U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 06:35 PM

537 posts, read 313,762 times

Advertisements

Absolutely and of course the government doesn't seem to care that they are teachinbg crap and lies to the citizens of this country because of course a real "Apache" in Mexico is still and Indian and not Hispanic at all, but they could come here and get double minority status. How about that?! Not a bad idea. Maybe I should do just that. hmmmmmm

Old 09-29-2007, 07:13 PM

17,286 posts, read 25,022,351 times
I actually even reject using "Hispanic" to represent "ethnicity." Latin American countries, like all "new world" countries, were populated through immigration.

Unless we start referring to EVERYONE of ANY race in Canada or the United States as "Brittanican," there's no reason to use the term "Hispanic."

Old 09-29-2007, 07:26 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,685,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
I actually even reject using "Hispanic" to represent "ethnicity." Latin American countries, like all "new world" countries, were populated through immigration.

Unless we start referring to EVERYONE of ANY race in Canada or the United States as "Brittanican," there's no reason to use the term "Hispanic."
'Hispanic' is an artificial term at best.

Prior to ca. 1970; most people from SOB/Spain were 'White', legally speaking.

Heck: in at least one state in the 1950's, it was illegal for a Mexican-American of Aztec heritage to marry a person from the Philippines------never mind that both parties were from the same basic race------Asian.

Old 09-29-2007, 07:28 PM

537 posts, read 313,762 times
You know darn good and well that some Hispanics just don't want the truth to get out there and of course we have a government helping them spread their lies.

Old 09-29-2007, 08:16 PM

261 posts, read 563,919 times
"I mean, the fact that blacks call themselves African-American is as funny as it is sad, since so many Americans can't even find Africa on a map and of course the majority of those blacks that think of themselves as African-American aren't. They are black Americans and nothing more. They can't stand the fact that there are white African-Americans."

I didn't realize African-Americans spent any time hating the fact that white African-Americans call themselves such. This is an asinine statement.

Oh, there's no such thing as a "Real Hispanic".

Old 09-29-2007, 08:16 PM

1,210 posts, read 1,043,106 times
I use the term " Mexican " to describe the legal American who has descended
from Mexico , because it seems to be the excepted term used to describe all
people of the same race who are descendants of Mexicans. I do not know what
their real race is called. They refer to themselves as Mexicans .
So on that note , A person who is an American citizen is an American not a
Mexican. The American " Mexican " has just as much to lose as any other
American when it comes to illegal immigration. It is not hate for the person
, rather hate for what that person is doing to our economy and lives. Any
person who does not break the law and hire illegals is losing money because
their competition is hiring them and cutting prices on job bids.

Old 09-29-2007, 08:44 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,685,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by junkman18 View Post
I use the term " Mexican " to describe the legal American who has descended
from Mexico , because it seems to be the excepted term used to describe all
people of the same race who are descendants of Mexicans. I do not know what
their real race is called. They refer to themselves as Mexicans .
So on that note , A person who is an American citizen is an American not a
Mexican. The American " Mexican " has just as much to lose as any other
American when it comes to illegal immigration. It is not hate for the person
, rather hate for what that person is doing to our economy and lives. Any
person who does not break the law and hire illegals is losing money because
their competition is hiring them and cutting prices on job bids.
A real Mexican is a citizen of Mexico.......a friend of mine; born and raised in Mexico, of 100% Russian heritage is definitely Mexican in his eyes

Old 10-02-2007, 03:51 PM

9,836 posts, read 21,567,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
What I don't get is how the mestizos eat up the tv shows on Spanish-language channels, where they are quite obviously glamourizing the people of Castilian roots? How do they identify with the faces they see giving them their news or portraying their telenovellas?
That's a complicated subject. It is highly embedded in the culture and power structure of Mexico. Mexico is mostly Mestizo but a lot of the elites and celebs are White.

Old 10-02-2007, 09:14 PM

201 posts, read 1,169,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torrey View Post
None of that scientific crap matters. What matters is that there are millions of ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS invading our country, and they need to be stopped and deported IMMEDIATELY. This isn't a damn racial issue, it is an issue of INVASION.
I feel for you because it really must be bad in Texas.

However I do not agree with you. I have ALOT of Illigal friends. At least 15. Many I did not know were not legal for a long time. I found out one was yesterday when I was talking to him and I asked him why his family did weired things like when he got robbed they didn't report the crime, etc...
He told me its cause he's illegal.
It really shocked me.
His whole family speaks English very well. His father works a low level job and so does his Mom. Very poor but hard working family. Great People.

I asked him the steps of how he could have become legal and not illegal.
He told me it cost like 5K for a minor, 2K for a lil kid, and 8K for an adult.

Wow... Thats like 15K for them to legally migrate into the US. That is insane. There yearly wage before they came to the US was like 5K a year. Thats with Mom, Dad and the kids working in feilds 15 hours a day too.

I am glad they came over here illegally honestly. Because they could have never came here legally. His family comes from the slums. His Father 5 years ago was making $4 a day for backbreaking labor. Now he makes $8 an hour.
They lived in a mud house in the mountains in a violent rural village infested with cocaine trade and prostitution.

I agree that breaking the law is bad. Some Illegal immigrants are bad. But most are just people trying to improve there life.
I feel for those people because based on some of the story's ive heard from some illigals and how they got here and where they come from.

I would have came here without papers too.

Old 10-03-2007, 10:00 AM

13,073 posts, read 21,223,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StPete2Charlotte View Post
I feel for you because it really must be bad in Texas.

However I do not agree with you. I have ALOT of Illigal friends. At least 15. Many I did not know were not legal for a long time. I found out one was yesterday when I was talking to him and I asked him why his family did weired things like when he got robbed they didn't report the crime, etc...
He told me its cause he's illegal.
It really shocked me.
His whole family speaks English very well. His father works a low level job and so does his Mom. Very poor but hard working family. Great People.

I asked him the steps of how he could have become legal and not illegal.
He told me it cost like 5K for a minor, 2K for a lil kid, and 8K for an adult.

Wow... Thats like 15K for them to legally migrate into the US. That is insane. There yearly wage before they came to the US was like 5K a year. Thats with Mom, Dad and the kids working in feilds 15 hours a day too.

I am glad they came over here illegally honestly. Because they could have never came here legally. His family comes from the slums. His Father 5 years ago was making $4 a day for backbreaking labor. Now he makes $8 an hour.
They lived in a mud house in the mountains in a violent rural village infested with cocaine trade and prostitution.

I agree that breaking the law is bad. Some Illegal immigrants are bad. But most are just people trying to improve there life.
I feel for those people because based on some of the story's ive heard from some illigals and how they got here and where they come from.

I would have came here without papers too.
Do you have any idea of how many people living abroad right now in countries other than Mexico would be here by now if that comment you made about the cost of immigrating legally had any truth to it? That statement alone removes credibility of what you have posted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration