U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 03:37 PM

16,092 posts, read 36,500,922 times

Advertisements

I guess GHOST does not want to answer my question.

Old 10-02-2007, 03:42 PM

1,510 posts, read 750,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
So Ghost if I go to France and have a baby, I shouldn't worry about a passport and the French government should pay for my baby, educate him and feed me and my family for free, pay our medical bill? ? Also, I will be forging numerous documents, I am sure you will tell the French government not to arrest me....
sorry lakewooder, ive been busy all over this board and am having a hard time answering every single question. that being said, we should look at the reason why you are having a baby in france. are you from a poor, neighboring country? because circumstances such as that would play a crucial role in determining the reasoning for your action, and therefore, help shape the subsequent action. the french provide free education and medicine for their citizens, so i doubt another baby would put much of a dent in them. if you want to approach the situation from the french government's point of view, it would be humane to take in a refugee from a poor country with little opportunity so that you and your child can become productive citizens within the country. if you were in that situation, and the government gave you a chance to register yourself without punishment, would you take them up? im sure most illegal immigrants from mexico would, and feel the same way.

Old 10-02-2007, 03:42 PM

12,625 posts, read 18,120,180 times
hey Ghost here is some data for ya.

INVASION USA
Study: 1 million sex crimes by illegals
Researcher estimates more than 100 offenders crossing border daily In 2006.

Based on a one-year in-depth study, a researcher estimates there are about 240,000 illegal immigrant sex offenders in the United States who have had an average of four victims each.

"This translates to 93 sex offenders and 12 serial sexual offenders coming across U.S. borders illegally per day," she says.

She points out the 1,500 offenders in her study had a total of 5,999 victims, and each sex offender averaged four victims.

"This places the estimate for victimization numbers around 960,000 for the 88 months examined in this study," she declares.

WorldNetDaily: Study: 1 million sex crimes by illegals

Old 10-02-2007, 03:43 PM

Yes I really can't get good wine anywhere else and my family is suffering. The pate' here is also not really good enough. The staple here is tortillas and beans.

Also can I bring 20 million American citizens to France who are tired of living in what is now Mexico?

Old 10-02-2007, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Also Many men come here and their families are in Mexico Don't you get out much?
most men come here to earn us dollars which go a long way towards feeding their families back in mexico. they dont want their wives or children to risk crossing, so they do it themselves. why do you think they work for such low wages? its a high wage when you convert it to pesos. they are hardly leaving their families to die.

Old 10-02-2007, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Yes I really can't get good wine anywhere else and my family is suffering. The pate' here is also not really good enough. The staple here is tortillas and beans.

Also can I bring 20 million American citizens to France who are tired of living in what is now Mexico?
well said.

i dont think americans have it as bad as mexicans, especially comparatively speaking.

Old 10-02-2007, 03:56 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,905,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Mexico's subsequent defeat left them with little choice but to accept the United States' demands, or risk total annexation of Mexico."

the aftermath of the mexican-american war caused many mexicans to flee the area, leaving them "rooted" in modern day mexico.
Wars are ugly, and its a shame they ever occur. Nevertheless, that's often how we humans have settled things in the past. The U.S. does include some lands that were "taken" from others, by means fair or not. This is true of virtually all nations.
Alaska once "belonged" to Russia; Louisiana once "belonged" to France; Florida once "belonged" to Spain; Delaware once "belonged" to Sweden; and Virginia once "belonged" to England. Yet Russian, and French, and Spanish, and Swedish, and English citizens, entering these areas today, have no special "rights" by virtue of what their ancestors owned or didn't own. Today, such people are just plain trespassers, nothing more.

Our society simply doesn't recognize blood-ties as the basis for rights. The descendants of slave-holders have no right to be compensated for their lost slaves, even though they lost their "property" in a war. This idea would be rightfully ridiculed as preposterous, outlandish, and immoral.

By your reasoning, GHOST, and assuming that ethnicity is the basis for land ownership, the US Southwest should belong to various Indian tribes indigenous to the area, NOT Indians from other areas. Either way, your argument falls short. The plain fact is, the US is a modern nation, no worse than any other, and certainly better than most, and has a right to determine who comes here, just like any other nation on earth.

Old 10-02-2007, 04:02 PM

If it's being humane, we ought to keep out the citizens of Mexico, who 'are comparitively speaking' much better off than those in Darfur. Bring them over, they have the highest need for humanity. And how much will you be paying?

Old 10-02-2007, 04:02 PM

10,017 posts, read 16,986,757 times
BEING POOR DOES NOT GIVE YOU THE RIGHT TO TAKE WHAT YOU WANT OR DEMAND ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry it doesnt cut it. I have been poor, my family came here without anything and pulled themselves up, they could have stayed home, been put into concentration camps, but luckily they had family here. If that wasnt the case the would have stayed home, some of them did.

Old 10-02-2007, 04:03 PM

12,625 posts, read 18,120,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
most men come here to earn us dollars which go a long way towards feeding their families back in mexico. they dont want their wives or children to risk crossing, so they do it themselves. why do you think they work for such low wages? its a high wage when you convert it to pesos. they are hardly leaving their families to die.
Where is the data that they are not leaving their families to die!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or