U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 07:51 AM

86,093 posts, read 70,054,393 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Sine the Fed Govt is doing the best it ever has on securing the border, your comment doesn't ring very true. Everyone believes the Immigration problem needs to be reformed. The problem is, only the Dems are trying to get something done on it. Perhaps the SCOTUS thumping the RWnuts on 1070 may get a couple of Repubs to put a bit of distance from the "O'Connell initiative". But it is funny to see the delusional comments from people like Brewer. How funny!
The only "reform" our administration wants is amnesty.
The Fed Gov is NOT upholding our laws by letting non-felon illegals walk and stay in the US.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2012, 08:29 AM

39,088 posts, read 23,221,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
He must have had a valid reason for questioning you regardless of how you try to spin it.
Really? When I challenged him, he went away.

Policemen are human beings. Some policemen are bullies.

I have complete respect for the law, and for policemen doing their jobs.

I don't have complete respect for policemen who abuse their authority.

Old 06-26-2012, 08:29 AM

9,243 posts, read 7,115,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The only "reform" our administration wants is amnesty.
The Fed Gov is NOT upholding our laws by letting non-felon illegals walk and stay in the US.
I think he wants no borders & no constitution.

Old 06-26-2012, 08:51 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,168,220 times
Quote:
Sine the Fed Govt is doing the best it ever has on securing the border, your comment doesn't ring very true. Everyone believes the Immigration problem needs to be reformed. The problem is, only the Dems are trying to get something done on it. Perhaps the SCOTUS thumping the RWnuts on 1070 may get a couple of Repubs to put a bit of distance from the "O'Connell initiative". But it is funny to see the delusional comments from people like Brewer. How funny!
By getting something done you mean by Obama and the Dems granting illegal aliens amnesty? How is that good for our country and the American people?

I don't think the SC thumbed those of us for the rule of law (not right wing nuts as your inflammatory description). The most important part of sb1070 was upheld so I don't know how your side can claim this as a victory. The victory you got wasn't from the SC but Obama turning around yesterday and thumbing his nose at the SC and AZ. Brewer had every reason to be elated up until what Obama did yesterday. He will pay for it in November.

Last edited by chicagonut; 06-26-2012 at 09:25 AM.. Reason: spelliing error

Old 06-26-2012, 09:15 AM

20,611 posts, read 12,334,860 times
Quote:
Nothing delusional about wanting illegal immigration STOPPED.

Old 06-26-2012, 01:09 PM

Quote:
By getting something done you mean by Obama and the Dems granting illegal aliens amnesty? How is that good for our country and the American people?

I don't think the SC thumbed those of us for the rule of law (not right wing nuts as your inflammatory description). The most important part of sb1070 was upheld so I don't know how your side can claim this as a victory. The victory you got wasn't from the SC but Obama turning around yesterday and thumbing his nose at the SC and AZ. Brewer had every reason to be elated up until what Obama did yesterday. He will pay for it in November.
If you read the decision, the "most important" provision wasn't upheld explicitly, it was deemed not ready for review. Brewer simply tried to spin things as if they'd gone her way.

Old 06-26-2012, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
If you read the decision, the "most important" provision wasn't upheld explicitly, it was deemed not ready for review. Brewer simply tried to spin things as if they'd gone her way.
They did go her way because she is going to implement that part of sb1070 that was upheld. If it is merely up for review (whatever that means) then why did Obama the day of the SC decision tell AZ that the feds would not come to get the illegals in custody unless they were felons?

Old 06-26-2012, 02:27 PM

Quote:
They did go her way because she is going to implement that part of sb1070 that was upheld. If it is merely up for review (whatever that means) then why did Obama the day of the SC decision tell AZ that the feds would not come to get the illegals in custody unless they were felons?
I didn't say it is up for review. I said the provision was deemed not yet ready for review. As per the quote pulled directly from the decision. After "the state courts" have an "opportunity to construe" the law, and someone challenges this provision to show that "enforcement in fact conflicts with federal immigration law".

" It was improper to enjoin §2(B) before the state courts had an opportunity to construe it and without some showing that §2(B)’s enforcement in fact conflicts with federal immigration law and its objectives. Pp. 19–24. "

Old 06-26-2012, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I didn't say it is up for review. I said the provision was deemed not yet ready for review. As per the quote pulled directly from the decision. After "the state courts" have an "opportunity to construe" the law, and someone challenges this provision to show that "enforcement in fact conflicts with federal immigration law".

" It was improper to enjoin §2(B) before the state courts had an opportunity to construe it and without some showing that §2(B)’s enforcement in fact conflicts with federal immigration law and its objectives. Pp. 19–24. "
Still, unlike the other 3 provisions the SC did not throw it out it upheld it.

Old 06-27-2012, 02:56 AM

16,438 posts, read 18,558,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
I think he wants no borders & no constitution.
No Constitution for sure. He rules by Executive Order. This is a blatant abuse of power that will have to be contested up to the Supreme Court.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or