U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should American law enforcement be able to racially profile?
Yes 57 76.00%
No 18 24.00%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 08:16 AM

3,589 posts, read 2,971,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by happymom4 View Post
Yeah, and it annoys the heck out of me when you know the perp is guilty as sin
Legally, though, he's not guilty and saying he's guilty is slander...for which he can sue.

Old 10-11-2007, 10:41 AM

4,514 posts, read 8,595,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Apples and oranges here: the American Blacks were native born; so, despite the rhetoric of White Supremacists like 'Bull' Connor, Leandor Perez, etc. they were mistreated whereas the illegal immigrants are just that--------illegal.
Umn...they were "imported" first. And the overblown "illegal" thing is only a civil NOT criminal offense.

I wonder if there is a black police officer who racial profiles in the lily-white suburbs? That would be interesting.

Old 10-11-2007, 11:37 AM

457 posts, read 301,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KerrTown View Post
Umn...they were "imported" first. And the overblown "illegal" thing is only a civil NOT criminal offense.

I wonder if there is a black police officer who racial profiles in the lily-white suburbs? That would be interesting.

WHAT?!?!?!? The whole process from start to finish is a CRIMINAL offense.

Human trafficing, Document fraud, ILLEGALLY not paying alltaxes due to the U.S., and on and on and on....

Even if it WAS just a "civil" crime, it would STILL be against the laws of the U.S., a sovereign nation.

Based on the obvious racial tone of your above post, it's obvious you are a big fan of ALL entitlement programs. There will hopefully be enough room on all subsequent deportation buses to squeeze you on one too. :-)

P.S. YOUR own people SOLD your people to the U.S. to begin with, so quit soley blaming my white ancestors. For the record, I've never owned a slave nor have you ever been one. :-)

Old 10-11-2007, 01:51 PM

348 posts, read 914,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PApisces View Post
WHAT?!?!?!? The whole process from start to finish is a CRIMINAL offense.

Human trafficing, Document fraud, ILLEGALLY not paying alltaxes due to the U.S., and on and on and on....

Even if it WAS just a "civil" crime, it would STILL be against the laws of the U.S., a sovereign nation.

Based on the obvious racial tone of your above post, it's obvious you are a big fan of ALL entitlement programs. There will hopefully be enough room on all subsequent deportation buses to squeeze you on one too. :-)

P.S. YOUR own people SOLD your people to the U.S. to begin with, so quit soley blaming my white ancestors. For the record, I've never owned a slave nor have you ever been one. :-)
Well consider the source, this was the same person spotting runaway slaves

Old 10-11-2007, 08:38 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,611,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KerrTown View Post
Yes; the slaves were imported--------legally under the laws of that era.

And; the slaves were all granted American citizenship once emancipated.

Quote:
I knew of at least one Black cop who did just that outside of Washington DC------Arlington 30 years ago was mostly White.

Old 10-12-2007, 06:17 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,874,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
Isn't USA about equality and being treated fairly?

So, if you were walking down the street and police stop you, but let the other person (of a non-profiled color) walk by, and then the next stop they do the same thing to you and let the other person go by again... repeatedly.

Is that equal treatment?
It's equal treatment of all the suspects police are searching for, going by descriptions; physical, accent, etc.

Old 10-12-2007, 06:26 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,874,628 times
Quote:
Police Office pulls you over...

Car Driver: "Sir why did you pull me over?"
Police: "you match our description"
Car Driver: "what description is that?"
Police: "Mexican"
Car Driver: "AYY CARAMBA!"
Illegal alien is the reason. Guess you wouldn't want to be a policeman.

Old 10-13-2007, 12:00 PM

384 posts, read 1,576,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
Mach50 if it seems like this forum is one sided it is because the VAST majority of Americans are against illegal immigration and are sick of our tax dollars being spent to support illegals and are demanding their country back. We want the same immigration laws enforced like Mexico!
Hmmm well if it comes to asking for "OUR" country back then I guess the Mexicans does have a right to be here after all. Has anyone ever studied on the past history of the United States and why and how the Mexicans ALL ended up in Mexico oppose to the Southwest United States they once occupied before being forced out? How about the annexation of Americans in Texas which eventually led to the Mexican American war?

I wonder where America would be if the Indians had the same atitude and mentality or if the Mexicans did not want to allow the annexation of the Southwest. Oh I forgot, we would have slaughtered them and take it away as we did in the past.

I've come to realize that when it comes to matters of race and immigrants, the real bigots comes out with guns drawn. So sad As an American I sometimes am so ashamed of the selifishness and mentality of so many of us.

Old 10-13-2007, 12:08 PM

384 posts, read 1,576,098 times
Why on earth are we targeting the Mexicans as if they are the only illegal immigrants here. Listen people we have illegal immigrants from Africa, Europe, Asia, The Americas (including Canada), the Caribbeans etc....Mexicans are NOT the only illegal immigrants, they are NOT the first illegal immigrants and they sure as heck won't be the last. Funny I don't see anyone condemning the amount of illegal Cubans coming into this country and being granted status...Yet they commit just as much or even more crime in this country as any other illegal immigrants. Stop targeting the Mexicans, they should have just as much rights as the Cubans.... They are even more oppressed the the Cubans..but because of our hate for Castro we give the Cubans more of an advantage. And we claim not to be biased.

Old 10-13-2007, 12:22 PM

191 posts, read 652,911 times
Quote:
Come on, that was in response to you accusing me of not being loyal...you folks are really reaching to try and trap me now. At least I don't lie about my heritage like Veiled Prophet, who else here is an American Indian but fails to post it on their profile?
I don't post anything in my profile. She doesn't have to have American Indian in her profile to BE an American Indian. Her failure to list that information does not make her a liar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or