U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Should American law enforcement be able to racially profile?
Yes 57 76.00%
No 18 24.00%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 07:14 AM

114 posts, read 234,316 times
Oh yeah.

I'd rather then decide to question/frisk etc. a 30 something middle eastern or mexican than a 60 year old woman

And if the mexicans/middle eastern people cannot understand that then poopoo to them. Sorry if the lot gets put on all of them because of their criminal people but that is the way it should be. If they don't have anything to hide they shouldn't be worried

I'd understand it if all of a sudden the French were criminals here and they'd target me (even though I'm american my dad is french hence I would be in the crossfire) I have nothing to hide and for the wellbeing of his nation I would show them with EASE I am not a criminal and they can go along to the next french person

Old 09-28-2007, 08:04 AM

536 posts, read 17,912 times
The only reason anyone is against racial profiling is because they themselves are racist and/or bigoted.

Old 09-28-2007, 08:25 AM

7,987 posts, read 9,602,043 times
Isn't USA about equality and being treated fairly?

So, if you were walking down the street and police stop you, but let the other person (of a non-profiled color) walk by, and then the next stop they do the same thing to you and let the other person go by again... repeatedly.

Is that equal treatment?

Old 09-28-2007, 08:34 AM

Old 09-28-2007, 08:38 AM

Very rude Veiled Prophet once again, and you say I have no debate skills.

Old 09-28-2007, 08:42 AM

What was rude? Oh, you mean because I disagree with you. Tough. I don't feel sorry for illegals and other criminals. I know lots of people, who happen to be members of our tribe, that have been stopped for driving while Indian so, there is no way that I am going to feel sorry for criminal illegals, the ones who you seem to love so much.

Old 09-28-2007, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veiled Prophet View Post
What was rude? Oh, you mean because I disagree with you. Tough. I don't feel sorry for illegals and other criminals. I know lots of people, who happen to be members of our tribe, that have been stopped for driving while Indian so, there is no way that I am going to feel sorry for criminal illegals, the ones who you seem to love so much.
Do the people of your tribe enjoy that treatment? I can't imagine they do.

Old 09-28-2007, 08:46 AM

483 posts, read 1,396,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
Isn't USA about equality and being treated fairly?

So, if you were walking down the street and police stop you, but let the other person (of a non-profiled color) walk by, and then the next stop they do the same thing to you and let the other person go by again... repeatedly.

Is that equal treatment?
Er.. they're not stopping anybody without a reason. No "Your Papers Please" here.
OTOH, if there's been a bank robbery nearby, and they don't have a description of the robber(s), then, unless you're an old lady with a cane, you might get stopped.
If they do have a description, such as "white male", do you think they should waste their time stopping black females?

Political Correctness is another word for lack of common sense.

Old 09-28-2007, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irvm View Post
Er.. they're not stopping anybody without a reason. No "Your Papers Please" here.
OTOH, if there's been a bank robbery nearby, and they don't have a description of the robber(s), then, unless you're an old lady with a cane, you might get stopped.
If they do have a description, such as "white male", do you think they should waste their time stopping black females?

Political Correctness is another word for lack of common sense.
We are in the immigration forum...I am talking about racial profiling mexicans and muslims to make that clear to you folks.

Old 09-28-2007, 08:49 AM

Mexicans think they have some right to do what they do and they do not and when they find out that they woke the Giant then they get all upset. Tough on them!!!!

Last edited by Veiled Prophet; 09-28-2007 at 09:15 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration