Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 10:55 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,663,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
There may not be any way of knowing for the "deep cover" illegal aliens. What do I ask? Who do I ask, a stronger suspicion on those that are Hispanic?
You strongly claim you do not know any illegals. I assume you have proof which you don't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2012, 02:57 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,845,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
You strongly claim you do not know any illegals. I assume you have proof which you don't.
Is there some test I can do to make sure someone is not an illegal alien? What does an illegal alien look like? Even if I've known someone for years, do I still need to try to find out?

Do you know any illegal aliens? How can you prove it? Certainly you don't go around asking everyone what their immigration status is, do you?

Old 07-03-2012, 04:35 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,312,858 times
Quote:
Is there some test I can do to make sure someone is not an illegal alien? What does an illegal alien look like? Even if I've known someone for years, do I still need to try to find out?

Do you know any illegal aliens? How can you prove it? Certainly you don't go around asking everyone what their immigration status is, do you?
I'd be willing to bet that when most or many illegal aliens find out that one is an illegal alien defender/sympathizer that they are willing to share their status with that person.

Old 07-03-2012, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I'd be willing to bet that when most or many illegal aliens find out that one is an illegal alien defender/sympathizer that they are willing to share their status with that person.
I dunno, never heard of that before...

Old 07-03-2012, 11:33 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,668,317 times
Quote:
There may not be any way of knowing for the "deep cover" illegal aliens. What do I ask? Who do I ask, a stronger suspicion on those that are Hispanic?
Oh now that would be stupid. Especially considering where I live. I never said El Paso has 80% illegals -- and if someone thought all hispanics were here illegally, they'd think 80% of El Paso is here illegally.

Keep in mind we're talking sanctuary city where the illegals are almost never deported. They're not exactly in the shadows and there are plenty of illegals here that you'd have to go out of your way to pretend you never saw one.

Old 07-03-2012, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Around here they don't think any one is against it. They believe the polls that all Americans really want unlimited and massive illegal immigration. They think it's just certain politicians that are against them. They really assume Americans are too lazy to work, that Americans would just as soon sit back and let them take all the jobs, don't mind paying the taxes that get them their free health care and food stamps. That's what they're told all the time -- by both our politicians, the La Raza groups, their own government leaders.

Also you have to realize that in their country, what they've always experienced is a kind of disregard for the laws that is quite universal. The mordida for example -- it's not actually legal to bribe a cop or government agent but everyone does it. Culturally there really is a different attitude about respecting laws and authority.

That's one reason the illegals adore Obama so much. They see him as someone who is with them in fighting against the laws of this country. He's with them all the way when it comes to throwing the middle finger at the federal laws.

So no -- here they don't try to find out if you're a sympathizer -- they just assume everyone is. If you're visiting someone, it's pretty much normal for a housekeeper to ask if you could give her a ride to California in the trunk of your car. Or laughingly tell you how the guys down the street got deported the other day but are already back, or how Jose that got picked up for selling pot, got deported and is trying to borrow money so he can get back over here the easy way. Then they tell you he's back but since no one would lend him money, he ended up walking around the fence.

Old 07-03-2012, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Oh now that would be stupid. Especially considering where I live. I never said El Paso has 80% illegals -- and if someone thought all hispanics were here illegally, they'd think 80% of El Paso is here illegally.

Keep in mind we're talking sanctuary city where the illegals are almost never deported. They're not exactly in the shadows and there are plenty of illegals here that you'd have to go out of your way to pretend you never saw one.
I said that I don't personally know any illegal aliens. "All American NYC" commented a couple weeks back that there were entire cities on the U.S. side of the Southwest filled with "Mexicans". But I attach about the same relevance to both of you, no matter where you live. Same level of delusion.

Old 07-03-2012, 11:59 PM

Quote:
I said that I don't personally know any illegal aliens. "All American NYC" commented a couple weeks back that there were entire cities on the U.S. side of the Southwest filled with "Mexicans". But I attach about the same relevance to both of you, no matter where you live. Same level of delusion.
I kind of don't believe you. You really don't know anyone with an illegal housekeeper? Or lawn man? I would think Las Cruces isn't really all that different than El Paso where people will even offer to help find you an illegal because their housekeeper can get you the names of some.

How do you think I knew about the corruption in the New Mexico DPS offices -- and I brought that up sometime back on this forum and now it's in the papers. The clerks in these DPS offices would actually inform illegals how to commit fraud. Illegals that aren't even residing in NM.

More criminal charges in Sunland Park election fraud and public corruption - El Paso Times

The final set of charges filed Friday relate to a Texas couple, Hector and Marie Gonzalez, for allegedly using fraudulent, counterfeit or forged documents to obtain a New Mexico driver's license from the Sunland Park Motor Vehicle Division.

Old 07-04-2012, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I kind of don't believe you. You really don't know anyone with an illegal housekeeper? Or lawn man? I would think Las Cruces isn't really all that different than El Paso where people will even offer to help find you an illegal because their housekeeper can get you the names of some...
Yeah, Las Cruces is different from El Paso, but it's been quite some time since I actually lived there...

Old 07-04-2012, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Yeah, Las Cruces is different from El Paso, but it's been quite some time since I actually lived there...
Why did I think you lived in Las Cruces?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration