U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 09:08 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivski View Post
i , too, am native american, of choctaw heritage, and english, and have many native american friends, new mexico is one of the "reservation" states, that the native americans were sent to in the trail of tears walk.
one of my friends an ex governor of the jemez pueblo of new mexico told me a story of when the spanish conquistadors came to their land, he said that all the tribes had scouts and would warn the next tribe of their invasion, and torturous enslavement of native americans,he said that once the word got to their tribe,the council had a meeting, and the decision was made amongst the tribe that they would take the tribe to a cliff, and all would commit suicide, in order to avoid the takeover, about half the tribe succeeded in their sacrifice, the rest were captured and enslaved, forced into speaking spanish, and made to convert to catholism....
they are very pro american...the choctaws were also code talkers, just as the navajos in ww2....if they can accept the europeans, but do not accept the illegal immigrants, doesnt that speak volumes on the issue?
maybe i'm wrong, but it speaks it to me.
I am noticing that more and more Native Americans are voicing their contempt towards Hispanic or at least Mexican culture-------yet, many of the Latinos despite being of Aztec, etc heritage themselves are calling the N/A's racist.

Methinks the pot is calling the kettle black-------although, as has been mentioned in the past: Hispanic culture is very White Supremacist hence most Latinos trying to deny their indigenous heritage
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2007, 09:21 PM

55,237 posts, read 72,415,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veiled Prophet View Post
I am glad that they are mad and upset over the illegals being deported. I hope that they get mad enough to move back to their own country. We don't want illegals and I am very happy to see them having these hissy fits because the law is finally being followed. The straw man argument about racial profiling is BS and of course racial profiling should be used since the majority of illegals in this country happen to be from south of the border. But, the police should also be racial profiling anyone that is Asian and Arab looking since they encompass many more illegals. Can't prove you are here legally? Tough luck and adios and good riddance. Actually, the more they protest the law being followed the more Americans finally see them for what they are and how racist and bigoted they are.

About 2,000 gather to protest Irving police program (broken link)
once upon a time, b4 the alamo, texans were very uptight about immigration enforcement too. they did not want to get kicked out of mexico.
things got rough. dont want it to happen here, i mean now that the shoe is on the other foot.
my suggestion is that we need to get in the way back machine. to refind religion and with it refind work ethic. then it will all go away. there is a reason mexican people are here, a whole lot of people that are already here, do not want to work. the big bosses that run this country want people here with work ethic. presto mexican people.

i am sure my patron saint, alan greenspan, could say this a lot better
but i am sure you get my drift
stephen s
san diego ca

Old 09-27-2007, 09:28 PM

10,017 posts, read 16,694,959 times
"there is a reason mexican people are here, a whole lot of people that are already here, do not want to work. the big bosses that run this country want people here with work ethic. presto mexican people."

Sorry but thats a load of BS!!!!!!!!!! lots of people dont want to work for poverty wages and have to pay taxes on it and tryto support themselves. Everyone I know works 11-12 hour days.

Old 09-27-2007, 09:32 PM

2,087 posts, read 1,053,512 times
"there is a reason mexican people are here, a whole lot of people that are already here, do not want to work. the big bosses that run this country want people here with work ethic. presto mexican people."

Companies that have had raids to round up illegal immigrants had scores of AMERICAN citizens lined up to apply for the jobs.

Old 09-27-2007, 09:47 PM

14,222 posts, read 7,406,947 times
Many local companies in the midwest wont hire locals, they have spanish speaking people bussed in.(I suspect their illegal, looks like a duck..profiling?) Now thats discrimination.....against Americans! Oh, and its not the work ethic, its all about the mean green.

Old 09-27-2007, 09:54 PM

384 posts, read 850,456 times
In addition to Irving Texas, let's not forget the great city of Farmers Branch, Texas and the great state of Oklahoma for having the courage to stand up for legal Americans and our rule of law. Many more cities and states will follow. Its unfortunate we have such a weak federal government that will not protect the legal citizens of America thereby putting states and cities in the position of having to do the federal government's job.

Old 09-27-2007, 09:58 PM

556 posts, read 478,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
What galls me is that they expect that they can break any laws they wish - while the rest of us faithfully carry insurance, get our cars inspected legitimately (think of the pollution), make sure we have our vaild driver's license with us at all times, etc..

No one can tell them what to do, it's racist!
When I was going to school in Houston Texas, an illegal alien hauled ass across a road right in front of me. I struck the side of the car he was driving, and his car was incapacitated, and mine was totalled. He didn't want me to call the cops, but I did anyway. When the Harris County PD arrived, the guy actually had the nerve to hand the cop a PHOTOCOPY of an identification from MEXICO.

The cops weren't going to do anything. This guy was driving someone elses car, was an illegal alien, had no form of Official Identification, had no insurance (of course), and my car was totalled out. On top of that what did he get??? The cops were going to let him go! I started threatening the cops with calling the news media, and DEMANDED that this dirt bag be arrested and charged, and thrown in jail. I told them, "I am a US Citizen, I pay my taxes, I have Insurance, and I want that mother*.*.*. to go to jail". Another two police cars showed up and I finally made enough stink to get them to arrest and take him to jail.

Old 09-27-2007, 10:22 PM

556 posts, read 478,073 times
Applause for Irving PD for a good job. However I was dissapointed in the article where it says:

"Police Chief Larry Boyd denies that police are trying to enforce immigration laws and says they are not targeting specific groups of people"

What it should say is that PC Larry Boyd is doing his JOB by helping to enforce immigration LAWS. As well, they SHOULD be targeting specific groups of people.

Old 09-27-2007, 10:47 PM

12,620 posts, read 17,690,078 times
I say to damn bad if they are up in arms.
Free ride is over. We want our country back!
Ole Bill Clinton extended in 1997 amnesty 2 times and then in 2000 gave amnesty again to illegals. No wonder they have come here in groves!
Enough!

Old 09-27-2007, 11:58 PM

1,459 posts, read 4,041,549 times
Cut all the freebies off and kick their ass out. I would like to kick a few, I wear cowboy boots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or