U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 02:09 PM

16,092 posts, read 35,859,317 times

Advertisements

They did nothing but sneak into another country and hold themselves above all laws the citizens must follow!

Old 10-03-2007, 02:32 PM

1,510 posts, read 713,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
They did nothing but sneak into another country and hold themselves above all laws the citizens must follow!
i dont think their intent is to disobey our laws. i think their intent is to attain a better life however possible. we, as citizens, have all broken laws before. but we do not speak of each other in such a manner. to associate all illegal immigrant action with a foundation of law-breaking is not reasonable, in my opinion. their crossing-over was illegal, but not everything they do after that is illegal. if i speed in my car and get a ticket, it doesnt mean i should never be allowed to drive again.

Old 10-03-2007, 02:55 PM

10,017 posts, read 16,722,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
i dont think their intent is to disobey our laws. i think their intent is to attain a better life however possible. we, as citizens, have all broken laws before. but we do not speak of each other in such a manner. to associate all illegal immigrant action with a foundation of law-breaking is not reasonable, in my opinion. their crossing-over was illegal, but not everything they do after that is illegal. if i speed in my car and get a ticket, it doesnt mean i should never be allowed to drive again.
No but you should pay your fine and not do it again.

Old 10-03-2007, 03:04 PM

5,080 posts, read 7,701,678 times
Quote:
Ghost come on.. lets be real for a moment.. you honestly don't think they know coming in the dead of night, sneaking across the boarder is against our laws? Come on think about it for a second.. I know your a smart person. Why would they sneak in, if they didn't know it is breaking our laws to do so? Now look at the title given illegal immigrant not legal immigrant, so it is a foundation of law breaking the mere presence of them here illegally proves the willingness to break our laws. Their life once here illegally is crime in its self, so everyday they are here is a day they commit a crime, either by false documents to get work, or benefits, or rent a place to live. Everyday is a crime in some way.

Now comparing speeding tickets to illegal immigration is just silly and you know it. Come on.. really.

Here is an idea.. go to Mexico, and stay longer than your visa.. try to rent or buy a home, try to get employment. See how they treat and handle you. And then tell me whats fair and just Ghost.

Old 10-03-2007, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
No but you should pay your fine and not do it again.
if you had to pay your fine and forfeit your car, im sure youd be a lot more hesitant to actually pony up.

Old 10-03-2007, 03:09 PM

Quote:
if you had to pay your fine and forfeit your car, im sure youd be a lot more hesitant to actually pony up.
Actually they should not be driving at all. Against the law with no insurance and license.

Old 10-03-2007, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
Ghost come on.. lets be real for a moment.. you honestly don't think they know coming in the dead of night, sneaking across the boarder is against our laws? Come on think about it for a second.. I know your a smart person. Why would they sneak in, if they didn't know it is breaking our laws to do so? Now look at the title given illegal immigrant not legal immigrant, so it is a foundation of law breaking the mere presence of them here illegally proves the willingness to break our laws. Their life once here illegally is crime in its self, so everyday they are here is a day they commit a crime, either by false documents to get work, or benefits, or rent a place to live. Everyday is a crime in some way.

Now comparing speeding tickets to illegal immigration is just silly and you know it. Come on.. really.

Here is an idea.. go to Mexico, and stay longer than your visa.. try to rent or buy a home, try to get employment. See how they treat and handle you. And then tell me whats fair and just Ghost.
of course they understand that theyre breaking a law. but again, i dont think their intent is to break a law just to spite us. they are doing it because they have to, not because they want to. there is no other realistic means of achieving a good life for many of them. it is a RISK they take, because the payoff is so wonderful. and that is why they break the law, for the good life, not to disrespect anyone. and because we have not allowed them a cheap, quick way to legally immigrate, we have constructed framework that ties their whole course of action after immigration to illegality. why do we repeal laws? because many times they are unjust or unreasonable. to think that banning everyone is the solution is ridiculous. we create a class of criminal by creating the law. instead of working WITH the inevitable, we chooes to fight it. that is why i feel the law is unreasonable. if we streamlined the immigration process and made it very inexpensive, if not free, we would see a DRAMATIC reduction in illegal border crossings. i guarantee it.

Old 10-03-2007, 03:13 PM

if we streamlined the immigration process and made it very inexpensive, if not free, we would see a DRAMATIC reduction in illegal border crossings. i guarantee it.

It is that way for a reason. Too easy and watch what happens.

Old 10-03-2007, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Actually they should not be driving at all. Against the law with no insurance and license.
i was just drawing a comparative. if you were ticketed for speeding, and you had to pay a fine and forfeit your car, you would be a lot more likely to throw away the ticket and keep your car, much like the immigrants dont pay fines because they will get deported as well. if you imposed ONLY a fine for illegally immigrated, then allowed them to stay, then many more would pay that one-time fee so they wont be labeled criminals.

Old 10-03-2007, 03:14 PM

Quote:
It is that way for a reason. Too easy and watch what happens.
what reason is that? what will happen? do you have any historical examples?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or