Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 02:50 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,155,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
separating a child from its parent is still inhumane to the child. and if you do agree with the idea of humanity towards children, you should definitely reconsider a lot of your opinions on the immigration matter altogether.

Yes it's really inhumane that millions of Mexican men have left their families in Mexico in dying villages.

Old 10-02-2007, 02:52 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,668,382 times
Quote:
we have criminals in every society, but rarely do they make up the majority of the population (unless we find ways to make them criminals by passing unjust or unreasonable laws [prohibition in the 20's made a lot of criminals]). to dismiss the potential productivity of integrating a culture and its ideas based on the actions of a few is ridiculous. and again, the anchor babies will have kids and then our present will be their past, and we'll all just have to move on.
So because YOU think the law is unjust, then it is? Right Ok....

And so far their ideas are ,gimme gimme, freebies, not paying bills and complaining when they dont get what they feel they should, because for some reason they feel they are more deserving than the others waiting to come here, or hell even more than our own citizens that are having problems.

Old 10-02-2007, 02:53 PM

1,511 posts, read 978,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducter View Post
Really...so someone comes here illegally, has intercourse to get pregnant and that is luck? I am sorry the root cause of that issue is that the person came here illegally by CHOICE.
the kid being born has no say in the matter. it is their luck.

Quote:
By stopping illegall immigration we would be stopping a large amount of people that are comitting the the very crimes you spoke of.
if we put ankle bracelets on everyone and strapped cameras to their heads, there would be even less crime. would you sign up for that? fact is, crime is part of society. its not fun or pretty, but it is. yet, we have still managed to be an overall productive society. why wouldnt the integration of another culture or language be beneficial to our diversity and multiculturalism? sure, we'll inherit criminals, but we already have them. the flipside is that we will inherit a wealth of new ideas and productive persons. that is a beautiful thing.

Quote:
Stopping the problem at the source (one of the sources at least) is the most effective way instead of letting them to give them a chance to commit these crimes. You CANNOT have a secure and safe country while letting illegals come in, commit crimes, get deported and then come in and do this all over again. Sympathy is not an excuse for breaking our laws.

you dont stop the flow of drugs by arresting the users. you have to go after the source, like you said. the immigrants are the "users". the dealers are the politicians who have been allowed to legislate away our middle and lower classes, and to frivolously spend our taxes on bureaucracies and wars
. if the dealers had more fiscal responsibility, in the US and in mexico, we would have two thriving nations with a healthy and wealthy working class. again, you are correct: STOP THE PROBLEM AT THE SOURCE. quit voting in corrupt politicians!!!

Old 10-02-2007, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Yes it's really inhumane that millions of Mexican men have left their families in Mexico in dying villages.
do you have a source for that claim?

Old 10-02-2007, 02:55 PM

2,433 posts, read 6,677,129 times
Quote:
We are all anchor babies, in some way. Being born inside these borders is pure luck, regardless of the status of our parents. Punishing the children is not a humane approach, in my opinion.
We are not all anchor babies. I can trace my ancestors back on one side to the original 13 colonies, and on the other to the 1800s. I was born to parents that were native to the country, the United States of America. I'm a native Nebraskian and a native American, not an anchor baby.

As far as punishing the children go any punishment that they get falls on the criminal parents, no one else. If you want to be humane chuck them over the fence and let the Mexican government handle them while their parents are doing time.

Old 10-02-2007, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
So because YOU think the law is unjust, then it is? Right Ok....
not necessarily. i am just acknowledging the inherent nature of criminality. some laws deserved to be looked at.. why do you think we repeal some?

Quote:
And so far their ideas are ,gimme gimme, freebies, not paying bills and complaining when they dont get what they feel they should, because for some reason they feel they are more deserving than the others waiting to come here, or hell even more than our own citizens that are having problems.

again, a generalization. you should stop looking at immigration status as the fundamental problem, and start addressing the political problems that have framed these circumstances.

Old 10-02-2007, 02:58 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,444,022 times
Quote:
separating a child from its parent is still inhumane to the child. and if you do agree with the idea of humanity towards children, you should definitely reconsider a lot of your opinions on the immigration matter altogether.
Well Ghost it happens everyday in this country to people who break the laws GUESS What!!!!
They get their KIDS TAKEN and they are LEGAL citizens of this country!
So think of another angle that one is boring and used up!

Old 10-02-2007, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
We are not all anchor babies. I can trace my ancestors back on one side to the original 13 colonies, and on the other to the 1800s. I was born to parents that were native to the country, the United States of America. I'm a native Nebraskian and a native American, not an anchor baby.
one of your ancestors was an anchor baby in a native american land. generations have passed, so you consider yourself a citizen. it will be the exact same with the modern day anchor babies' future generations. you just have the perspective of the invaded, much like the true "native americans".

Quote:
As far as punishing the children go any punishment that they get falls on the criminal parents, no one else. If you want to be humane chuck them over the fence and let the Mexican government handle them while their parents are doing time.

how is that humane?

Old 10-02-2007, 02:59 PM

1,484 posts, read 4,155,597 times
Default double standard

STOP THE PROBLEM AT THE SOURCE. quit voting in corrupt politicians!!!

Yes I agree but when illegals commit crimes they are the source so I agree with you, lets stop the source and stop illegals coming here.

And currently many people are coming here illegally and that is a fact and is present.

Taking focus off this doesnt change this and the fact that they are currently coming here illegaly. you seem to keep saying that if illegals keep breaking the law it wont matter to their kids. Again I am speaking of illegal aleins not their children.

Old 10-02-2007, 03:01 PM

2,433 posts, read 6,677,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
This is an excellent point. I saw this being discussed on one of those news programs, 60 Minutes or 20/20 or something. They interviewed a woman who was making plans to sneak across the US border and she went up and down the street pointing out houses where Mexicans used to live. She literally went up and down the street pointing to each house saying where the person moved to.

She actually said something like 80% to 90% of the entire town was already in America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration