U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-27-2007, 09:08 PM
 
Location: Tennessee/Michigan
27,994 posts, read 46,359,104 times
Reputation: 19398

Advertisements

A group of Hispanic employees say they faced a hostile work environment even before being fired last week from Ballco Manufacturing.

They filed complaints today against the Aurora manufacturing plant, alleging unfair labor practices and racial discrimination.

The group of about 25 workers continues to picket outside the factory at 2375 Liberty St. on the city's far east side.

They held signs reading "Ballco: Stop discrimination" and "Honk for Justice" - which many passing cars did.

On Sept. 19, Ballco fired eight workers who now say they were initially told of problems with their Social Security numbers.

On Sept. 20, more than 20 other workers, who had joined their colleagues in a one-day picket protesting alleged discrimination at the company, also were fired.

Since then, the entire group has been protesting daily at the factory, which produces valve components.

Daily Herald | Hispanic workers allege discrimination at Aurora plant
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-27-2007, 09:21 PM
 
Location: In an illegal immigrant free part of the country.
2,087 posts, read 1,052,974 times
Reputation: 382
The Social Security Administration sends out "no-match letters" to alert employers of differences between a worker's identity and their own records..

Nuff said. If they are there will stolen or fake SS#s they not only need to be fired, they need to be deported!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2007, 10:05 PM
 
Location: Texas- moving back to New England!
556 posts, read 477,846 times
Reputation: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
A group of Hispanic employees say they faced a hostile work environment even before being fired last week from Ballco Manufacturing.

They filed complaints today against the Aurora manufacturing plant, alleging unfair labor practices and racial discrimination.

The group of about 25 workers continues to picket outside the factory at 2375 Liberty St. on the city's far east side.

They held signs reading "Ballco: Stop discrimination" and "Honk for Justice" - which many passing cars did.

On Sept. 19, Ballco fired eight workers who now say they were initially told of problems with their Social Security numbers.

On Sept. 20, more than 20 other workers, who had joined their colleagues in a one-day picket protesting alleged discrimination at the company, also were fired.

Since then, the entire group has been protesting daily at the factory, which produces valve components.

Daily Herald | Hispanic workers allege discrimination at Aurora plant

Where is the INS with the paddy wagon to haul them off???! Picket? They better PACK THEIR BAGS!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-28-2007, 08:33 AM
 
Location: Dallas, Texas
3,589 posts, read 2,972,613 times
Reputation: 533
Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
The Social Security Administration sends out "no-match letters" to alert employers of differences between a worker's identity and their own records..

Nuff said. If they are there will stolen or fake SS#s they not only need to be fired, they need to be deported!
Yeah, really. You gambled, you lost, oh well. Don't let the door hitcha on your WAY OUT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-28-2007, 08:39 AM
 
537 posts, read 312,010 times
Reputation: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
Yeah, really. You gambled, you lost, oh well. Don't let the door hitcha on your WAY OUT.
You got that right!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-28-2007, 08:41 AM
 
Location: Dallas, Texas
3,589 posts, read 2,972,613 times
Reputation: 533
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veiled Prophet View Post
You got that right!!!!
Mm-hmm! *nodding*

I'd like to know if there's any kind of anti-illegal organization in north Texas so I can show up at protests with my "GTFO" sign and a collection bucket so we can all pitch in for bus tickets HOME for these criminal freeloaders.

"It's not like we're breaking the law." Uh...yeah, you are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-28-2007, 08:44 AM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 23 days ago)
 
Location: Denver
9,059 posts, read 15,467,286 times
Reputation: 5288
Quote:
When the fired workers at Ballco asked to see their personnel files, they say they weren't allowed. A supervisor, however, told them they had not received any "no-match letters," workers said.
Why wouldn't they show them the letters? Do you people know for sure that they do have letters?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-28-2007, 08:46 AM
 
537 posts, read 312,010 times
Reputation: 182
They are the ones who are screaming. Let them prove it. If they were legally here then they had no reason to be so supposedly scared of working. It is just another cry for the illegals' story and there is no way that I am ever going to feel sorry for them. Legal and citizen Hispanics are not running scared and if they are maybe it is because they have done something illegal. Get over it and move on. Nothing to see here. Just more screaming by some minority that their rights have been abused when they have not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-28-2007, 08:58 AM
 
Location: In an illegal immigrant free part of the country.
2,087 posts, read 1,052,974 times
Reputation: 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
Why wouldn't they show them the letters? Do you people know for sure that they do have letters?
If they were legal immigrants they would show proof and all would be settled. They are obviously illegal immigrants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-28-2007, 09:26 AM
 
537 posts, read 312,010 times
Reputation: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
If they were legal immigrants they would show proof and all would be settled. They are obviously illegal immigrants.
You are so right!!!! I do not feel sorry for them at all. They want to feel persecuted and they want that so they can sue and do all of the other idiot things that they like to do to hurt the true Americans of this country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top