taught constitutional law at the university in Montreal, {Sound familiar} anyway he was stopped by a quebec cop for no reason at all and he refused to identify himself. He spent the next two days in a jail cell in Montreal. When he became PM he was determined that this type of thing would never happen any more. It still does happen because there are so many people out there who just don't know what their rights are and so therefore don't defend themselves against gestapo type tatics that ALL LEOs will employ if THEY CAN GET AWAY WITH IT!!

Old 06-25-2012, 07:08 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Quote:
No you didn't mention Hispanics but were talking about Arizona and SB1070. Who do you think would be the bulk of the illegals here?
My only objection to your inflamitory post was you, projecting that illegal immigrants who were in the act of excessive speeding, DUI and reckess driving will accuse the LEOs of racial profiling, when these are all probable causes to pull someone over and check their status. Any illegal claiming racial profiling under these circumstances would be laughed out of court.
With this type of inflamitory statements you attempt to inflame with no basis in fact except your warped, narrow, projections. I detest this type of unfounded blowhardiness and will call it out every time I encounter it.
No actually in our PC country today the illegal alien Hispanic or other illegal alien would probably file a racial profiling suit and win it whether there was any basis for it or not. Far too many cases like that already or similar to that in regards to illegal aliens.

Old 06-25-2012, 07:27 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,286,582 times
Quote:
Nothing warped with wanting ILLEGAL aliens OUT of the US. There's nothing wrong with charging people who protect illegal aliens by hiding them and so on, either.

Old 06-25-2012, 08:39 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
Well -- second week in a row where the illegals are gleeful and euphoric. They pretty much are being handed this country.

Old 06-25-2012, 09:48 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,286,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Well -- second week in a row where the illegals are gleeful and euphoric. They pretty much are being handed this country.
I see that and I'm at my wits end. Tho IF the Feds keeping stabbing the American people in the back, the "knife" WILL be turned AGAINST the stabbers.

Old 06-26-2012, 03:34 AM

16,438 posts, read 18,516,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
I see that and I'm at my wits end. Tho IF the Feds keeping stabbing the American people in the back, the "knife" WILL be turned AGAINST the stabbers.
This November hopefully.

Old 06-26-2012, 04:29 AM

22,243 posts, read 14,737,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
But you have to think..the Fed are not doing such a great job at managing illegals and guarding the border. Cities and towns are overwhelmed with illegals, especially in border states, and budgets are busting at the seams.

If the Fed doesn't want to deport then they should at least give money to the states to cover the cost of educating them, feeding them, medical care for them, housing them.

There is a problem. This is not the only state to bring forward a bill to deal with illegals. This is because the Fed is NOT doing their job. What other recourse do states have ?

The Feds insist illegal immigration is under control but if you live in any of the border states you'd say otherwise.
Sine the Fed Govt is doing the best it ever has on securing the border, your comment doesn't ring very true. Everyone believes the Immigration problem needs to be reformed. The problem is, only the Dems are trying to get something done on it. Perhaps the SCOTUS thumping the RWnuts on 1070 may get a couple of Repubs to put a bit of distance from the "O'Connell initiative". But it is funny to see the delusional comments from people like Brewer. How funny!

Old 06-26-2012, 06:45 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Sine the Fed Govt is doing the best it ever has on securing the border, your comment doesn't ring very true. Everyone believes the Immigration problem needs to be reformed. The problem is, only the Dems are trying to get something done on it. Perhaps the SCOTUS thumping the RWnuts on 1070 may get a couple of Repubs to put a bit of distance from the "O'Connell initiative". But it is funny to see the delusional comments from people like Brewer. How funny!
Oh please. There is very little being done to secure the border -- even 6 year olds are crossing illegally into the USA -- recently one was stopped by the Arizona sheriffs but not by border agents. 6 year olds!! There is very little border enforcement. More children than ever are coming over the border because it's that easy. And nothing is being done with the visa overstayers -- get a tourist visa and stay and you have nothing to worry about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or