Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 09:49 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,727,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
"Voters in all three states voice strong support for the president's mini 'Dream Act' immigration order, and they say the president would be better than Romney handling immigration," Brown said.
Obama leads in three key states amid immigration support: poll | Reuters

This is like the 4th poll showing that voters overwhelmingly support the president's immigration policies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2012, 10:04 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,178,581 times
I went and looked up the poll. Here is a good BIPARTISAN reply to 2 questions in that poll.
To me that shows America is still undecided. There is no "overwhelming" with these numbers.
And it only got a 1 sentence blurb in that article.

And nearly 60% said this immigration policy "didn't make a difference" in how they will vote.

It looks to me like America is still undecided.

Presidential Swing States (FL, OH & PA) Poll * June 27, 2012 * Florida, Ohio, Pennsylvania Sw - Quinnipiac University – Hamden, Connecticut

7. Do you feel that Barack Obama deserves to be reelected, or do you feel that he does not deserve to be reelected? FL OH PA

Yes/Deserves 46% 49% 45%
No/Does not 47 46 47
DK/NA 6 5 8

8. Regardless of how you intend to vote, who do you think would do a better job on the economy, Barack Obama or Mitt Romney? FL OH PA

Obama 44% 47% 44%
Romney 46 42 44
DK/NA 10 11 12

12. Does this new policy make you more likely to vote for Barack Obama for President, less likely to vote for Barack Obama for President, or doesn't it make a difference? FL OH PA

More likely 17% 11% 12%
Less likely 22 27 27
No difference 58 60 59
DK/NA 2 3 3

Old 06-27-2012, 10:49 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,178,581 times
The poll had 60% just don't care enough about immigration as important for voting.
60% of Americans are apathetic enough that this doesn't matter to them.

Old 06-27-2012, 12:33 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,504,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Obama leads in three key states amid immigration support: poll | Reuters

This is like the 4th poll showing that voters overwhelmingly support the president's immigration policies.
Blacknight, U.S. citizens are very compassionate and generous. But, do not mistake the support for a "select group" of illegal aliens brought to this country as minors, as being support for illegal immigration in general. It is not. Nor is there support for every illegal who will now attempt to take advantage of Obama's directive, such as 28 y/o high school dropouts with 3 or 4 kids, on welfare, who had no interest in education prior to Obama's announcement, and are now scrambling to enroll in GED programs to qualify for amnesty; or, gangbangers without felony convictions, who are enrolled in high school with a .80 GPA. Remember, they are only required to be "in school." It doesn't specify if they must be in good standing. Furthermore, when it becomes apparent that this is nothing but an attempt at backdoor amnesty for millions, support will dwindle.

These limited polls do not represent the opinions of the majority. Of course pro-illegals, including the MSM, would have us believe that most support amnesty for illegal aliens, when nothing could be further from the truth. Read the comments following ANY article discussing illegal immigration, and listen to callers on Washington Journal on C-SPAN, and you will find overwhelming opposition to amnesty across the board.

I am an extremely compassionate and giving person. However, after being exposed to the Dreamies on their forum, as well as those who have trolled here, who, by and large, are arrogant, entitlement-minded, vulgar, fraudsters, and anti-American, it is difficult to feel anything but disdain. If they are representative of most DREAM Act applicants, Obama, like Reagan, will ultimately regret his decision, as will the majority of citizens.

Old 06-27-2012, 12:48 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,301,380 times
  • Florida: Obama edges Romney 45 - 41 percent; Undecided 14%
  • Ohio: Obama over Romney 47 - 38 percent; Undecided 15%
  • Pennsylvania: Obama tops Romney 45 - 39 percent; Undecided 16%
Since history shows about 80% of the undecided go for the challenger when a president is running for re-election, Romney will win FL and PA and OH is a tie.

Old 06-27-2012, 01:30 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,830,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
  • Florida: Obama edges Romney 45 - 41 percent; Undecided 14%
  • Ohio: Obama over Romney 47 - 38 percent; Undecided 15%
  • Pennsylvania: Obama tops Romney 45 - 39 percent; Undecided 16%
Since history shows about 80% of the undecided go for the challenger when a president is running for re-election, Romney will win FL and PA and OH is a tie.
With Romney as the only realistic challenger, people will be wondering how he will be flipping in regards to immigration...

Old 06-27-2012, 01:37 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,274,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
With Romney as the only realistic challenger, people will be wondering how he will be flipping in regards to immigration...
At least we know for sure what Obama wants in regards to illegal immigration and he has been a dictator about it bypassing congress. I'd rather vote for someone that we don't know what he will do for sure and try to be optimistic that he will do what is right for Americans, not illegal aliens. Add that to our lousy economy, dismal job prospects and our trillions in debt that we have accumulated since Obama took office and I think most people will make a rational decision this time around.

Old 06-27-2012, 08:01 PM
NCN

21,665 posts, read 25,520,207 times
I was watching THE FIVE and the WSJ came on and said that Obama had the support of Hispanics by a large margin. I guess if a president chooses to ignore the laws of the nation where he is president, he can reap the benefits.

Now ask me what I think of him and Romney.

My opinion of both of the candidates running is that neither of them has an ounce of loyalty to this country. They are both opportunist and neither of them will be a good president. To be a good president one needs to be loyal to the country where they are president and have the best interest of the CITIZENS of that country. They are both failing miserably in that light.

Obama has had 3.5 years to rid our country of criminal immigrants (Any immigrant in this country illegally is a criminal no matter what their age and no matter how they got here.) I think it is time for the silent majority to become LOUD in letting our government officials know how we feel about our immigration laws being ignored. I have let them know, have you? If not, you are part of the problem.

It is amazing to me that we can go overseas and fight wars, but we cannot secure our own borders. I think that is because those that are buying our government officials do not want our borders secured. If you sit there silently and do nothing, you are just as bad as these greedy unAmerican people. Our forefathers are probably turning in their graves at the lawlessness and corruption in this country.

Old 06-28-2012, 12:42 AM

387 posts, read 589,471 times
No candidate can win without big support from hispanic american
citizen as their vote can be a deciding factor in several key states
Both Bush Jr and Obama won because of high percentage
of hispanics voted for them. Right now only 25% Hispanics
support Obama much lower support than Mccain got in last election
Since Obama will carry blue states and Romney key states like
PA FL OH Co will decide the election

Old 06-28-2012, 08:45 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,727,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post

These limited polls do not represent the opinions of the majority. Of course pro-illegals, including the MSM, would have us believe that most support amnesty for illegal aliens, when nothing could be further from the truth. Read the comments following ANY article discussing illegal immigration, and listen to callers on Washington Journal on C-SPAN, and you will find overwhelming opposition to amnesty across the board.

You are being a hypocrite here IMO. You discount scientific polls that goes against your position, yet you point out online comments on articles to support your claim that there is overwhelming opposition to the president's immigration policies? Off course the vocal anti-immigrant minority have nothing better to do than spend their whole day on the internet complaining about the "invasion". If you visit sites like ALIPAC etc, they instruct their members to go make comments on articles and vote in online polls to try to make it look like the majority of Americans are hardliners on this issue. I guess we will just have to wait till november for the outcome of the election. According to you and other hardliners on this board, Obama should not stand a chance of winning right? We shall see .

BTW, I'm sure hardliners have ALL sorts of excuses lined up when Obama wins another term!! That's what you guys are good at...making excuses when things don't go your way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration