U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-28-2007, 11:36 PM
 
12,620 posts, read 17,690,078 times
Reputation: 2988

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by faith10 View Post
CNN said that "the Mexican government is calling America racist for simply enforcing our laws by arresting illegal aliens in Irving".
Well, than what is the Mexican Government? their illegal laws are allot stricter than ours. He is just looking bad to his people all the propaganda is back firing on him. El stupedo Americans are fighting back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-29-2007, 12:32 AM
 
Location: Garland Texas
1,538 posts, read 6,313,960 times
Reputation: 629
Illegal immigrant can refer to anyone here illegally. yet the only people up in arms are hispanics. could they themselves be the racist ones assuming illegal = hispanic?

My problem is not with immigration, it is with illegal immigration. My problem is with my tax dollars going to feed, shelter, clothe, the children of illegal and provide them with medical care. Not only do the illegals come here and break our laws, but then they act like we owe them something. they think they entitled to citizenship, and they should not have to earn it like all the honest folks who come her legally.

Illegal are illegals regardless if they are hispanic, asian, or european.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-29-2007, 01:37 AM
 
547 posts, read 1,044,668 times
Reputation: 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by faith10 View Post
CNN said that "the Mexican government is calling America racist for simply enforcing our laws by arresting illegal aliens in Irving".
If this is the story I think it is, I understand they are asking for identification when they pull someone over in the normal course of duty, meaning the driver broke a law. If they can't produce the documents license, registration and/or proof of insurance they are brought to jail. Then their legal status is checked and if shown to be illegal they are turned over to ICE.

The Hispanic pro-illegal leaders swarmed the area to protest the Hispanics are being racial profiled in an obvious attempt to get Hispanics exempt from having to show documentation. Because they don't have any, or if they do it is forged. They have been successful with his type of campaign so many times before they expect to get the officials to back down and tell the officers not to ask for documentation from Hispanics. Now THAT would be racial profiling, if they decide to only require documentation from non-Hispanics who have traffic violations. We really need to get a grip in this country and stop backing down and let the whining pro-illegal Hispanic supporters get their way every time they play the race card to protect their precious illegal money makers who provide the 2nd highest exported item to Mexico, the American dollar. Yes, I am talking about Hispanics because it is Hispanics who are protesting, as usual. Protesting for "rights" that citizens don't have. They get away with murder (literally sometimes) in this country and it has got to stop!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-29-2007, 01:48 AM
 
547 posts, read 1,044,668 times
Reputation: 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunky39 View Post
.... you continue to regard the employers and government as your saviors. why?
stephen s
san diego ca
If you think we regard employers and government as our saviors you are definitely missing something in what we are saying. We are angry with employers and government for selling us out. We are angry our state governments and/or city governments are the only ones with the guts to start and make necessary changes because the federal government isn't even following the laws we have already voted on and passed. Instead they are bowing to the pro-illegal leaders.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-29-2007, 01:54 AM
 
547 posts, read 1,044,668 times
Reputation: 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryS80 View Post
Illegal immigrant can refer to anyone here illegally. yet the only people up in arms are hispanics. could they themselves be the racist ones assuming illegal = hispanic?

My problem is not with immigration, it is with illegal immigration. My problem is with my tax dollars going to feed, shelter, clothe, the children of illegal and provide them with medical care. Not only do the illegals come here and break our laws, but then they act like we owe them something. they think they entitled to citizenship, and they should not have to earn it like all the honest folks who come her legally.

Illegal are illegals regardless if they are hispanic, asian, or european.
Exactly!!! The Hispanic pro-illegals are the only ones protesting, yet when we get mad and speak out against them, some call us racists because we are singling out Hispanics. Duh, they are singling themselves out by protesting and demanding rights they aren't entitled to. Yet they seem to think they are above every one else and should get special treatment because they are Hispanic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-29-2007, 05:42 AM
 
Location: North Texas
384 posts, read 850,456 times
Reputation: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Annie View Post
Exactly!!! The Hispanic pro-illegals are the only ones protesting, yet when we get mad and speak out against them, some call us racists because we are singling out Hispanics. Duh, they are singling themselves out by protesting and demanding rights they aren't entitled to. Yet they seem to think they are above every one else and should get special treatment because they are Hispanic.
Its very popular in our society today to label a white person as a racist anytime he/she doesn't agree with a minorities position on anything whether legal or illegal. Hispanic leadership has learned this method of intimidation from white liberals and black leaders and noticed the impact it has on white people's reactions. Many whites will cower in a corner when confronted with the "R" word because it just makes them feel guilty. Hispanic leaders that are pro-illegal know that the more Hispanic bodies that can be counted means more money, political power and control. As Hispanics swell their population numbers in American cities and states, they know that our federal government is weak on illegal immigration enforcement and will eventually give them amnesty as we have done in the past. Once they become a large enough population,(majority), they will then have tremendous political power to influence elections and overrun our culture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-29-2007, 06:38 AM
 
1,210 posts, read 1,036,865 times
Reputation: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veiled Prophet View Post
I am glad that they are mad and upset over the illegals being deported. I hope that they get mad enough to move back to their own country. We don't want illegals and I am very happy to see them having these hissy fits because the law is finally being followed. The straw man argument about racial profiling is BS and of course racial profiling should be used since the majority of illegals in this country happen to be from south of the border. But, the police should also be racial profiling anyone that is Asian and Arab looking since they encompass many more illegals. Can't prove you are here legally? Tough luck and adios and good riddance. Actually, the more they protest the law being followed the more Americans finally see them for what they are and how racist and bigoted they are.

About 2,000 gather to protest Irving police program (broken link)
Good for them. I hope the rest of the country can learn something from them. And start deporting them now and their anchor babies
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-29-2007, 11:43 AM
 
547 posts, read 1,044,668 times
Reputation: 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by expgc View Post
Its very popular in our society today to label a white person as a racist anytime he/she doesn't agree with a minorities position on anything whether legal or illegal. Hispanic leadership has learned this method of intimidation from white liberals and black leaders and noticed the impact it has on white people's reactions. Many whites will cower in a corner when confronted with the "R" word because it just makes them feel guilty. Hispanic leaders that are pro-illegal know that the more Hispanic bodies that can be counted means more money, political power and control. As Hispanics swell their population numbers in American cities and states, they know that our federal government is weak on illegal immigration enforcement and will eventually give them amnesty as we have done in the past. Once they become a large enough population,(majority), they will then have tremendous political power to influence elections and overrun our culture.
I agree. However, I think people are starting to wake up to the fact the pro-illegal Hispanic leadership and pro-illegal supporters (including those on this forum) use the race card for that very reason. I have noticed more and more people seeing it for what it is. Less and less are cowering and instead are getting involved. I think it may be backfiring ths time when it comes to the legal citizens of this country. Unfortunately, I believe it is still working on our government leaders. We keep hearing about individual states who have instructed their officers not to ask for documentation from people who could be from Mexico and/or not to call ICE and check for legal status or previous deportations. No wonder they are demanding this special treatment everywhere now, they have been successful in places.

Some people say "If you don't like something, vote to change it". I guess they don't know about all the State and Federal laws voted in (usually by a huge majority) and not being enforced.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-29-2007, 12:48 PM
 
Location: El Paso, TX
5,080 posts, read 7,665,726 times
Reputation: 1105
I love this concept.. racial profiling. It's such a crock, and just another term used to deflect the real problem.

Dallas Fort worth metroplex has one of the largest hispanic population growths in Texas. So when you pull over a car there the chance are greater your going to pull over a hispanic over any other nationality. Then you come to find out they have no id, or warrants, etc and they get taken to jail. Irving TX has a program when no ID is on the person to contact INS to begin Identifying the person, if Illegal they get deported. I for one think its a good program and its working.. this is why people are complaining.. because it is working and removing criminals from our streets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-29-2007, 01:22 PM
 
Location: gold coast fl
96 posts, read 250,276 times
Reputation: 87
Hi,
Don't these ILLEGAL MEXICANS realize that they are not wanted here by the
AMERICAN people. From what I read here in other post's the LEGAL MEXICAN's don't
want them here as the condition's that they have come into this country reflect's
onto them also....since you can't tell an ILLEGAL from a LEGAL by looking at them...
One thing that everyone seem's to have forgotten is that these people still have
to deal with the AMERIAN people. Pelosi , that guy from N.Y. , what's her name
from N.Y. can all go whistle. ( I do know their name's and will also know the name's
of their friend's that run for office in my area.)


LOVE THE U.S.A.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top