U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 11:00 AM

1,182 posts, read 949,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Blue View Post
Governor Brewer. Be honest. You,Arizona,and all patriotic,law abiding Americans lost. Yes the court upheld one provision,but they basically castrated it and made it unenforceable. Later,Obama and his DHS basically again said they would not cooperate with you on illegal immigration enforcement.
Here's my idea.
Round up all the illegals currently in Arizona jails. Get as many buses as you need. Then,start off for Washington DC. On the way,make a detour in Chicago. Drop some off at Obama For America headquarters and also at David Axelrod's address. Then,head to DC. On the way,drop a few illegals in swing states like Ohio and PA. When you get to DC,drop them off at the white house. As an added nice touch,give them some weapons,ala Fast and Furious.
The only thing Brewer should do is resign. She has been told to leave the immigrants alone. I suggest she follow the rule of the court and do as she has been told. Otherwise Obama should order her arrested and jailed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2012, 11:00 AM

8,388 posts, read 8,111,916 times
Default Here's a MUCH better idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Blue View Post
Governor Brewer. Be honest. You,Arizona,and all patriotic,law abiding Americans lost. Yes the court upheld one provision,but they basically castrated it and made it unenforceable. Later,Obama and his DHS basically again said they would not cooperate with you on illegal immigration enforcement.
Here's my idea.
Round up all the illegals currently in Arizona jails. Get as many buses as you need. Then,start off for Washington DC. On the way,make a detour in Chicago. Drop some off at Obama For America headquarters and also at David Axelrod's address. Then,head to DC. On the way,drop a few illegals in swing states like Ohio and PA. When you get to DC,drop them off at the white house. As an added nice touch,give them some weapons,ala Fast and Furious.

Go after the employers who lure the illegals into the US and hire them at sub-minimum wages, instead of paying American workers a living wage.

Old 06-26-2012, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
Go after the employers who lure the illegals into the US and hire them at sub-minimum wages, instead of paying American workers a living wage.
Most illegals earn minimum or more. And no American wants to wash dishes or do dirty outdoor work in the middle of the summer.

Old 06-26-2012, 11:05 AM

5,037 posts, read 4,193,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Why is Arizona mad at Obama? It was the SCOTUS that ruled Brewer's laws were unconstitutional.
Because it's his government that is not doing its job. If they were, Arizona wouldn't have had to try to make those laws in the first place.

Old 06-26-2012, 11:24 AM

801 posts, read 825,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
You're kidding, right? I have read far more insults and personal attacks from the left than I have ever read from the right.
Gonna have to refute this. The instant I saw it I immediately clicked reply. In all my experience, I have seen more attacks on "*******s" and liberals than I have seen from the left. So who is right, me, you, or nyc? None of us. It doesn't really matter who is throwing *****, what matters is too many people are throwing ***** and not talking about the real issues.

I have yet to see a SINGLE political discussion that did not resort to insults and name-calling within 10 posts.

Old 06-26-2012, 11:25 AM

8,388 posts, read 8,111,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin Rick View Post
Most illegals earn minimum or more.
Source?

Quote:
And no American wants to wash dishes or do dirty outdoor work in the middle of the summer.

Not for less than minimum wage.

Old 06-26-2012, 11:26 AM

801 posts, read 825,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin Rick View Post
Most illegals earn minimum or more. And no American wants to wash dishes or do dirty outdoor work in the middle of the summer.
^This. I never get it. Most Americans, even if unemployed, are not willing to do the dirty work that illegals are. There has to be a much better solution than kicking them all out. Because otherwise someone's lawn isn't getting mowed...

Old 06-26-2012, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Because it's his government that is not doing its job. If they were, Arizona wouldn't have had to try to make those laws in the first place.
The fact is that Obama has deported MORE people than either Bush or Clinton did. That is a FACT and you can look it up.

Old 06-26-2012, 11:35 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,166,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySwelly View Post
^This. I never get it. Most Americans, even if unemployed, are not willing to do the dirty work that illegals are. There has to be a much better solution than kicking them all out. Because otherwise someone's lawn isn't getting mowed...
What hogwash! Americans have always done blue collared dirty jobs. If they don't want to mow their own lawn (usually the rich) they can hire a legal landscaper for that. I am so sick of the lies about the American worker from the pro-illegals I could vomit!

Last edited by chicagonut; 06-26-2012 at 12:10 PM..

Old 06-26-2012, 11:38 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,166,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
Have you forgotten the work raids under Bush? Many employers have been fined and jailed for hiring illegal aliens. The problem is that one has to prove that the employer "knowingly" hired illegal aliens. Many times these illegals provide some pretty authentic looking fake documents or the personnel dept. with a wink and a nod hired them knowing full well they were illegal aliens. At any rate the illegal aliens are just as guilty as the employers who hire them.

Last edited by chicagonut; 06-26-2012 at 12:11 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration