U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 05:12 PM

3,421 posts, read 2,517,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
But they are not even our minorities..they are illegals.
upholding the law means that police can harrass legal immigrants also.

Old 06-25-2012, 05:33 PM

29,988 posts, read 36,191,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
It would be better to drop them off at his door step.
Why, so they can be immediately registered to vote in November as Democrats?

Old 06-25-2012, 05:33 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,405,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
This is just spiteful payback from Obama. AZ should sue him, Napolitano, and the DHS for refusing to enforce immigration law. I can't imagine the Supreme Court will be happy about Obama's end run around their ruling. What they're saying is "The SC was wrong. We don't like their ruling, so we're not going to enforce immigration law, period."

Scalia won't be happy. He said this before Obama even announced his 287g withdrawal.

On Immigration, Antonin Scalia Challenges Barack Obama : Roll Call News

Why would Obama care what the SCOTUS says though. He IS the law.

Old 06-25-2012, 06:02 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,050,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BP72 View Post
So now the Gov. of Arizona could possibly claim a state of emergency due to this and throws the AZ. National Guard on the border...
Actually she has known that she can do this, and hasn't, from when she became Governor of Arizona..

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP72 View Post
...I can see this whole situation getting dirtier and dirtier over time between Az. and Obama.
Maybe he didn't like the finger waggled in his face by her...

Old 06-25-2012, 06:08 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,244,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Actually she has known that she can do this, and hasn't, from when she became Governor of Arizona..

Maybe he didn't like the finger waggled in his face by her...
Evidently he didn't like the Supreme Court wagging their fingers at him today either. The most important part of sb1070 was upheld so he retaliated against Arizona and thumbed his nose at the Supreme Court. He'll pay for it in November.

Old 06-25-2012, 06:13 PM

10,515 posts, read 8,698,587 times
As I said in another thread, our country works because we are a land of laws. Every four or eight years, there is a peaceful transition of power. Key to this is that we rely upon our law enforcement, both local and federal, to actually follow the laws as written by our duly elected representatives. When the law is thrown out in favor of one person's opinion of what should and should not happen, that is the very essence of totalitarianism.

Obama's response and reaction to this Supreme Court ruling is, for me, more worrying than any of his other actions. He has already said and performed actions that shows he has no respect for Congress' authority. Now he has done the same for the Supreme Court. Why would anyone support an administration that thinks it is acceptable to ignore the rule of law and our balance of powers?

Totalitarianism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
Totalitarianism (or totalitarian rule) is a political system where the state recognizes no limits to its authority and strives to regulate every aspect of public and private life wherever feasible.[1] Totalitarian regimes stay in political power through an all-encompassing propaganda campaign, which is disseminated through the state-controlled mass media, a single party that is often marked by political repression, personality cultism, control over the economy, regulation and restriction of speech, mass surveillance, and widespread use of terror.

Old 06-25-2012, 06:15 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,448,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Except its not his god damndable ball. It's ours, he is the ******* playground bully that won't let you or me play with it. Time to beat the **** out of the bully and take the

ball back.
The playground bully, has no "Balls, unless of course, he is the Bully? This Guy is the poorest sport i know of, never learned the meaning i guess, that sometimes you win, and sometimes things don't go your way.

He is the most arrogant, smug, stuck up loser, i have ever seen, don't play the game his way, you already lost.

Old 06-25-2012, 07:10 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,474,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Do we need more proof that Obama has no intentions of upholding the laws of this land? This clearly indicates that he will use his powers to overrule even the SCOTUS. This sends a message to AZ and all other states that this administration will not tolerate the enforcement of immigration laws. I am soooooo sorry I voted for Obama, but he damn sure won't get my vote in November.
Agreed. I voted for Obama too and, well, I WON'T be voting for him again. He ain't my "POTUS" anymore.

Old 06-25-2012, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesky View Post
I agree that the current deportation policy may be faulty and I understand why a lot of people profoundly dislike it. I also agree the federal government priorities in terms of immigration are debatable. I disagree that the federal government is acting unlawfully though.
Uh; NOT keeping illegal aliens OUT of the US is unlawful. Sheesh!

Old 06-25-2012, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
obama protecting minorites, i like it.
Tell THAT to the anti amnesty Black and Chicano people who post here on CDF. Many of them DON'T want illegal aliens here. I didn't know that "illegal alien" was a minority. Illegals come in all colors. Sheesh!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or