U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 03:02 PM

1,510 posts, read 750,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Well Ghost it happens everyday in this country to people who break the laws GUESS What!!!!
They get their KIDS TAKEN and they are LEGAL citizens of this country!
So think of another angle that one is boring and used up!
i think it is justifiable if the parent is endangering their child's welfare on a continuous basis. taking a child out of a consistently dangerous environment is humane. using a persons immigrant status to label them a criminal is not a true danger to the child. and even when a citizen's child is taken away, they are provided with foster care. would you support domestic foster care for the children of deported immigrants?

Old 10-02-2007, 03:02 PM

16,092 posts, read 36,508,823 times
So Ghost if I go to France and have a baby, I shouldn't worry about a passport and the French government should pay for my baby, educate him and feed me and my family for free, pay our medical bill? ? Also, I will be forging numerous documents, I am sure you will tell the French government not to arrest me....

Old 10-02-2007, 03:03 PM

2,432 posts, read 6,097,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
one of your ancestors was an anchor baby in a native american land. generations have passed, so you consider yourself a citizen. it will be the exact same with the modern day anchor babies' future generations. you just have the perspective of the invaded, much like the true "native americans".

how is that humane?
Nope, I consider myself a citizen because my parents were citizens.

But as far as being humane goes, what in any of my posts ever gave you the impression I had any concern at all about being humane to these criminals?

Old 10-02-2007, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
This is an excellent point. I saw this being discussed on one of those news programs, 60 Minutes or 20/20 or something. They interviewed a woman who was making plans to sneak across the US border and she went up and down the street pointing out houses where Mexicans used to live. She literally went up and down the street pointing to each house saying where the person moved to.

She actually said something like 80% to 90% of the entire town was already in America.
well that doesnt have anything to do with the original claim that mexican men were leaving their families to die. i still havent seen a source for that claim, and all you are saying is that the entire villages have emigrated. the two are completely different claims.

Old 10-02-2007, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducter View Post
STOP THE PROBLEM AT THE SOURCE. quit voting in corrupt politicians!!!

Yes I agree but when illegals commit crimes they are the source so I agree with you, lets stop the source and stop illegals coming here.
the legislation is the source of the criminal label. without a law, they would not be criminals. therefore, the source of the criminality lies with the lawmaker. i understand what you are trying to convey: some illegal immigrants commit crime. but that is not all-encompassing, so why punish the ones whose only "crime" is immigration? the citizens of america commit crimes, but not all-encompassingly, so we should put everyone in jail? the logic is not there..

Quote:
And currently many people are coming here illegally and that is a fact and is present.
yes, that is true. it is also true that they are considered illegal due to the actions of lawmakers... the source.

Quote:
Taking focus off this doesnt change this and the fact that they are currently coming here illegaly. you seem to keep saying that if illegals keep breaking the law it wont matter to their kids. Again I am speaking of illegal aleins not their children.

not all illegals are breaking laws (aside from their action of immigration). if that is their worst crime, they are better americans than a lot of our citizens. i dont understand the desire to punish them all.

Old 10-02-2007, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
Nope, I consider myself a citizen because my parents were citizens.
then so will the children of the anchor babies, and all their future generations. problem solved.

Quote:
But as far as being humane goes, what in any of my posts ever gave you the impression I had any concern at all about being humane to these criminals?
i get the impression that youre inhumane. i dont know why you would want to flaunt that attribute.

Old 10-02-2007, 03:13 PM

1,484 posts, read 3,772,661 times
Default you

Quote:
the legislation is the source of the criminal label. without a law, they would not be criminals. therefore, the source of the criminality lies with the lawmaker. i understand what you are trying to convey: some illegal immigrants commit crime. but that is not all-encompassing, so why punish the ones whose only "crime" is immigration? the citizens of america commit crimes, but not all-encompassingly, so we should put everyone in jail? the logic is not there..

yes, that is true. it is also true that they are considered illegal due to the actions of lawmakers... the source.

not all illegals are breaking laws (aside from their action of immigration). if that is their worst crime, they are better americans than a lot of our citizens. i dont understand the desire to punish them all.

So for whatever crime is being broken we should then abolish the law that says it is a crime? That is advocating lawlessness. If someone doesnt like our laws they should not have come int our country illegally. You are defending people breaking our laws. This would not be a great country without our laws as you suggest.

Just to clraify it is not immigration we are speaking of, it is illegal immigration.

Old 10-02-2007, 03:25 PM

2,432 posts, read 6,097,511 times
Quote:
then so will the children of the anchor babies, and all their future generations. problem solved.

i get the impression that youre inhumane. i dont know why you would want to flaunt that attribute.
Nope, I was born as a citizen to parents of citizens in a soverign nation. The illegals sneaking in today are nothing more than criminals trying to steal and pillage.

Kicking out the criminal illegal aliens is the most humane thing we can do for America and her citizens.

Old 10-02-2007, 03:33 PM

12,625 posts, read 18,123,176 times
Quote:
do you have a source for that claim?
Also Many men come here and their families are in Mexico Don't you get out much?

Old 10-02-2007, 03:36 PM

12,625 posts, read 18,123,176 times
Quote:
i think it is justifiable if the parent is endangering their child's welfare on a continuous basis. taking a child out of a consistently dangerous environment is humane. using a persons immigrant status to label them a criminal is not a true danger to the child. and even when a citizen's child is taken away, they are provided with foster care. would you support domestic foster care for the children of deported immigrants?
They need to be taken away from their parents and deported back to Mexico.! Let them set up foster care for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or