U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 10-03-2007, 05:12 PM
 
201 posts, read 1,169,550 times
Reputation: 83

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Do you have any idea of how many people living abroad right now in countries other than Mexico would be here by now if that comment you made about the cost of immigrating legally had any truth to it? That statement alone removes credibility of what you have posted.
I speak from real life experiences. I don't talk based off what ive seen on youtube or posted on websites like most of the fools on this site.

I honestly don't know how much it costs. I don't care. If it costs anything more than 1K a person than its too much. I even said my friend told me "it was something like." That should reveal to anyone with a brain that I honestly don't know how much it costs. That however was not even close to being the point I was trying to make so I still have as much credibility as anyone. However I know I lose ALOT of credibility for being in this particular forum and NOT being a bigot who hates Hispanics (That is the majority of lurkers in this particular thread).

The Facts:
I don't know how much it costs.
I do know it costs more than 1K.
Thats 2 years gross salary for poor Mexicans.
Its ludacris to expect them to pay that much to just be given the opportunity to provide a quality life for themselves an family.

 
Old 10-03-2007, 05:32 PM
 
Location: South Bay Native
13,072 posts, read 21,213,904 times
Reputation: 22551
It's ludacris[sic] that you think anyone can just buy their way into this country. The US doesn't sell "tickets" granting passage legally into our system. The point I was making is that there is no monetary price to come to the US legally, and anyone who tells you otherwise is blowing smoke. I'm not sure why you assume that your 'real life experiences' are somehow more valid than US law, but everyone is entitled to their own version of the truth.

Your replacement of the word ludicrous with the stage name adopted by rapper Christopher Brian Bridges (Ludacris), doesn't help with your credibility either. Your sweeping generalization of people posting on this forum as being bigoted and hating Hispanics isn't helping your argument in favor of illegal immigration either.
 
Old 10-03-2007, 06:08 PM
 
Location: Denver
9,067 posts, read 15,499,585 times
Reputation: 5288
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
It's ludacris[sic] that you think anyone can just buy their way into this country. The US doesn't sell "tickets" granting passage legally into our system. The point I was making is that there is no monetary price to come to the US legally, and anyone who tells you otherwise is blowing smoke. I'm not sure why you assume that your 'real life experiences' are somehow more valid than US law, but everyone is entitled to their own version of the truth.

Your replacement of the word ludicrous with the stage name adopted by rapper Christopher Brian Bridges (Ludacris), doesn't help with your credibility either. Your sweeping generalization of people posting on this forum as being bigoted and hating Hispanics isn't helping your argument in favor of illegal immigration either.
Oh relax on the spelling and grammar, are we in English class?
 
Old 10-03-2007, 07:26 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,673,551 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
Oh relax on the spelling and grammar, are we in English class?
My spelling/grammar are not exactly perfect either; yet, I too tend to take a person a bit more seriously if their English is reasonably correct------note, I am referring to a native-born American, not a recent immigrant. The latter I try to cut them slack-------at least they are attempting to use English.
 
Old 10-04-2007, 11:36 AM
 
Location: South Bay Native
13,072 posts, read 21,213,904 times
Reputation: 22551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
Oh relax on the spelling and grammar, are we in English class?
Way to go Mach, focusing all your attention on one part of my post, and failing to address the main point of my rebuttal. I would understand if I had replied with a post chastizing someone for their typos and having nothing else to contribute. Using a rapper's stage name is not a typo by the way, but it is indicative of the level of education and experience.

Since you felt obligated to chime in on a post that wasn't directed towards you, how about you focus on the point that I was making and respond to that? My point was that there is no "price" on coming here legally, the USCIS doesn't sell tickets for legal passage to the US. Go for it.
 
Old 10-04-2007, 12:14 PM
 
Location: Bronx, NY
9,836 posts, read 21,557,525 times
Reputation: 3514
Getting her legally does cost money and it takes a long time. It is a long drawn out process. There are a lot legal fees involved since you have to get a lawyer to handle the paperwork. Especially for a poor person from a third world country, a few thousand is a lot of money.
 
Old 10-04-2008, 03:42 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,673,551 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOBLACKPOWER View Post
i beleive that white americans need to learn to deal with the fact that there is a mix of racial backgrounds but also realise that it is the white man's fault their ancestor for robbing africa,south america but naked thatz why were struggling.! Our struggle in our homelands that is the reason for us moving to america to get a better future make money..
so get use to it..!!
My 'White guilt' died a long time ago.

The only thing us Americans (of any race/ethnicity) 'owe' illegal immigrants is a one way trip back to their homelands.

Besides: if using the 'race card'; what about the Japanese prior to WW II with their atrocities against other Asians? Same race there.

As for Africa: that continent has been independent for going on 30 years now-----------the present leaders need to grow up and take responsibility for their actions.
 
Old 10-04-2008, 04:03 PM
 
Location: California
3,172 posts, read 6,003,997 times
Reputation: 332
Yup, nothing but good ol discussion on illegal immigrants here.

How has a thread on "hispanic race conception" lasted so long on this forum.
 
Old 10-04-2008, 05:17 PM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 16,234,181 times
Reputation: 4611
At one time:

One was only considered Hispanic if born in the USA according to Webster’s Dictionary. Later it was defined by Merriam-Webster as any person of Latin American descent living in the USA.
 
Old 10-04-2008, 05:41 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,834,008 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOBLACKPOWER View Post
i beleive that white americans need to learn to deal with the fact that there is a mix of racial backgrounds but also realise that it is the white man's fault their ancestor for robbing africa,south america but naked thatz why were struggling.! Our struggle in our homelands that is the reason for us moving to america to get a better future make money..
so get use to it..!!
No, we will not "get used to it." This is OUR country, and we have every right to determine who, what, where, and how, foreigners enter our country and become citizens.

Furthermore, please stop trying to exploit the former slavery of Africans to lend credence to your illegal presence. It's old, tired, and futile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top