U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 10:31 AM

5,302 posts, read 4,028,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Did you read the OP? I didn't say that illegals can sponsor their relatives -- but that is what the illegals are now demanding. They won their big dream act amnesty but it's not going to be enough for them, they want amnesty for all.

The "don't deport my mama" signs are a clear indication of that, next we'll be hearing of sob stories of dream act amnestied whose parents are about to be deported.

And exactly how do you think entire clans, large extended families have all managed to be over here? One illegal comes, gets amnesty and then it's family reunificiation time. There are almost whole villages that have come over.
Implying "almost whole villages" are in close enough relationships to be sponsored by a single person (whom has legalized through some process, because a Legal Permanent Resident, then naturalized to U.S. citizenship) is unrealistic. Let's be clear, from the point this once-illegal alien acquires legal residency, everything is legal immigration from there. The past topic of a VWP violator had members arguing that she was not an illegal alien once back in her home country, any naturalized U.S. citizen has years of legal immigration under their belt, and also cannot now be considered an illegal alien either.

Really, this fear-mongering detracts from the possibility of any rational debate. You are completely fabricating stories for effect. Why people still believe you after all the wild tales, I don't know.

Maybe they just need some horror to cling to that explains things in their mind...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2012, 11:06 AM

32,992 posts, read 30,252,700 times
Quote:
That is the plan. Along with parents, the newly amnestied dream act 16-30 year olds want their dear abuelos and abuelas and their beloved tios and tias, the primos and primas -- now that the 16-30 year olds have won their amnesty, there's work to be done on that famous "family reunification" which of course means bringing all those who remained back home into the USA for their easy life here.

All those dream act kids who couldn't dream of moving back home because they forgot all their relatives are now starting to remember them and how much they need to be with them.

What's hilarious almost is that many of the dream act kids who simply could not be deported back to a country they forgot and would feel strange in, were openly disappointed when they found out their new work visas weren't also border crossing cards, they were hoping they could travel back home after all, check up on old friends and visit family members.
Bingo. The amount of lies being told by these DREAMERS is boggling.

Old 07-02-2012, 09:50 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,941,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Yes, amnesty for these so-called kids is the first step. Next it will be amnestying their parents. Then the cry will be that they all need citizenship. Once that is obtain then they can sponsor some of their family back in the homeland. It is a step by step family reunification program.
Yes and as the parents are here illegally -- that's what it's all about. And family members not already here will be soon arriving and start demanding their amnesty.

Old 07-02-2012, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Implying "almost whole villages" are in close enough relationships to be sponsored by a single person (whom has legalized through some process, because a Legal Permanent Resident, then naturalized to U.S. citizenship) is unrealistic. Let's be clear, from the point this once-illegal alien acquires legal residency, everything is legal immigration from there. The past topic of a VWP violator had members arguing that she was not an illegal alien once back in her home country, any naturalized U.S. citizen has years of legal immigration under their belt, and also cannot now be considered an illegal alien either.

Really, this fear-mongering detracts from the possibility of any rational debate. You are completely fabricating stories for effect. Why people still believe you after all the wild tales, I don't know.

Maybe they just need some horror to cling to that explains things in their mind...
Where do you think the millions of illegals have come from? We're not talking about people who respect the laws of this country, just like what the OP posted -- now they're demanding that the illegal parents be given legal status. "Don't deport my mama" isn't about someone brought here legally.

Whenever one illegal gets established and better yet when he or she is given amnesty, the long lost family members start arriving to join him or her -- they have a place to stay, food to eat, someone who can put them in contact with lawbreaking employers to give the illegal a job. You've got whole mixtures of large extended families living here -- some legal, many illegal and once citizenship is attained, more can be brought in. I'm sure you know enough illegals by now to know many have aunts, uncles, cousins and all kinds of relatives living here.

In fact one common way the new illegals have the money to pay cartel smugglers is their illegal kinfolk here lend them that money. They don't make that kind of money back home to come up with the several thousand required to pay the cartels to get them over here. Even the dream act illegals would say that they had no relatives, no extended family of any kind back home because all their relatives were living here. No friends, no one -- back home -- that came right out of the mouths of these illegals demanding their amnesty and coming up with how terrifying and lonely going home would be for them.

Old 07-02-2012, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Where do you think the millions of illegals have come from? We're not talking about people who respect the laws of this country, just like what the OP posted -- now they're demanding that the illegal parents be given legal status. "Don't deport my mama" isn't about someone brought here legally.

Whenever one illegal gets established and better yet when he or she is given amnesty, the long lost family members start arriving to join him or her -- they have a place to stay, food to eat, someone who can put them in contact with lawbreaking employers to give the illegal a job. You've got whole mixtures of large extended families living here -- some legal, many illegal and once citizenship is attained, more can be brought in. I'm sure you know enough illegals by now to know many have aunts, uncles, cousins and all kinds of relatives living here.

In fact one common way the new illegals have the money to pay cartel smugglers is their illegal kinfolk here lend them that money. They don't make that kind of money back home to come up with the several thousand required to pay the cartels to get them over here. Even the dream act illegals would say that they had no relatives, no extended family of any kind back home because all their relatives were living here. No friends, no one -- back home -- that came right out of the mouths of these illegals demanding their amnesty and coming up with how terrifying and lonely going home would be for them.
Me? I don't know anyone personally that is an illegal alien. In reality I think you are confused (labeling many as "illegal" that actually have immigration status, possibly even U.S. citizenship), especially with your mistaken notions on sponsorship.

I'd ask you how these personal "amnesties" are occurring, and the mass sponsorship you are alleging from there, but I think it is a waste of my time to even feign interest in your contrived stories...

But you do have a prime captive audience for yourself here, and they hang on your every word...

Old 07-02-2012, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Me? I don't know anyone personally that is an illegal alien. In reality I think you are confused (labeling many as "illegal" that actually have immigration status, possibly even U.S. citizenship), especially with your mistaken notions on sponsorship.

I'd ask you how these personal "amnesties" are occurring, and the mass sponsorship you are alleging from there, but I think it is a waste of my time to even feign interest in your contrived stories...

But you do have a prime captive audience for yourself here, and they hang on your every word...
You are wrong. I know many illegals (I live in a sanctuary city) -- I'm surprised you don't. Or maybe you're confusing everyone as being here legally.

I knew several illegals that were deported, and even a couple who went back on their own but that was some time back. One guy I suspect will be back any day now, he's been deported twice already.

Old 07-02-2012, 11:46 PM

Quote:
You are wrong. I know many illegals (I live in a sanctuary city) -- I'm surprised you don't. Or maybe you're confusing everyone as being here legally...
It is entirely amusing to me that you think I live amongst illegal aliens...

But I do know whom you are referring to as "illegals", so it really isn't surprising...

Old 07-03-2012, 07:09 AM

Quote:
It is entirely amusing to me that you think I live amongst illegal aliens...

But I do know whom you are referring to as "illegals", so it really isn't surprising...
I didn't say you live with them but with so many illegals in this country, there's almost no way you couldn't know any -- unless you're doing some profiling or something and making sure you never meet an illegal. I don't live with illegals either - but well -- I live in El Paso.

Old 07-03-2012, 10:08 AM

9,243 posts, read 7,134,989 times
Quote:

How do you know who is not illegal?
You ask them for verification?

Old 07-03-2012, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
How do you know who is not illegal?
You ask them for verification?
There may not be any way of knowing for the "deep cover" illegal aliens. What do I ask? Who do I ask, a stronger suspicion on those that are Hispanic?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or