U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 02:43 PM

26,203 posts, read 14,100,551 times

Advertisements

Check this out...

In another nauseating series of "Virtual Learning Center" brainwashing courses that Border Patrol agents are forced to sit behind a computer for hours and endure, we are now taught in an "Active Shooter" course that if we encounter a shooter in a public place we are to "run away" and "hide". If we are cornered by such a shooter we are to (only as a last resort) become "aggressive" and "throw things" at him or her. We are then advised to "call law enforcement" and wait for their arrival (presumably, while more innocent victims are slaughtered). Shooting incidents cited in the course are Columbine, the Giffords shooting and the Virginia Tech shooting.

This is from a blog from a Arizona border patrol dated 6/20/2012.

It is always comforting to know that for those of us who carry a weapon when we are off-duty, if we should encounter such a situation, stop a shooter and save countless lives, we can look forward to being disciplined or fired by the Border Patrol because we should have run away to hide and then maybe thrown objects at the deranged killer instead of taking action and stopping him with a firearm.

This is really dangerous stuff that they are dealing with. Telling the authorities NOT to defend themselves when encountering a shooter. This is beyond ignorance and neglect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2012, 02:47 PM

16,553 posts, read 11,056,498 times
That's Obama's ROE's even for the military these days.

Old 07-27-2012, 02:53 PM

54,160 posts, read 38,246,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post

[
This is really dangerous stuff that they are dealing with. Telling the authorities NOT to defend themselves when encountering a shooter. This is beyond ignorance and neglect.

Any particular reason you so casually ignore " in a public place " ?

Old 07-27-2012, 02:55 PM

20,997 posts, read 10,631,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Any particular reason you so casually ignore " in a public place " ?
So you think you should not take out someone shooting people in public if you got the chance?

Old 07-27-2012, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
So you think you should not take out someone shooting people in public if you got the chance?
I think there are too many variations of the situation to write any black & white rule.

I also think if you're going to quote something as a topic headline you shouldn't edit it to change the context.

Old 07-27-2012, 03:03 PM

20,997 posts, read 10,631,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I think there are too many variations of the situation to write any black & white rule.

I also think if you're going to quote something as a topic headline you shouldn't edit it to change the context.
I actually agree on both those opinions. There should be no black and white rule. A trained officer should be able to rely on his own judgement in a shooting situation.

Old 07-27-2012, 03:06 PM

8,287 posts, read 7,306,548 times
http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...away-hide.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
I saw that too, this is clearly aimed at administrative staff in workplace environment. People love to get all spun up about things.

Old 07-27-2012, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I actually agree on both those opinions. There should be no black and white rule. A trained officer should be able to rely on his own judgement in a shooting situation.
Exactly, I think it's pretty damn silly to be sending out armed agents if you have no faith in their ability to assess a situation in real time/place, not some text book example. Teach them to observe and assess, not act by rote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or