Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 05:25 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,664,342 times

Advertisements

I dont think all the farmers will pull up roots and move to Mexico, I know the construction companies wont, or Walmart, Or Mcdonalds, or the hotels.That would cost them a hell of alot more than upping your pay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2007, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
Hope you are right, this also doesn't count the billions it costs to put up a 700 mile wall.
We should already have the funding, just waiting for good ole Bush to make good. Hhahhahahahaha

As long as we dont put up the tin can fence, it would help.

Old 09-27-2007, 05:27 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,491,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
I dont think all the farmers will pull up roots and move to Mexico, I know the construction companies wont, or Walmart, Or Mcdonalds, or the hotels.That would cost them a hell of alot more than upping your pay.
Not immediately, but economics always off-shores to cheapest bidders, look at China. At least when these folks are here they are adding to the US GDP.

Old 09-27-2007, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Not immediately, but economics always off-shores to cheapest bidders, look at China. At least when these folks are here they are adding to the US GDP.
Trust me none of them will. Maybe processing plants if they are that against America and if thats the way it is good riddence. I cant see construction companies and landscapers going over the border, kinda hard to build here, while you are there. Same with MCdonalds and Walmart and other large companies with a huge presence here. Although no more Walmart in the states might not be a bad thing!! Small Businesses true to the USA will take there place.

Old 09-27-2007, 05:36 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,491,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Trust me none of them will. Maybe processing plants if they are that against America and if thats the way it is good riddence. I cant see construction companies and landscapers going over the border, kinda hard to build here, while you are there. Same with MCdonalds and Walmart and other large companies with a huge presence here. Although no more Walmart in the states might not be a bad thing!! Small Businesses true to the USA will take there place.
To me this is like saying a Harley Davidson is built in America.
Sure it may be assembled in America, but the parts are what left this country a long time ago. It is impossible for America to keep up with that kind of demand, all we are left with is a facade. Infrastructure will leave. No business is that true to a country, businesses want to make money.

Basically we are going to pay ~100 billion for our business and GDP to drop, shoot ourselves in the foot much?

Old 09-27-2007, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Sure it may be assembled in America, but the parts are what left this country a long time ago. It is impossible for America to keep up with that kind of demand, all we are left with is a facade.
Yea I can see it now, hundreds dragging lawnmowers and compressors over the border!! See it is more than the easily outsourced, not everything can be. Some will yes, but some are too ingrained. Walmart already buys from China, nothing new there, most do. Some things will be touched alot wont, they will just have to adjust and start playing by the rules.

Old 09-27-2007, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Sure it may be assembled in America, but the parts are what left this country a long time ago. It is impossible for America to keep up with that kind of demand, all we are left with is a facade. Infrastructure will leave. No business is that true to a country, businesses want to make money.

Basically we are going to pay ~100 billion for our business and GDP to drop, shoot ourselves in the foot much?
We have already dont that over and over, the costs and money we lose now, is way too much. Costs here they incure and money they send every year in the billions. Our GDP may take a small hit, but people will wake up and realize we are better for it in the long run. If business want to sponser people and pay them a fair wage while they are here, fine, works for me, but letting them ( businesses) get away with breaking the law and short changing us and the illegals and pocketing billions, wont fly.

Old 09-27-2007, 05:50 PM

537 posts, read 440,989 times
Quote:
94 billion which does not consider the economic impact either.
The economic impact? Oh, you mean the fact that more Americans would be working and less of them on welfare and such because of the illegals that took American jobs. I agree, it will be a very good thing and the small downturn of economics would greatly come back even stronger because of the fact that where the money is made is where most of the money would spent. Good thing for all, except the illegals of course. For them? Who the hell cares? I sure don't and they don't deserve anyone caring about them because they are criminals.

Old 09-27-2007, 05:52 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,145,727 times
How much is the IRS missing out on because of illegals illegally doing everything in cash and not reporting income nor paying taxes?

Old 09-27-2007, 06:22 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,475,646 times
Quote:
Estimate for Deporting Illegal Immigrants $94 Billion
So what's the problem?

Here we go. All aboard!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration