U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 06:10 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,152,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
You know, if I was Mexican, I'd be coming to America, too.
Legally?

Old 06-26-2012, 06:12 PM

6,193 posts, read 4,367,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
You know, if I was Mexican, I'd be coming to America, too.
What she did was commendable. But was it a 'law'?

Did she immigrate to America? I think not.

Last edited by wrench409; 06-26-2012 at 06:14 PM.. Reason: Hey, that's NOT the message I quoted!

Old 06-26-2012, 06:12 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,722,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
All I can figure is, Obama is trying for the votes of a relatively small minority who support open borders and free admission of illegal aliens.

He is unaware of, or perhaps indifferent to, the reaction of a much larger majority who feel Federal laws are not merely the plaything of whatever regime happens to be in power, but are laws the government is REQUIRED to enforce, even if they disagree with the previous administration who passed them.

I supposed it will take another election (beyond the 2010 one) to remind Obama that the majority is not to be brushed off with the indifference he is showing.
This may have to do with Fast and Furious -- the Mexican government is extorting Obama, he's having to "atone" for his sins of supplying weapons to the cartels.

Notice not much is being said in public about Fast and Furious -- but you can bet a whole lot is going on behind the scenes -- that's the only thing that makes sense, why Obama is betraying his oath of office, betraying the American people.

Old 06-26-2012, 06:14 PM

11,536 posts, read 8,465,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Pay back's a beotch...ain't it?
And so is Jan Brewer. They get what they deserve

They condemn the federal gubiment, but come crying for help and money,

Hypocrites

Old 06-26-2012, 06:16 PM

6,193 posts, read 4,367,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
She reminds me of a truck stop waitress with a lot of attitude.
Maybe that's what is needed.....someone who'll tell O to.....

'Kiss my grits!'

Old 06-26-2012, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
It is actually kind of funny. Arizona could be the only state in the Country that the Fed will not remove and deport illegal aliens. That is hilarious.
Actually not -- Obama isn't removing and deporting illegals from anywhere. He's scared or something. He's turning this country over to foreigners who care nothing about our laws.

Before Obama was elected, he talked about having illegals go to the back of the line behind those who were following the legal process, talked about illegals having to go home and start the process to come legally and learn English but all that's tossed out now. No matter how bad the unemployment situation is for Americans, now Obama is doing all he can to entice illegals to come and reward them for breaking our laws.

Something has to be behind his big change of mind, no longer does he talk of fairness, instead he is putting illegals ahead of those who are waiting to come here, he's putting illegals ahead of Americans.

Old 06-26-2012, 06:19 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,229,053 times
Arizona should deport every illegal person found in their state, to Washington DC.

Old 06-26-2012, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
I don't think its even POSSIBLE to deport the MILLIONS of Illegals reported to be in the US.
So yes.. i think amnesty is easier..

Regardless of the approach, fix the damn leak first and secure the Southern BORDER!!!!
It's not impossible -- keep in mind these people deported themselves from their own homelands. It certainly wasn't difficult for Mexico to "deport" them even when they belonged to that country, knew it's language, it's customs. In fact many illegals came up with thousands of dollars to deport themselves from their own homeland.

How did Mexico manage to get rid of them? Well for one it doesn't provide completely free medical care to them, they pay on a sliding scale, Mexico doesn't provide them food stamps and WIC coupons, it doesn't give them free day care in head start programs - with free meals.

Here they are allowed to do whatever the hell they please -- if they wish they can work for cash under the table and never pay income or social security taxes on their winnings, or they can commit felony document fraud and use a stolen social security number and take a job an American would do, if they have children, it will be at US taxpayer expense, illegals aren't expected to pay their hospital bills, and they are rewarded with all kinds of government handouts like Section 8 vouchers, food stamps, WIC.

If they were cut off the welfare handouts, expected to pay for their health care costs here, it would certainly help and the employers of illegals should be fined and given prison time.

Old 06-26-2012, 06:30 PM

11,536 posts, read 8,465,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Arizona should deport every illegal person found in their state, to Washington DC.
To quote Inigo Montoya from Spain

You keep using that word. - YouTube

Old 06-26-2012, 06:37 PM

5,037 posts, read 4,184,117 times
If I were them, I'd say screw the Feds if they won't do their job. If they continue to play games for votes, I'd run the state how I chose for the good of the citizens of AZ. You don't want to enforce the laws, fine. I will, no matter what the Supreme Court ruled.

Its treason to continue to pick and chose which laws you want to enforce, putting our nation and our people at risk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or