U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 01:08 PM

10,584 posts, read 7,968,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
I don't think its even POSSIBLE to deport the MILLIONS of Illegals reported to be in the US.
So if we can't achieve 100% perfection with this method, that means we shouldn't try it at all? I sometimes see that attitude from people who don't want to solve the problem.

Quote:
So yes.. i think amnesty is easier..
I think so, too. Only problem is, it doesn't work. Does that matter to you?

Quote:
Regardless of the approach, fix the damn leak first and secure the Southern BORDER!!!!
I fully agree.

Old 06-26-2012, 01:09 PM

10,584 posts, read 7,968,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardianlady View Post
I think he's pandering to the large group of hispanics who can vote.
Most Hispanics in the U.S. support our immigration laws, and want to see illegal aliens stopped from coming in; and the ones here deported.

Old 06-26-2012, 01:26 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,152,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Most Hispanics in the U.S. support our immigration laws, and want to see illegal aliens stopped from coming in; and the ones here deported.
I wish that were true but it isn't. I have saved numerous polls on this issue. The majority of Hispanics are sympathizers to illegal aliens and want them to have amnesty. It is no coincidence that most illegal aliens are of their ethnic group and therefore the reason for their position.

They have several activists groups and their politicians are all illegal alien defenders. Remember the marches? Many of them were Hispanic citizens.

Old 06-26-2012, 01:29 PM

8,567 posts, read 9,333,391 times
Obama admin cuts off Arizona from all immigration-law enforcement, leaving state vulnerable

Sounds like it's time for local citizenry to implement its own security measures. They could call themselves the 'Fast and Furious Brigade'.

The Feds would have absolutely NO idea what's going on.

Old 06-26-2012, 01:32 PM

12,439 posts, read 9,955,286 times
It is actually kind of funny. Arizona could be the only state in the Country that the Fed will not remove and deport illegal aliens. That is hilarious.

Old 06-26-2012, 01:33 PM

12,620 posts, read 17,692,687 times
Quote:
All I can figure is, Obama is trying for the votes of a relatively small minority who support open borders and free admission of illegal aliens.

He is unaware of, or perhaps indifferent to, the reaction of a much larger majority who feel Federal laws are not merely the plaything of whatever regime happens to be in power, but are laws the government is REQUIRED to enforce, even if they disagree with the previous administration who passed them.

I supposed it will take another election (beyond the 2010 one) to remind Obama that the majority is not to be brushed off with the indifference he is showing.
It is a slippery slope because not all Hispanics support illegals. There are many who believe they should go about it the right way.

Old 06-26-2012, 01:33 PM

6,482 posts, read 5,970,423 times
What we just witnessed is a Presidential hissy fit.

Old 06-26-2012, 01:36 PM

29,112 posts, read 18,391,126 times
Obama stopped a program that allowed local law enforcement to do what the SCOTUS just ruled as unconstitutional as it is a federal role.

Quote:
The federal agency also announced the nationwide suspension of the program, saying it would no longer sign new agreements with state and local law enforcement agencies.
Homeland Security revokes 287(g) immigration check agreements in Arizona | Arizona Capitol Times

Obama cannot continue with this program because it is ruled unconstitutional and he discontinued it nationwide. Jan Brewer needs to stop whining and playing the victim and start conducting herself with dignity. She reminds me of a truck stop waitress with a lot of attitude.

Old 06-26-2012, 01:39 PM

5,342 posts, read 3,955,209 times
Quote:
So if we can't achieve 100% perfection with this method, that means we shouldn't try it at all? I sometimes see that attitude from people who don't want to solve the problem.

I think so, too. Only problem is, it doesn't work. Does that matter to you?

I fully agree.
How does granting Amnesty not work? Last time, they never secured the borders... they must FIRST secure the borders to stop the influx of immigrants.. second, grant amnesty..

Not sure how granting amnesty does not work.. do those granted amnesty remain illegal???

Old 06-26-2012, 01:45 PM

8,561 posts, read 5,220,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Obama stopped a program that allowed local law enforcement to do what the SCOTUS just ruled as unconstitutional as it is a federal role.

Homeland Security revokes 287(g) immigration check agreements in Arizona | Arizona Capitol Times

Obama cannot continue with this program because it is ruled unconstitutional and he discontinued it nationwide. Jan Brewer needs to stop whining and playing the victim and start conducting herself with dignity. She reminds me of a truck stop waitress with a lot of attitude.
She has no dignity; that's her major problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or