U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 07:12 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
I say to damn bad if they are up in arms.
Free ride is over. We want our country back!
Ole Bill Clinton extended in 1997 amnesty 2 times and then in 2000 gave amnesty again to illegals. No wonder they have come here in groves!
Enough!
Add in the fact that the flow of illegals seems to have increased during Bush's watch as well-------so there is plenty of blame to go around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2007, 08:05 AM

537 posts, read 312,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Add in the fact that the flow of illegals seems to have increased during Bush's watch as well-------so there is plenty of blame to go around.
You betcha!!!!

Old 09-28-2007, 08:24 AM

3,589 posts, read 2,975,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
"there is a reason mexican people are here, a whole lot of people that are already here, do not want to work. the big bosses that run this country want people here with work ethic. presto mexican people."

Companies that have had raids to round up illegal immigrants had scores of AMERICAN citizens lined up to apply for the jobs.
BINGO. People keep forgetting that. I'm so tired of companies here making millions by exploiting illegal labor and keeping blue collar Americans out of jobs. It's disgusting.

Old 09-28-2007, 11:28 AM

55,237 posts, read 72,427,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunky39 View Post
once upon a time, b4 the alamo, texans were very uptight about immigration enforcement too. they did not want to get kicked out of mexico.
things got rough. dont want it to happen here, i mean now that the shoe is on the other foot.
my suggestion is that we need to get in the way back machine. to refind religion and with it refind work ethic. then it will all go away. there is a reason mexican people are here, a whole lot of people that are already here, do not want to work. the big bosses that run this country want people here with work ethic. presto mexican people.

i am sure my patron saint, alan greenspan, could say this a lot better
but i am sure you get my drift
stephen s
san diego ca
i read with great interest the many responses to my post. it is so hard for me to understand this reaction. with this much feeling about red blooded americans being turned away from jobs and illegals getting them,
why is there no union movement???. there is an utter contempt for unions. (dont get me wrong i love this country i was born here and am a citizen) americans continue to plead with the employers and the goverment like a unwanted step child pleading with a cruel step mother to feed it.
this does not work friends. we all have taken high school american history. unions were major players in getting us where we are today. why this contempt of unions. they ship all your jobs overseas, they replace you with illegal workers, and you continue to regard the employers and government as your saviors. why?

stephen s
san diego ca

Old 09-28-2007, 11:48 AM

2,087 posts, read 1,053,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunky39 View Post
i read with great interest the many responses to my post. it is so hard for me to understand this reaction. with this much feeling about red blooded americans being turned away from jobs and illegals getting them,
why is there no union movement???. there is an utter contempt for unions. (dont get me wrong i love this country i was born here and am a citizen) americans continue to plead with the employers and the goverment like a unwanted step child pleading with a cruel step mother to feed it.
this does not work friends. we all have taken high school american history. unions were major players in getting us where we are today. why this contempt of unions. they ship all your jobs overseas, they replace you with illegal workers, and you continue to regard the employers and government as your saviors. why?

stephen s
san diego ca
Since most of the factory jobs have replaced Americans with illegal immigrants the unions are on the side of illegal immigration. All the unions want is the union dues and they do not care where they come from.

Old 09-28-2007, 01:44 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,223,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
So basically all but white lose their civil liberties...yup sounds good to be white. I supose those Irish and Brits will be ok then.

I cannot believe people think racial profiling is ok, just when I thought this board was starting to show some sense.
Get your head out of your backside. You'll have no civil liberties if you are dead. Hasn't 911 taught you liberals anything? We've already lost freedoms like airport security. This is all in the name to keep us SAFE and ALIVE!!!!!

Old 09-28-2007, 01:49 PM

1,735 posts, read 4,138,522 times
I think it’s great to make them feel uncomfortable. They’ve had the “welcome mat” out in CA for at least 37 years. The government has looked the other way for far too long. American citizens are fed up with losing jobs, long waits in emergency rooms, having their cities turned into slums, beautiful parks littered and spray painted, schools turned into under performing jokes, increased crime, SSI numbers stolen so they can work, refusal to learn English and it’s time the illegals feel the pressure to go back home.

Old 09-28-2007, 01:51 PM

3,589 posts, read 2,975,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNC View Post
I think it’s great to make them feel uncomfortable. They’ve had the “welcome mat” out in CA for at least 37 years. The government has looked the other way for far too long. American citizens are fed up with losing jobs, long waits in emergency rooms, having their cities turned into slums, beautiful parks littered and spray painted, schools turned into under performing jokes, increased crime, SSI numbers stolen so they can work, refusal to learn English and it’s time the illegals feel the pressure to go back home.
God YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-28-2007, 10:30 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,875,396 times
CNN said that "the Mexican government is calling America racist for simply enforcing our laws by arresting illegal aliens in Irving".

Old 09-28-2007, 11:06 PM

1,352 posts, read 4,158,994 times
If you're here legally, why all the fuss. You get pulled over, asked for your ID and if all is legit, they send you on your way. Seems to me like these folks protesting are illegal and/or have several family members here illegally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or