U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 11:24 AM

13,692 posts, read 15,126,228 times

Advertisements

I heard about this, but I was wondering why she would have to pay out of pocket?

Didn't her son have insurance?

Makes no sense why she would have to pay for anything.

Old 06-28-2012, 11:25 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,822,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
No the real problem is that employers continue to hire illegals, luring them in... Until that is fixed, yes I think an illegal should get a drivers license and have insurance. Certainly would have helped here...
Please explain how this irresponsible drunk, would not have killed, had she been a licensed driver with insurance.

Old 06-28-2012, 11:25 AM

13,692 posts, read 15,126,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Obama has managed to deport over 400,000 people. Once we make it clear that you will not gain anything if you come here without permission many others will leave as well. But handing out amnesty and driver's licenses to make life easier for illegals will only increase the number of illegals.

Your solution is amnesty. That punishes the American public for something we didn't do. It ignores our wishes and hands us the bill for the economic desires of what is largely Mexico's dysfunctional underclass. That's cruel.

The person should not have been here. Illegals should not drive on our roads. Doing so should be a deportable offense.
That's true.

Having a driver's license won't cause them to kill people less by driving drunk.

Every time they kill an American it's because they were driving drunk.

I have a friend (a police officer) who was almost killed by an illegal alien drunk driver who skipped back across the border and never served a day in court.

Old 06-28-2012, 11:45 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,156,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
No the real problem is that employers continue to hire illegals, luring them in... Until that is fixed, yes I think an illegal should get a drivers license and have insurance. Certainly would have helped here...
I will just address your first sentence since the others in here have addressed the rest of your post. Illegal aliens are "lured" here? Um, don't most of those working adults know right from wrong? Just because someone offers me money to break the law and I accept I am innocent but the one offering me the money is the only one guilty? Yes, employers should be stopped and e-verify will put a stop to much of their illegal hiring practices. Until then unless it can be proven that an employer "knowingly" hired illegal aliens they won't be fined or jailed. Many times it is the personnel dept. doing the hiring that is either fooled by fake or stolen documents or with a wink and a nod they hire them anyway without the knowledge of the business owner.

What frightens me is that many of these illegal aliens come from countries where doing whatever you can get away by breaking the law for personal gain is an accepted part of their culture. Do we really want to amnesty/legalize or make citizens out of such people?

Last edited by chicagonut; 06-28-2012 at 11:55 AM..

Old 06-28-2012, 11:47 AM

55,237 posts, read 72,453,647 times
drunk illegals kill and damage property here alot. hit and run is the norm. they dont respect MADD or women or the laws of this country.
not having a license registration or insurance is no big deal to them.
i am sorry her son was killed by one.

Old 06-28-2012, 12:23 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,014,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
...What frightens me is that many of these illegal aliens come from countries where doing whatever you can get away by breaking the law for personal gain is an accepted part of their culture. Do we really want to amnesty/legalize or make citizens out of such people?
Consider for a moment that legal immigrants are more lawful within U.S. society than the native-born (CIS/FAIR even doesn't contest those statistics). Illegal immigrants are comprised of the same nationalities and cultures as legal immigrants. Why doesn't your theory of criminal predilection based on national origin/culture transfer equally to legal immigrants as well?

I let go the earlier topic that laws are treated by whim in Mexico (while Mexico's immigration laws are contrasted here on the forum as more harsh than in the United States), because I understood that the comments came from no realistic exposure to Mexico (or opinions I know to be BSC)...

Old 06-28-2012, 12:32 PM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 27 days ago)

9,064 posts, read 15,478,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Please explain how this irresponsible drunk, would not have killed, had she been a licensed driver with insurance.
That's like asking me to explain why humans do stupid things...cannot be explained.

Insurance would have helped pay for it.

Old 06-28-2012, 12:33 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,156,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Consider for a moment that legal immigrants are more lawful within U.S. society than the native-born (CIS/FAIR even doesn't contest those statistics). Illegal immigrants are comprised of the same nationalities and cultures as legal immigrants. Why doesn't your theory of criminal predilection based on national origin/culture transfer equally to legal immigrants as well?

I let go the earlier topic that laws are treated by whim in Mexico (while Mexico's immigration laws are contrasted here on the forum as more harsh than in the United States), because I understood that the comments came from no realistic exposure to Mexico (or opinions I know to be BSC)...
Link please that pecentage wise Americans commit more crimes than immigrants whether they be legal or illegal. I would say you would need to break down these so-called stats that legal immigrants are more law abiding than Americans by ethnic group and/or nationality for a true picture. For example, I rarely hear about Asian "immigrants" committing a lot of crimes in this country.

Old 06-28-2012, 12:44 PM

32,823 posts, read 30,075,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post

We don't get legal immigrants coming from the bottom of the social classes for the most part.

Old 06-28-2012, 12:59 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,014,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
We don't get legal immigrants coming from the bottom of the social classes for the most part.
So if you are poor you are more criminally-inclined? What is your opinion as to which "social classes" legal immigrants would come from? Were they not a part of the culture (the same as what an illegal immigrant would have been a part of before coming to the United States) in their nation of origin?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or